Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Felt slightly more happened in this first episode than the opener of last season. I also remember it took until about Episode 4 for last season to pick up momentum and we have already had some named character deaths to chew over. All in all a standard opening episode I reckon. I knew that they would not resolve the 'Is Jon Snow coming back' question in the first episode, but surely now either he comes back next episode or the Night's Watch get a hold of his body? Who knows.

Also, I refrained from opening this thread until I had seen the episode. It isn't that hard - if you want to avoid spoilers, don't click on a thread called 'Game of Thrones' until you have caught up on the latest episode!! (ie from around 1am Monday).
  • Options
    I figured the dogs weren't the violent type. Maybe Ramsay has a bunch who just track. He didn't want them ripped up, he had too much torture planned.
  • Options
    Thought it was better than previous opening episodes. Plenty of blood to keep me happy.

The last scene tho....distraught.
  • Options
    That last scene is the would ya of all would ya's

And I bet Mehmet would
  • Options
    That last scene !
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Each story got two scenes each mostly, I hope they don't do that too often as they have to squeeze so much story into too few sequences.

This episode had a lot of setting up to do, so it's a hard one to judge. I did find it quite predictable as a result (particularly Sansa) at least until the end. At which point

• Options
    cfgs said:

POTENTIAL SPOILER from today's episode.

The end of that episode is the most horrific thing in the whole show so far.

Ps where did the dogs and their handlers go that were pursuing Sansa?

Didn't Brienne kill them all?
  • Options
    The dogs were only bloodhounds as opposed to hunting dogs, I imagine the handlers were killed off screen or legged it and the dogs legged it too.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I thought that big guys axe was finally going to do some damage. I quite like that it didn't work out like that.
  • Options
    That ending.. Wow!! I was hoping them bringing Jon back was going to be weird and darker than we thought and it's definitely heading that way! Excellent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nooooooooo bastard !!!
  • Options
    That Sand sister in Dorne who killed the big black guy is very fit.
  • Options

That Sand sister in Dorne who killed the big black guy is very fit.

Fittest one in the whole 6 series I say.
  • Options
    Has there even been a more disappointing character than Areo Hotah? His character descriptor must have been 'be shit and die'.
  • Options

Has there even been a more disappointing character than Areo Hotah? His character descriptor must have been 'be shit and die'.

Wasn't he a proper tough nut in the books too?
  • Options

Don't think they have done such a poor translation of a character. He was bad ass. Think the whole Dorne storyline has been poorly handled, it seems like they are just speeding it along.
  • Options

Don't think they have done such a poor translation of a character. He was bad ass. Think the whole Dorne storyline has been poorly handled, it seems like they are just speeding it along.
    I was hugely gutted they have pretty much scrapped the Dorne stuff. The stories are going to be at a weird pace now

A good first episode
  • Options
    As an aside, who the hell would be next in line now if Tommen died?!
  • Options
    A friend of mine has an interesting theory. The mad Targaryen king was married to Ed Stark's sister (against her will, but still legal). There's a war, the king kills the sister, and is in turn killed. Ed returns home after the wall with a child he says is his bastard. Now he was, from what we're told, an incredibly honourable man, but here he is with a bastard, a bastard who we're never told who the mother is.

So the theory is that Jon Snow is in fact the mad kings heir, and therefore if the red lady does bring him back then it could be argued he is the rightful king of Westeros.

I've tried to pick holes in the theory, but it hangs together pretty well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That theory has been floating around for a solid year or two now
  • Options

The boy Lancel who has a weird tattoo on his swede who was nailing Cersei
  • Options
    Carter said:

The boy Lancel who has a weird tattoo on his swede who was nailing Cersei
    Why? The Lannisters haven't got much of a claim.
  • Options
    Wouldn't the link through the mother (Cersei) being a lannister do it? I've never thought about that before to be honest

Either that or the bastard boy Gendry
  • Options
    Bastards can't be heirs, and the line was through the Baratheons, even though we know Joffrey and Tommen weren't his sons, legally they were his heirs, so after Tommen, with no siblings left and none of the old kings brothers left it would go to some Baratheon cousin I guess.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh yessssss
  • Options
    Hodor
  • Options
    Never in doubt