Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Wasn’t a patch in the first one.
  • Wasn’t a patch in the first one.

You put your finger in on it there.
  • edited November 2018
    April 2019 for the final season. Been rewatching the last season again on Sky and whilst I originally moaned a bit about how it was paced it still blows most other TV shows out the water
  • April 2019 for the final season. Been rewatching the last season again on Sky and whilst I originally moaned a bit about how it was paced it still blows most other TV shows out the water

I have done this the last few seasons, i always find there are bits you kind of forget. There is so much too it and it adds up more knowing the later episodes. Amazing series, some people think it starts slow but it kind of has to. Shame its the last one, i will still probably rewatch it once a year :)
  • I’ve started binge watching from season 1, it’s brilliant how much of the latest season was woven into the story line from the very beginning. Superb show.
  • For those wanting something a little bit different...

Season Three of the Last Kingdom starts on Netflix next Monday

Its like Game of Thrones but set in the same sort of century yet covers the true'ish story of Alfred the Great, how we dealt with the Vikings and how England came to be known by the name it is today (books by Bernard Cornwell)

Season One wasn't bad when it was covered solely by the BBC yet Season Two saw Netflix come on board for what was a joint operation between the two... Season Three though has been passed solely to Netflix and already the actors are saying they've got more licence to make scenes more graphic than they would have been on the BBC

Definitely worth a watch whilst waiting for Game of Thrones next year

I may give this a go. The books are very good
  • edited November 2018
    cabbles said:

For those wanting something a little bit different...

Its like Game of Thrones but set in the same sort of century yet covers the true'ish story of Alfred the Great, how we dealt with the Vikings and how England came to be known by the name it is today (books by Bernard Cornwell)

Season One wasn't bad when it was covered solely by the BBC yet Season Two saw Netflix come on board for what was a joint operation between the two... Season Three though has been passed solely to Netflix and already the actors are saying they've got more licence to make scenes more graphic than they would have been on the BBC

Yeah they've stayed quite true to them, some bits havent been (i.e. all but one of the scenes at sea) yet has been done better than the Sharpe books were for ITV back in the 90s which was only saved by Bean and Postlethwaite

Each series covers two of the books, with the eight (going up to 10 I think) episodes cut between the two so like with Game of Thrones the series is quickly catching up, although cant see Cornwall letting them continue if he's not written it
  • cabbles said:

Let me know, ill follow if good and put in my one to watch :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame it’s only four seconds out of the whole minute but I’m really looking forward to April.
  • edited January 2019
    that trailer also shows how much of a king HBO still are in TV, true detective, veep, game of thrones.. FUCKIN WATCHMEN REMAKE awww yes.
  • that trailer also shows how much of a king HBO still are in TV, true detective, veep, game of thrones.. FUCKIN WATCHMEN REMAKE awww yes.

Not to mention Last Week Tonight, which I effin love.
  • Rizzo said:

that trailer also shows how much of a king HBO still are in TV, true detective, veep, game of thrones.. FUCKIN WATCHMEN REMAKE awww yes.

Apart from the fact that we can’t watch the segments over here that show proceedings in our own parliament - what a bloody law that is!
  • se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

Apart from the fact that we can’t watch the segments over here that show proceedings in our own parliament - what a bloody law that is!
    *cough*Youtube*cough*
  • For those wanting something a little bit different...

Season 1 was a bit dull. It got better in season two. Season three it became very good indeed. Enjoyed it. Liked the books too, I’ve pretty much read all the Cornwell books.
  • TEL said:

Season 1 was a bit dull. It got better in season two. Season three it became very good indeed. Enjoyed it. Liked the books too, I’ve pretty much read all the Cornwell books.
    Was a little bit disappointed by aspects of Season Three... the books almost have a very good subplot around them when not covering the main character and thought it went off on a bit too much of a tangent - David Dawson will be a big miss to the series though
  • Rizzo said:

Silicon Valley is also top notch, standard has dropped a bit since they sacked TJ Miller from the show.
  • TEL said:

Was a little bit disappointed by aspects of Season Three... the books almost have a very good subplot around them when not covering the main character and thought it went off on a bit too much of a tangent - David Dawson will be a big miss to the series though
    I thought the last series was the best so far. Uhtreds accent has gone from being pleasingly subtle to outright stunted and accentuated to the point it could be a speech impediment. Aside from Uhtreds speech I really enjoyed the 3rd series
  • Caught the tail end of battle of the bastards again last night. Got me suitably pumped up for April. I think they’re gonna smash it out the park
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    cabbles said:

Caught the tail end of battle of the bastards again last night. Got me suitably pumped up for April. I think they’re gonna smash it out the park

I watched the whole episode again last night and it was still as brilliant as the first time I saw it.

Roll on April.
  • Rizzo said:

Silicon Valley is also top notch, standard has dropped a bit since they sacked TJ Miller from the show.
    I think they did that just at the right time though, as TJ Miller has gone off the deep end rapidly immediately following that and his reputation is in the toilet. As a result everything is 'former Silicon Valley actor' TJ Miller rather than media outlets criticising the show for continuing to employ him
  • Rizzo said:

I think they did that just at the right time though, as TJ Miller has gone off the deep end rapidly immediately following that and his reputation is in the toilet. As a result everything is 'former Silicon Valley actor' TJ Miller rather than media outlets criticising the show for continuing to employ him
    he was off on the deep end whilst filming the last couple of seasons of SV. IIRC mike judge said it was a lottery which TJ Miller would turn up, if he would turn up at all. Apparently the rest of the cast and crew all fell out with him one by one throughout the course of filming. Massive shame as Erlich never failed to make me laugh, especially his relationship with Xin Jang
  • cabbles said:

Caught the tail end of battle of the bastards again last night. Got me suitably pumped up for April. I think they’re gonna smash it out the park

That and Hardhome were possibly the best bits of TV I've ever seen.
  • that trailer also shows how much of a king HBO still are in TV, true detective, veep, game of thrones.. FUCKIN WATCHMEN REMAKE awww yes.

I’ve seen Watchmen 3 times now and gets better each time.
  • edited January 2019
  • Did Bud Light just die? Is it gone for good?!