Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away support in the French second divison

My boss is a big fan of FC Met, who are currently lead the French second divison. They need another 6 points from the next 9 games to be promoted.

So yesterday evening my boss invited me to go along to watch Metz play at home against Brest.

I know that there is a lot of moaning about our away support, but what I saw yesterday was a bit depressing.
There were a total of 2 (two) Brest fans in the away section for yesterdays televised match.
I take my hat off to them as they had a 1.800 km round trip!

Comments

• Options
    Were they wearing a bra ?
  • Options
    Did they look like a pair or tits?
  • Options
    They all live in London , school night , live on telly , not a new ground
  • Options
    Recession, recent performances, family commitments, they will turn up when the team turns up.
  • Options
    Any Pyro ?
  • Options
    Away fan culture is a British (especially Northern) thing.
  • Options
    There were a total of 2 (two) Brest fans in the away section for yesterdays televised match.

Were they singing ?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    C_A_F_C said:

Just been on a Brest forum and one of them is complaining about the other one smoking in the toilet.

They've got a great "whose rack?" on there though...
  • Options

Not completely. Germany has a great away culture and to a lesser extent I'd say Switzerland and Poland too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope they sat in the correct allocated seats.
  • Options
    I heard they got locked in for 1/2 hour after
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's exactly one more fan than Udinese took to Sampdoria.
  • Options

Any Pyro ?

Indeed there was in the Metz home section when they scored.

However, 4 "securitymen" stepped in to the home section and extinguished it.

• Options
    I heard that the 2 away fans were louder than all the Metz fans put together because of the poor acoustics in the home stand ;-)
  • Options

I'm sure I remember an interview with Victoria Beckham (of all people) about watching David when he was playing for Real Madrid and even she said at the time that following a team for away matches out in Spain wasnt really the done thing either (although I think it is different now)

Probably helps with England being so small and you can get from Southampton to Newcastle or Fleetwood to Plymouth within 6-hours (which is just required once a season) but if you look at France and Spain its like it for most games i.e. Brest to Metz is a 9-hr drive whilst Barcelona to Madrid is around 6-hours alone
  • Options
    there was some trouble in this same fixture last season.

after Brest capitulated in the 2nd half after looking comfortable at 0-0 at h/time, when the team coach was leaving, a 2yr old Metz fan in his buggy kissed his shirt badge and baited the Brest players.

one of the players took umbrage (Simone Churchaille) and placed both index fingers to his connecting thumbs thus making two circles. he then placed the circles up to his eyes. the dad of the toddler became enraged and went online and tapped in "Brest Forum". the results were not what he expected and his wife then walked into the room catching him unawares. she was furious and left him taking young Pierre with her.

devastated, the man then found the correct forum and posted about his woes. he also stated that if he ever saw any Brest fans again, he would seek revenge. that is why you have to admire the bravery of that pair of Brest fans who attended the game in the face of such adversity and explains why their numbers were so low.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I was trying to remember which Italian game from last season that was - cheers.

Imagine being the only fan in the away end, crazy!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

hawksmoor said:

That happened at a Brazilian game a year or two before as well. In trying to find a link for that I've discovered PSG took 3 fans to Ajaccio...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/11/where-are-ya-billionaire-owned-psg-take-just-three-fans-to-away-game-with-ajaccio-4258938/

That's shoddy journalism though, it doesn't mention that Ajaccio play on Corsica. That'd be awful if you supported say them, Cagliari on Sardinia, Real Mallorca, etc. You'd have to fly or get a boat everywhere.

I wonder if there are any games where literally no away fans have bothered turning up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Here's the Udinese fan:

imageimage

• Options
    RedPanda said:

se9addick said:

hawksmoor said:

That happened at a Brazilian game a year or two before as well. In trying to find a link for that I've discovered PSG took 3 fans to Ajaccio...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/11/where-are-ya-billionaire-owned-psg-take-just-three-fans-to-away-game-with-ajaccio-4258938/

That's shoddy journalism though, it doesn't mention that Ajaccio play on Corsica. That'd be awful if you supported say them, Cagliari on Sardinia, Real Mallorca, etc. You'd have to fly or get a boat everywhere.

I wonder if there are any games where literally no away fans have bothered turning up.

http://metro.co.uk/2010/09/27/conference-club-histon-take-no-away-fans-to-wrexham-525655/
  • Options
    I was in Lisbon once and happened upon Belenenses at home to Maritimo.

You couldn't criticise Maritimo for having hardly any support - it was a Sunday afternoon, and Madeira's quite a hike from Lisbon.

However, the two home supporters did seem to know each other.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

se9addick said:

hawksmoor said:

http://metro.co.uk/2010/09/27/conference-club-histon-take-no-away-fans-to-wrexham-525655/
    I bet if you go on the Histon Life forum there's about 5000 people claiming they were there.