Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Here is how the Bran = Night King theory works.

Bran can "worg" into anyone, past or present. He has worged into Ravens and Hodor and others. But the former Three Eyed Raven (Max Von sydow) said "one can get stuck in the past if not careful."

Next season the White Walkers will begin to wipe out everyone and go from victory to victory.

As things near the end Bran will try to go back to when the Children of the Forest made the first WW. He will become that person who is killed with Dragonglass by the children to warn them not to create the WW. But because his mouth is tied (see original scene) he is unable and gets killed while he is that man being sacrificed. If you look at that vision again you will see Bran and the person being sacrificed are in identical positions and grip vines the exact same way. Like he is experiencing it himself.

That man sacrificed is the Night King.

Which means Bran, who can travel through time, becomes the Night King, in the past. He is also probably many people through time, including "Bran the Builder" who built the wall. Bran is many people, one after another, all in an attempt to stop the WW. And each time failing.

This is why The Night King can sense when Bran is near, either in a dream or as a raven. Because Bran is the Night King. The NK knows this. Bran has yet to discover it.

Also, the Night King touched Bran in one vision and we know that when the NK does this, people (or dragons or anything he wants) becomes a WW. So why didn't Bran? Because he already is one. Once time catches up, he becomes the Night King.

Although another actor plays the NK now, there is no reason they can't shift that easily once the event happens. Bran's body shape and face are almost dead ringers for the NK under all that makeup. They look very much alike. Thin. Triangular face.

Also, the Sydow 3ER did tell Bran cryptically... "You will never walk again, but you will fly." Who is flying the dragon now?

Finally, the one Child of the Forest who created the first WW was asked by Bran after he saw the vision "why did you create them?" Her answer "We were being destroyed and had to defend ourselves." Bran asks "From who?" She answers... "You."

I find the odds of this all happening to be north of 50%. In fact, I think it does happen. They are not keeping Bran around just to have visions. He is going to play a much bigger role, imo.

The Night King can also walk though, so wouldn't that reference fall down at that point?
    Bran can walk during his visions though, and whilst warging into Hodor etc, so would him warging into someone in the past count?
    That's inconsistent though. When referencing the "You will never walk again, but you will fly" line, if being able to walk when warging doesn't count, then surely flying when warging can't count either? Bran can walk and fly when warging, but he can neither walk nor fly in, ahem, real life.

Unless he finds a way to fly in reality by, say, riding one of the live dragons, I can't see how the Bran=Night King holds up.
    But the theory is that he'll be warging into the Night King when it happens?
  • Why doesnt he warg into the Night King and start hitting / attacking himself?

• JiMMy 85 said:

I think "you will fly" relates to warging into ravens and/ or a dragon. And really it meant "forget about your puny human body, you can do all kinds of shit now."

Hmm. I don't think so.
    There have been hints in the dialogue before where the clue is hidden (e.g. Ned saying Jon is his blood, causing us all to assume at the time that he really is his son rather than his nephew), but those hints have never been literally wrong, so they've never needed someone to come on a message board to interpret the words to mean something else.
    If GRRM had meant to say "forget about your puny human body, you can do all kinds of shit now," he wouldn't have said something that is not true like "you'll never walk again". He could have said, for example, that Bran didn't need to walk again. That might have done it.
    All IMHO of course. I'm only a casual watcher, not a student of the show or an expert, so I bow to your superior knowledge.

Bran can "worg" into anyone, past or present. He has worged into Ravens and Hodor and others. But the former Three Eyed Raven (Max Von sydow) said "one can get stuck in the past if not careful."

Next season the White Walkers will begin to wipe out everyone and go from victory to victory.

As things near the end Bran will try to go back to when the Children of the Forest made the first WW. He will become that person who is killed with Dragonglass by the children to warn them not to create the WW. But because his mouth is tied (see original scene) he is unable and gets killed while he is that man being sacrificed. If you look at that vision again you will see Bran and the person being sacrificed are in identical positions and grip vines the exact same way. Like he is experiencing it himself.

Which means Bran, who can travel through time, becomes the Night King, in the past. He is also probably many people through time, including "Bran the Builder" who built the wall. Bran is many people, one after another, all in an attempt to stop the WW. And each time failing.

This is why The Night King can sense when Bran is near, either in a dream or as a raven. Because Bran is the Night King. The NK knows this. Bran has yet to discover it.

Also, the Night King touched Bran in one vision and we know that when the NK does this, people (or dragons or anything he wants) becomes a WW. So why didn't Bran? Because he already is one. Once time catches up, he becomes the Night King.

Although another actor plays the NK now, there is no reason they can't shift that easily once the event happens. Bran's body shape and face are almost dead ringers for the NK under all that makeup. They look very much alike. Thin. Triangular face.

Also, the Sydow 3ER did tell Bran cryptically... "You will never walk again, but you will fly." Who is flying the dragon now?

Finally, the one Child of the Forest who created the first WW was asked by Bran after he saw the vision "why did you create them?" Her answer "We were being destroyed and had to defend ourselves." Bran asks "From who?" She answers... "You."

I find the odds of this all happening to be north of 50%. In fact, I think it does happen. They are not keeping Bran around just to have visions. He is going to play a much bigger role, imo.

The Night King can also walk though, so wouldn't that reference fall down at that point?
    Bran can walk during his visions though, and whilst warging into Hodor etc, so would him warging into someone in the past count?
    That's inconsistent though. When referencing the "You will never walk again, but you will fly" line, if being able to walk when warging doesn't count, then surely flying when warging can't count either? Bran can walk and fly when warging, but he can neither walk nor fly in, ahem, real life.

Unless he finds a way to fly in reality by, say, riding one of the live dragons, I can't see how the Bran=Night King holds up.
    When what happens?

He can fly, he's the 3 eyed raven and can control and see what ravens see. It was made pretty clear throughout the series
  • Is that not worging then?

When what happens?
    When the bloke gets turned into the Night King?
  • One thing I don't think that has ever been touched on is the theory that Aerys (The Mad King) is the real father of Cersei and Jaime. The books had several allusions, particularly the similarities between Cersei and the Mad King. Beyond Cersei's love of incest and wildfire, this has not really been expanded on in the shows and I doubt next season will entertain this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

One thing I don't think that has ever been touched on is the theory that Aerys (The Mad King) is the real father of Cersei and Jaime. The books had several allusions, particularly the similarities between Cersei and the Mad King. Beyond Cersei's love of incest and wildfire, this has not really been expanded on in the shows and I doubt next season will entertain this.

The books allude to the fact that Tyrion is more likely to be a Targ I'd say. C&J have the more dominant Lannister features, the wee man does not.

As for Bran warging into the Night King, he probably couldn't. It's not as simple as taking control of a raven, the person he is controlling can fight it and reject it. Hodor tried to fight it, but just gave up in the end. Someone magical like the Night King would just be like do one cripple.
  • cafcpolo said:

Fiiish said:

One thing I don't think that has ever been touched on is the theory that Aerys (The Mad King) is the real father of Cersei and Jaime. The books had several allusions, particularly the similarities between Cersei and the Mad King. Beyond Cersei's love of incest and wildfire, this has not really been expanded on in the shows and I doubt next season will entertain this.

The books allude to the fact that Tyrion is more likely to be a Targ I'd say. C&J have the more dominant Lannister features, the wee man does not.

As for Bran warging into the Night King, he probably couldn't. It's not as simple as taking control of a raven, the person he is controlling can fight it and reject it. Hodor tried to fight it, but just gave up in the end. Someone magical like the Night King would just be like do one cripple.
    He'd be warging into a normal bloke before that bloke was the Night King though.
  • cafcpolo said:

Fiiish said:

He'd be warging into a normal bloke before that bloke was the Night King though.
    Bran knows that he can't change the past though, therefore warging into the normal bloke before he becomes the Night King wouldn't change anything.
  • cafcpolo said:

cafcpolo said:

Fiiish said:

Bran knows that he can't change the past though, therefore warging into the normal bloke before he becomes the Night King wouldn't change anything.
    But he might try.

I'm not convinced by the theory though, I'll admit.
  • Why did he wait till then to warg into the Night King - Why didnt he just warg into the bloke before he's captured so they can never make him the Night King or go back and speak with the Children of the Forest before they come up with the idea and warn them off it?
  • edited August 2017
    cafcpolo said:

cafcpolo said:

Fiiish said:

I agree, and although I don't buy that theory, they wouldn't have had Ned hear Bran at the Tower of Joy unless it was setting something else up. Although that could perhaps just be related to the Hodor incident.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

cafcpolo said:

cafcpolo said:

Fiiish said:

I agree, and although I don't buy that theory, they wouldn't have had Ned hear Bran at the Tower of Joy unless it was setting something else up. Although that could perhaps just be related to the Hodor incident.
    I think you are right. In the books Bran tries to talk to Ned in a different secene by a godswood but he dismisses it as the wind and Grrm has said the hodor incident will be different to an extent. I think he tried to warg in to hodor while he was in the past and that is what caused the problem, although I am unsure of this. Is he even in past or is he just watching it?

I'm certain the Children of the Forest just meant the first men when they said "you". I think the conflict has been laid out in the books but I can't remeber if it has been explicitly stated that they created the White Walkers or if that was one of the places the TV has jumped ahead.

I find the Bran is the Night's king theory a bit tin foil hat, even for a Game of Thrones thread. Unlike the R + L = J, which was based on good detective work like timelines, this is based on half missed freeze frames and and inconclusive dialogue.
  • Fiiish said:

I mentioned this earlier in this thread and it was ignored :lol:
  • edited August 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused on this Bran theory - if he's already seen what happens to the Night King, why would he warg into him and then be all like "Arrgh, I can't talk, this is such a shock to me! Let me speak! Take off this gag from my mouth that I knew I would have in my mouth when I warged in!"

How do characters travel by boat or land several hundred kilometers in a few hours or a day? How many times has that happened this season? It's a little late to be complaining about logic in this show. It stopped making any kind of logical sense two seasons ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I'm a bit confused on this Bran theory - if he's already seen what happens to the Night King, why would he warg into him and then be all like "Arrgh, I can't talk, this is such a shock to me! Let me speak! Take off this gag from my mouth that I knew I would have in my mouth when I warged in!"

How do characters travel by boat or land several hundred kilometers in a few hours or a day? How many times has that happened this season? It's a little late to be complaining about logic in this show. It stopped making any kind of logical sense two seasons ago.
    This is a new take on things, I'm surprised it's not been mentioned before ;)
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?

Had to be blue fire I reckon to burn the ice. Interesting point though
    Absolute zero?
    Good shout - Hopefully they'll explain it because I always wondered how they planned on getting past the wall

Also, I felt that cersei saying she had plotted with Euron greyjoy that he would feign being afraid a little too convenient. It's as if to say they knew how the meeting would pan out. Unless he genuinely was afraid, but cersei talked him round after the meeting. But that don't seem right to me
    Has to be this, how would they know otherwise?
  • J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?

Absolute zero?
    Good shout - Hopefully they'll explain it because I always wondered how they planned on getting past the wall

Also, I felt that cersei saying she had plotted with Euron greyjoy that he would feign being afraid a little too convenient. It's as if to say they knew how the meeting would pan out. Unless he genuinely was afraid, but cersei talked him round after the meeting. But that don't seem right to me
    Yeah i just felt it was a bit odd how he's all too afraid, but then quite happy to back cersei again
  • "Hey Euron, it's important that when we have this meeting, you find an excuse to storm off. Make it look like we are splitting up."

"Interesting idea. Why?"

"You can go pick up an army. We just need you to take umbrage at something during the meeting. You're a smart guy, if you see a chance take it."

"Will do. There's only one problem - this episode isn't long enough for this scene, the audience won't know about this conversation."

"It's ok, we'll mention it in a scene later on. We can give the audience enough credit to understand that this scene would've happened, plus TV episodes need an element of surprise to be interesting."

"You're giving the audience a lot of credit here."

"Let's see how it pans out..."

Two weeks later...
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Absolute zero?
  • J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Absolute zero?

Because she already knew what was coming, she has a reliable spy in the Danny's camp.
  • J BLOCK said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Absolute zero?

Because she already knew what was coming, she has a reliable spy in the Danny's camp.
    Varys?