Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Personally I think its been excellent so far (It's a new one aside). The pace has been perfect.

My only concern is - What has happened to Bronn??
  • Personally I think its been excellent so far (It's a new one aside). The pace has been perfect.

Or gendry.. which is probably the biggest mystery in the show now that Jon snows parentage has been solved
  • Gendry might be useful for making dragon glass weapons! And for all we know he's camping out under Dragonstone, that's where we last saw him and he couldn't row very well! It would be odd for such a loose end to exist given how loose ends get picked back up again so much. But then again, with the Barratheons all gone he doesn't have as much of a purpose as before.

Bronn doesn't demand screen time without being part of someone else's story, but I reckon he'll be back when Jaime has something else to do.
  • I guess there are a few options for Gendry - maybe he, as King Robert's only true heir (even if he is a bastard) he could end up being king. Maybe he could be the present the new, improved Euron promised to Cerci. Or maybe, now Khalesi and the red witch have hooked up, he'll finally be sacrificed to the Gods.

With his Sand Snake girl being captured will he return to rescue her? She is the most beautiful woman in the world after all.
  • edited July 2017
    cfgs said:

Personally I think its been excellent so far (It's a new one aside). The pace has been perfect.

With his Sand Snake girl being captured will he return to rescue her? She is the most beautiful woman in the world after all.
    I... I don't want to ruin this for you but... I don't think she was captured... EDIT: Maybe Tyene and Ellia were, the others were the ones that got killed off.
  • l
    se9addick said:

I guess there are a few options for Gendry - maybe he, as King Robert's only true heir (even if he is a bastard) he could end up being king. Maybe he could be the present the new, improved Euron promised to Cerci. Or maybe, now Khalesi and the red witch have hooked up, he'll finally be sacrificed to the Gods.

Maybe he'll row past and pick up Theon.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

cfgs said:

Personally I think its been excellent so far (It's a new one aside). The pace has been perfect.

I... I don't want to ruin this for you but... I don't think she was captured... EDIT: Maybe Tyene and Ellia were, the others were the ones that got killed off.
    I think they were captured. But for what purpose? Enjoyment of Euron's lot or Cersei I don't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think you can kinda get a sense of where everyone's storylines are going, especially after all the set ups, but Theon... WTF!? Maybe he'll finally redeem himself by rescuing his sister, but it seems unlikely.
  • edited July 2017
    cfgs said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cfgs said:

I think they were captured. But for what purpose? Enjoyment of Euron's lot or Cersei I don't know.
    Euron will give them to Cersei who now has the woman who murdered her daughter , and her daughter ironically.

I think I'd rather be dead in their shoes, going to be some pretty graphic torture scenes.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I think you can kinda get a sense of where everyone's storylines are going, especially after all the set ups, but Theon... WTF!? Maybe he'll finally redeem himself by rescuing his sister, but it seems unlikely.

I think it was the only way him & his sister would have survived, if he had attempted a rescue her throat would have been slit and Theon skewered. It sets up a heroic rescue later on
  • cfgs said:

Isn't he in Kings Landing?

• Don't think we'll see Bronn until Jaime leaves to fight, as great as he is he isn't really needed in the story at all.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I think you can kinda get a sense of where everyone's storylines are going, especially after all the set ups, but Theon... WTF!? Maybe he'll finally redeem himself by rescuing his sister, but it seems unlikely.

I think it was the only way him & his sister would have survived, if he had attempted a rescue her throat would have been slit and Theon skewered. It sets up a heroic rescue later on
    That's how I felt as he was computing the situation, that was the only smart play - but the maniacal laugh and his sister's reaction certainly gave me the impression that the scene was supposed to show he literally, and figuratively, had no balls. But either way, a rescue (and sacrifice?) to save his sister would redeem him. To be honest, I thought both of them would die as they'd ultimately run out of story.

Also, if I could put money on it, I'd say Jorah will die saving someone. There's added tragedy to sacrifice when the character who is desperately trying to find a way to live accepts death instead.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

cfgs said:

It was Nym and Obara that were killed.

Ellaria and Tyene were captured.
  • Very typical of GOT when the bad side (Cersei) have few allies and are made out to have little chance in the war; then the one ally she does make (Euron) turns out to be a bit of a boss and destroys one of the major attacks on Kings Landing before they get there.

Really enjoyed last night's episode btw. Can see why some would prefer it slower but prefer the fast pace of the show to previous slower series.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I nearly cheered at Jon threatening Littlefinger.

Drove me mad that. Jon violently threatens the bloke well known for being the most conniving, untrustworthy, backstabbing shits in the world and then leaves him alone in his house with his little 'sister' who the bloke just said he was after. All Stark men are basically massive idiots and they deserve everything they get and more
    Luckily Jon is only part Stark and Sansa is easily smart enough to handle herself.
    True. Though Jon is the Starkiest Stark who ever Starked
  • Big_Bob said:

Very typical of GOT when the bad side (Cersei) have few allies and are made out to have little chance in the war; then the one ally she does make (Euron) turns out to be a bit of a boss and destroys one of the major attacks on Kings Landing before they get there.

Really enjoyed last night's episode btw. Can see why some would prefer it slower but prefer the fast pace of the show to previous slower series.

She did need something to swing in her favour though. HAving Euron capture his niece, i forget her name, and ellaria, really helps their cause.

Also, one dragon will now die by the looks of it
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Big_Bob said:

Very typical of GOT when the bad side (Cersei) have few allies and are made out to have little chance in the war; then the one ally she does make (Euron) turns out to be a bit of a boss and destroys one of the major attacks on Kings Landing before they get there.

She did need something to swing in her favour though. HAving Euron capture his niece, i forget her name, and ellaria, really helps their cause.

Also, one dragon will now die by the looks of it
    Yeah that's a classic, almost literal "Chekov's Gun" we just saw (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov's_gun).
  • Started watching this series last night, I'm on episode 2 now. So please no more spoilers. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Started watching this series last night, I'm on episode 2 now. So please no more spoilers. ;)

That's not the rule for this thread mate. If you don't want spoilers don't open it - otherwise you're stopping the vast, vast majority of people from discussing.

Spoiler tags are an option but are finnicky to use, and stifle conversation.
  • Erm...whoosh?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

T.C.E said:

Started watching this series last night, I'm on episode 2 now. So please no more spoilers. ;)

That's not the rule for this thread mate. If you don't want spoilers don't open it - otherwise you're stopping the vast, vast majority of people from discussing.

Spoiler tags are an option but are finnicky to use, and stifle conversation.
    I think he might have had a winky face :)
  • I'll accept the woosh but the winky face emoji means too many things to really make that point clear.
  • wasnt the guy who jumped ships sister was hanging from the front of the boat ? tad late to "save" her ? and wernt the two armies (horsemen and slave) supposed to be on those ships ? if so the dragon lady has lost all her mob ?
  • wasnt the guy who jumped ships sister was hanging from the front of the boat ? tad late to "save" her ? and wernt the two armies (horsemen and slave) supposed to be on those ships ? if so the dragon lady has lost all her mob ?

The ships were safiling to collect the armies of Dorne and Tyrel, the lot from across the sea would then be taken to Casterly Rock.