Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Complimentary Crossbars Tickets for Reading Game

WSSWSS
edited March 2014 in General Charlton
Anyone else get these?

Just got a letter about the Crossbars Lounge taster sessions at Reading. It is apparently by "invitation only" and I've been selected.

Pre-match entry, half time entry and drinks voucher and post match entry (both prem game being show in there as well).

Fair play to the club on this one.

Comments

• Money goes to money and it must help if you are in the clique :-)
  • Are you in the North Stand WSS?
  • Yep - North Upper and not renewed ST yet...
  • I got one as well WSS, special targeting for CL Moderators so looks like me, you and @Riviera are in for a session
  • I wonder if he'll buy champagne again?
  • One minute there is a protest march about compulsory seat moving - next thing you know it's all sorted over a few complimentary drinks.

I guess you have to "tip you hat to the new constitution"

:)
  • Yep got mine through this morning b nice to get a feel of what goes on in theese suites b4 I'll prob end up in the cheap seats next season
  • edited March 2014
    I asked for one, they said yes, and I now have 4, one for each of my group. Looking forward to it.
  • I got one and I would refuse to be a member of any clique that would admit me.
  • I got complementary crossbars tickets for the Burnley game. It is very nice but not worth £230 a season imo!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I got complementary crossbars tickets for the Burnley game. It is very nice but not worth £230 a season imo!!

Come and join the 'A' team :0)
  • ......and I thought I was special :-(
  • I got one :p

It's 1/4 the price of the millennium bar though, is the millennium 4x better ?
  • shine166 said:

I got complementary crossbars tickets for the Burnley game. It is very nice but not worth £230 a season imo!!

It's 1/4 the price of the millennium bar though, is the millennium 4x better ?
    Yes.

• Is the millenium 4 times the £230 cost of crossbars ?
  • I got the invitation today as well, also haven't re-newed (yet) and sit in the North Upper.

could be a late marketing ploy to target those who haven't re-newed yet and could be tempted into the crossbars season ticket for next year.
  • WSS said:

I wonder if he'll buy champagne again?

It's Pomagne these days since I retired.

• Yep i have one as well
  • edited March 2014
    I got one today as well.

I filed it .

It's absolutely ridiculous that the club thinks it can charge £10 a game for a bar that is not used enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I think £10 a game is fine bearing in mind you also get a program and half time drink included in that £10
  • Is the millenium 4 times the £230 cost of crossbars ?

It was 1k last time I looked
  • Personally I think £10 a game is fine bearing in mind you also get a program and half time drink included in that £10

That's my thinking, that's £7 of the entry coverd

• But if you don't usually buy a programme or share one between you and your two kids who don't drink then you are paying a big premium.

Do they do it on a game by game basis as well?
  • I got one but not interested
  • Got the invite but won't be going if they've invited you lot of ruffians as well!
  • shine166 said:

Is the millenium 4 times the £230 cost of crossbars ?

It was 1k last time I looked
    Where do the club publish the prices for the millenium ?
  • I got one today as well.

I filed it .

It's absolutely ridiculous that the club thinks it can charge £10 a game for a bar that is not used enough.

"Are you Grumpy in disguise.....?"
  • It will be interesting to see what the take up is by the first day of next season. I think it will be higher than the current 200... Perhaps 3-400 which will be a good start considering the "launch"
  • I still cant understand this crossbars ticket. Up until last season, i had two tickets for crossbars which i used every week. This season, i did not renew because i couldnt afford it.
    I was in a position to buy 3 this coming season, even paying for my 10 yr old son, but now the club are telling my that they have improved the crossbars experience by giving me a programme, a free drink and Bob Bolder. In return they have raised the price by an extra £130 per person on top of the price i was already prepared to pay.
    Sorry, by i just cannot see how i am going to get a good deal?