Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why can't we score?

Are we really that bad or has it become a mental block? Every striker in our squad seems to be struggling.
26 goals is shocking!

Comments

• Options
    We don't have players who can beat a man with the ball. Harriot is the best at that but he is unreliable at best
  • Options
    in truth harriot aint all that good
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

The issue wasn't sufficiently addressed in January.

This!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Even if we could, one or two wouldn't have been any good today and three would have only yielded a point. We were never going to go unbeaten until the end of the season so we move on. Back on topic having to sign strikers from the bargain basement at the end of the August transfer window tells it's own story.
  • Options

in truth harriot aint all that good

Harriot has the skill but lacks the football brain, which is the difference between an average player to a good effective player. Far too many times he finds himself in a decent postion to create something, yet seems to constantly make the wrong choices. Hopefully this is something the coaches can work on, but won't hold my breath................
  • Options
    Because we rely on useless players like Reza and Church!
    Not even good enough for league 2.
  • Options
    We've had worse teams and worse players in the past, but we've always scored our fair share of goals. I cannot remember ever finding it this difficult to score a goal.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, as soon as we signed Church + Sordell just before the start of the season we were pretty much doomed. To go into the season relying on those two to be our main strikers was foolhardy at best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014

Valley11 said:

C_A_F_C said:

This!
    I would go further and say it was not addressed in the summer transfer window. We never replaced Fuller.
    I would go even further by agreeing with you but noting that it was made even worse by the decision to sell Kermorgant, a decision that looks more arrogant and crass with every passing game
    And remind us how many goals we did score while Kermorgant was here.
  • Options
    Church is no finisher, Reza looks lightweight and not quite championship standard, Sordell is alright but lacking in confidence and effort. Obika to the rescue...
  • Options
    WSS said:

The fact of the matter is, is that if Kermorgant was with us we'd be a greater attacking threat and have a better chance of scoring a goal than we do now.

Surely nobody can argue that.

It's CL, someone will find a way ;)
  • Options

Valley11 said:

C_A_F_C said:

This!
    I would go further and say it was not addressed in the summer transfer window. We never replaced Fuller.
    I would go even further by agreeing with you but noting that it was made even worse by the decision to sell Kermorgant, a decision that looks more arrogant and crass with every passing game
    22 in 26, 4 in 10 since he has left.
  • Options
    Just looking at the table, our total of 26 goals is 11 goals less than the next lowest scorers: Millwall & Yeovil both have 37. So we have scored almost 50% less goals than the next worst teams in the Championship. Wow!!
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Valley11 said:

C_A_F_C said:

This!
    22 in 26, 4 in 10 since he has left.
    Forwarded to Mr dutchelet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just unlucky.
    Don't worry out time is coming.
    We are going to give someone a right good thrashing in the games we have left.
  • Options
    ''And remind us how many goals we did score while Kermorgant was here.''

3 Against Brighton, only time we've done that this season, bring back Yann!!!
  • Options
    Your hoofing game won't get you anywhere. It's the team as a whole that can't produce productive passes.
  • Options
    and Bournemouth have an outside chance of making the playoffs??
  • Options
    Because we sold him to Bournemouth
  • Options
    I honestly think we will beat someone (well) soon. We just need that 'rub of the green' and yes I know we have to make our own luck but just look at our season so far!
    From being quite optimistic of finishing anywhere around mid table to where we are now. Yes it seems everything has gone against us as a club let alone a team. Our players must be low on confidence, no one seems to know our best team (if we have a best starting eleven!)
    BUT surely we are due a little bit of luck? and I think that is all we need to regain a bit of confidence and to go on and play with a bit of freedom and for our strikers to start finding the back of the net. We just have to all stay behind Jose and the boys and believe we can do it. All the time it's in our hands we have to think we are going to be in this league next season.

• Options

''And remind us how many goals we did score while Kermorgant was here.''

3 Against Brighton, only time we've done that this season, bring back Yann!!!

2 from Wilson that day though, when we had a certain C Solly at right back...
  • Options
    A good defense always beat a good attack.

I'd much rather be in our position, with a good defense and able to nick games 1-0 than Yeovil who can score but let in about 3 goals on average.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

C_A_F_C said:

This!
    The mighty Kermogant was offered a contract and left for more money elsewhere. No matter how many interviews he gives that is the truth.