Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Burger you've had?

Comments

• in the days before I became a veggie the two best places for burgers were the Blackheath burger bar, a van that opened late nights next to the tea hut on the heath and sold pineapple cheese burgers (yes, it really worked), and the burger farm in Ladywell. Neither of which are now a going concerns.

Burger bar on Heath still going strong, good hangover cure in the day.

• Wendy's that used to be up oxford street back in the day too.
  • in the days before I became a veggie the two best places for burgers were the Blackheath burger bar, a van that opened late nights next to the tea hut on the heath and sold pineapple cheese burgers (yes, it really worked), and the burger farm in Ladywell. Neither of which are now a going concerns.

God I remember going to that at 3am whilst, ahem, chemically assisted...
  • edited March 2014
    Five guys, Covent Garden. One opening up at bluewater soon I believe. Burger at red dog saloon was good also.
  • Who remembers Huckleberry's in Tottenham Court Road or Wendy's square burgers?
    Funny that one of my most memorable was a BK whopper across the road from the Dominion theatre when I hadn't eaten all day. Suppose it depends how hungry you are ?
  • check this place out http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/website/#

the Devastator - say no more

• Best burgers I ever had were at a place called Hungercure over Seven Kings/Ilford way back in the mid to late 70's.

Hawksmoor's new pork burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Pork burger with pulled pork and crackling, stuffing and apple sauce.

Where is this place???

Hawksmoor's new pork burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Pork burger with pulled pork and crackling, stuffing and apple sauce.

OMG where is this place??

• Sponsored links:

Burger bar on Heath still going strong, good hangover cure in the day.

good to hear, not that I'd visit it these days ;)

OMG where is this place??

Get your own questions ;)

• check this place out http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/website/#

the Devastator - say no more

Their short beef ribs are to die for.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Who remembers Huckleberry's in Tottenham Court Road or Wendy's square burgers?
    Funny that one of my most memorable was a BK whopper across the road from the Dominion theatre when I hadn't eaten all day. Suppose it depends how hungry you are ?

There was a huckleburys in dartford for a while.
  • edited March 2014
    There's a company that are always at Whitstable Oyster Festival, Canterbury Food Fair etc called Old Spot burgers or something, they do a burger called the Metric Tonne burger, it's amazing.

Beef or Pork and Apple burger, with bacon, halloumi, rocket, mango chutney, black pepper, lemon.

There's a place in Fulham I want to try too - 'Big Smoke' BBQ at Elk bar, which has a burger with pulled pork, chorizo, bacon and cheddar.
  • I'm hungry.... This isn't helping.
  • @CrayAddick‌ & @Sidcup_Robin‌ - 4 Hawksmoor's in London. One in Spitalfields, Air Street, Covent Garden and Guildhall.
  • Mcdonalds, woolwich, 1974...no contest...
  • This thread is a bit too meaty for me. For that reason I'm off to eat some quinoa. Laters.
  • Casey Jones or the golden grill
  • Sponsored links:

• Fatburger Las Vegas
  • Gauchos burger and fries are the best. Not something I would regularly have due to the price but I would say it is VFM for the quality.

Where is this place???

Looks like something out of a bad horror film

• Has anyone tried 5 guys - there claim to fame is not having any freezers on site ?
  • Has anyone tried 5 guys - there claim to fame is not having any freezers on site ?

Ask fanny
  • edited March 2014
    Got my first grope of fanny in the Wimpy Bar in Lee Green circa '76. Not a whopper but very satisfying I seem to recall.

***EDIT*** Not OUR Fanny of course... she is a much classier date (allegedly)
  • Dead Hippy - Meatliquor

Five Guys in the UK is shit.
  • Byron smashes it always

You might want to reword your question?
    I found it very saucy.