Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley

Seem to be our most likely challenger for the magic 4th from bottom spot.
We have 2 games in hand and 6 better goal difference.

Their games left

Barnsley v Brighton Sat 5 Apr 15:00
Barnsley v Burnley Tue 8 Apr 19:45
Bolton v Barnsley Sat 12 Apr 15:07
Charlton v Barnsley Tue 15 Apr 19:45
Barnsley v Leeds Sat 19 Apr 15:00
Derby v Barnsley Mon 21 Apr 15:00
Middlesbrough v Barnsley Sat 26 Apr 15:00
Barnsley v QPR Sat 3 May 12:15

Not an easy run-in - Burnley, Derby and QPR to play.

A win on the 15th would be massive. (As is our game against Yeovil on the 8th).

Comments

• Barnsley looked dead and buried a few weeks ago when they lost convincingly at Watford. There are going to be plenty of twists yet, this is the first.

No-one is down until it's mathematically safe.
  • Who are Millwall playing on the 8th?

Away at Wigan.

Away at Wigan.

Huge night for the winners of our game against Yeovil then.

Away at Wigan.

The only problem is Wigan have their semi final game the following Saturday. Hope their players don't spend the entire game nancy footing around to avoid injury.
  • Wigan will be focused on the play-offs thankfully.
  • That is a stinking run in Barnsley have.

Shame
  • Tell you what, Barnsley seem to pluck these types of results out every year, plucky side.
  • QPR are really struggling, not sure how tricky they'll be for Barsnley tbh!
  • Looks a mixed run in for them, 3 tough games, 5 very winnable ones.
    They have a chance, particularly if they turn us over.
    Shaping up as a huge game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tell you what, Barnsley seem to pluck these types of results out every year, plucky side.

Back in our Prem days, we used to get called Plucky Little Charlton.
    Perhaps I shouldn't have told you that.

Meanwhile, how was your day OP ......?

;o)

didn't think you would show your ugly face on here tonight..........have the Wendies now given up for the season thinking you are safe,

• Forget the teams below us. There's only one safety spot for four teams so it's rather risky hedging your bets on that one place. What a desperate scramble for safety that will be.

It seems to me that we need to be concentrating on catching one of the teams above us. This is possible as we are averaging a point a game and so if we get three points from our three games in hand then we we only be two points behind.

I'm confident that if we catch one of those teams then we will be OK. We need to have that attitude to it - treat it as though we are one of three, not four, teams at the bottom, so that catching one of those teams is absolutely necessary. If we do catch one of those above us, then it needs two, not just one, of the teams below us to overtake us in order for us to go down, which is unlikely I think.
  • Need Brighton to win for us to end their winning run now. Guessing we want doncaster to beat birmingham too, as they are closest to us. And blackpool yeovil - draw? or would we rather a blackpool win? Big saturday coming up, what with Millwall at Forest who can't seem to beat anyone at the minute
  • Oggy Red said:

Tell you what, Barnsley seem to pluck these types of results out every year, plucky side.

Back in our Prem days, we used to get called Plucky Little Charlton.
    Perhaps I shouldn't have told you that.

Meanwhile, how was your day OP ......?

;o)
    Menwhile ...ermm.... it was an off day or a bad day at the office, you choose?

Tell you what, Barnsley seem to pluck these types of results out every year, plucky side.

didn't think you would show your ugly face on here tonight..........have the Wendies now given up for the season thinking you are safe,

Wouldn't say i'm ugly;)

Lets face it, we've been safe for weeks.

• Barnsley begin their survival drive. It was foretold.
  • That was a heck of a result today from Barnsley , it would be great if we can pick points up on Tuesday night against Leeds.
  • The Barnsley game for us is the most important game of the season. We CAN'T LOSE