Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• cabbles said:

J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?

Had to be blue fire I reckon to burn the ice. Interesting point though
    Absolute zero?
    Good shout - Hopefully they'll explain it because I always wondered how they planned on getting past the wall

Also, I felt that cersei saying she had plotted with Euron greyjoy that he would feign being afraid a little too convenient. It's as if to say they knew how the meeting would pan out. Unless he genuinely was afraid, but cersei talked him round after the meeting. But that don't seem right to me
    Has to be this, how would they know otherwise?
    Because she already knew what was coming, she has a reliable spy in the Danny's camp.
    Varys?
    My money is on Tyrion. There have been little hints at his split loyalties. He wanted Jamie to survive when the dragons attacked the Lanister army, he's been often preaching Danearys to do nothing, he told Cersai that he has never wanted the damage the family, and we saw nothing of the conversation where he supposedly convinced her she should promise her armies to the fight against the white walkers (only to reveal it was a double cross). I think Tyrion may have been secretly feeding information back to her - not directly, and not necessarily to her knowing, but he has been getting information to her. I also have my suspicions it will be revealed that he plotted the armies north double cross with her, off camera, and that for him blood is thicker than water.
  • edited September 2017
    Na, my bet is Varys. The Tyrion stuff is just to sow doubt
  • cabbles said:

J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?

Absolute zero?
    Good shout - Hopefully they'll explain it because I always wondered how they planned on getting past the wall

Also, I felt that cersei saying she had plotted with Euron greyjoy that he would feign being afraid a little too convenient. It's as if to say they knew how the meeting would pan out. Unless he genuinely was afraid, but cersei talked him round after the meeting. But that don't seem right to me
    Because she already knew what was coming, she has a reliable spy in the Danny's camp.
    Varys?
    There has to be a major twist or two to come, could be this one. If he is pro-Lannister then that's going to be a hard sell, especially as he's played a big part in Dany's progression.

Melisandre referred to Varys's death last time we saw her, and Dany said he would get fucked hard by a dragon if he messed about. Maybe he's playing a bigger game and knows his fate.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

cabbles said:

J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Absolute zero?

Varys?
    There has to be a major twist or two to come, could be this one. If he is pro-Lannister then that's going to be a hard sell, especially as he's played a big part in Dany's progression.

Melisandre referred to Varys's death last time we saw her, and Dany said he would get fucked hard by a dragon if he messed about. Maybe he's playing a bigger game and knows his fate.
    I think Varys will meet his fate after he's betrayed by his old friend Tyrion.
  • razil said:

Na, my bet is Varys. The Tyrion stuff is just to sow doubt

And Varys gets his info from Tyrion. Every time he makes a friend they turn out to be a turncoat.

So indirectly it's tyrion, but the leak is varys
  • Varys will die. I think it'll turn out he was doing a littlefinger just in a different way (He doesn't in my opinion want to rule, but does want one definitive ruler - it's not Dany... He wants Tyrion to rule IMO.)
  • Funny if Tyrion was the true heir to the throne somehow
  • razil said:

Funny if Tyrion was the true heir to the throne somehow

Surely the true heir depends on which angle you're looking at it?

Also i think there could be something in the Night King turning living beings into his elites or whatever they're called. (the ones that burst into thousands of pieces)

What if someone major were captured and turned?
  • They might start looking a little paler..

By true heir I meant the first in line to the mad king, Vaerys might even know that info.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

There's a growing theory that the one true king of Westerns is Ed Sheeran. Pay close attention to the song he's singing in the scene with Arya. The first letter of each word, when applied to the Sanskrit alphabet leads to a shocking discovery. More on this later.

No spoilers please, ffs!
  • Yeah someone close this til next year(s)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Varys will die. I think it'll turn out he was doing a littlefinger just in a different way (He doesn't in my opinion want to rule, but does want one definitive ruler - it's not Dany... He wants Tyrion to rule IMO.)

I reckon they'll try and lead that it's Tyrion leaking stuff to Cersei and it's actually him.
  • Holy frigging hand grenades. Just finished episode 7 of season 7. That was epic. And it appears I was last on this thread on page 7 so a shed load of catching up on people's thoughts.
  • edited September 2017
    So (Posting After Reading 50 plus pages ) I finally caught up with all the discussion. Binge watched season 7 as I did with the previous seasons ( can't be waiting a week for each episode so I forget about it until the end of the season ) and overall thoughts are it was stunning. Each season has got better. I have waited until watching the last episode before posting anything on here and hopefully everyone else does the same. If not then in the words of The Hound you really are a dumb c**t so please stop reading now and finish watching the best thing on TV.

My only minor gripe was the scene in the last episode with Theon growing a pair ( metaphorically speaking ) to beat up Tharag ( had to look up his name ) so that he can go back and rescue Yara which felt a bit rushed and clunky. Other than that this series has cracked on beautifully. Some of the posts on here have over thought some of the scenes, particularly picking out the one remark about why not have the Night King just throw a spear at the boys stuck on the rock? Well, seeing as though they could see the King from where they were standing, it would be fairly easy to side step a spear heading their way! The dragon got hit because he was too busy barbecuing the dead. Best line of the series for me is the chat between Jamie and Olenna when she admits to killing Joffrey and summed him up perfectly with "he really was a cunt!". Stand out moment of all the 7 series for me was Hodor's story which had me in bits. Apparently we have to wait a while for series 8 so I am tempted to start watching all 7 seasons again as there is so much I forgot since series 6 ( I don't get the "previously on GoT" reminders ) and I already have the first 2 books downloaded to get through.
  • West world

WHAT THE FUCK it's mental
  • Westworld is fantastic viewing but it isn't charlton life
  • It's absolutely mental what a crazy fkd up place but damn good Anthony Hopkins is immense
  • Apparently the producers have said over the last few days that there will be a few different endings shot so that people cant spoil it
  • Sponsored links:

• It's absolutely mental what a crazy fkd up place but damn good Anthony Hopkins is immense

And it just gets better and better. I thought it started off a wee bit slow.
  • Too late to buy this baby

Is he getting taller?

Started watching GoT at the start of this year and finally got up,to,5 ft. Friggin hell, what a show

• I like her as a writer, enjoyed pretty much everything that she and Mathew Vaughan have done.
  • I like her as a writer, enjoyed pretty much everything that she and Mathew Vaughan have done.
    Kingsman is absolutely brilliant. Shame Kingsman 2 couldn’t live up to it.
    It still had it's moments and was fairly entertaining but I agree.
    It still had it's moments and was fairly entertaining but I agree.
    Yep. Can’t argue with that.