Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I started this pretty facetiously as a joke about the Darren Bent threads. After all, it's that time of the season when we look back at our favourite Bent obviously, but what about the other Bent's that have graced our hallowed turf?

But in all seriousness, I was looking his stats up the other day and realised his photo on Wikipedia is still in a charlton shirt despite putting in appearances for another 5 clubs since his stint here.

We mock spongefoot but this guy got 2 out of 35 appearances. Yet he seemed to be pretty respected before he came here.

It's when I realised he must've been pretty decent at one point.. Not to mention, he must've been utter class in some areas as he was engaged to Gemma Atkinson..

Also, I got a bit of a giggle when I read:

"Bent signed a one-year contract with Indonesia Super League club Mitra Kukar on 3 November 2011.[26] In doing so he rejected interest from clubs in England, choosing the Far East as he "didn’t want to be based up north"."
  • Had a fight with Paul Devlin and lost should never have signed him
  • We should have kept him in our first season back in the championship. It was his level and he would have scored quite a few.
  • Had a fight with Paul Devlin and lost should never have signed him

Devlin's only a little fella?
  • Without a doubt the worst value signing Curbs ever made.
  • We should have kept him in our first season back in the championship. It was his level and he would have scored quite a few.

Three words: Premier League Wages.

Three words: F*****g useless c**t
  • Sponsored links:

But in his book, that was roughly around the time curbs stopped whole heartedly caring and needed a new challenge ;)

No dig at curbs he was a great manager.
  • An emergency signing in the January transfer window because Shaun Bartlett, the only striker really suitable for our successful 4-5-1 of the time, was long term injured. Bent had impressed against us previously in 4-5-1s and Curbs thought he could do a job.

The logic was fine but, sadly, the player was not.
  • edited June 2014
    Saw his debut and goal at Stamford Bridge in a most unlikely 1-1 draw when all the natives were expecting us to turn up, roll over and take a thrashing as Chelski were beating all before them.

Francis Jeffers, surely...

he is going to come good soon. just you wait and see.

Rabbit Fox in the box.
  • MailOnline Sport retweeted
    Sam Cunningham ‏@samcunningham 6m6 minutes ago
    Marcus Bent, former Premier League striker, has been charged with affray and possession of a Class A drug. More on @MailSport.
  • Police statement on Marcus Bent arrest: 'Police attended a residential property at around 9.30pm. Officers were threatened with weapons.'

— Sam Cunningham (@samcunningham) September 15, 2015

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 15m15 minutes ago London, England
    Louis Mendez retweeted Sam Cunningham
    Wouldn't have worried the police too much tbh. He rarely hit the target.