Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Future Of Chris Powell

Will it be Scenario:

1) He never works within the football circuit again and completely goes off the map. His career and way of making money becomes a mystery... as he's not it the public eye it's no one's business anyway.

2) As a respected man of football and the FA, he goes into full time punditry for a couple of years and even joins the BBC crew in the summer for one of England's world cup games.

3) He gets appointed as manager of a team the equivalent of Port Vale, with the ambition of slowly building them up. (League 1)

4) Orient sack their manager mid season while struggling in the championship and appoint Powell to save them in the 14/15 season. (Can see that one happening for some reason)

5) A team like Blackpool/Ipswich (championship) have a vacancy open for next season and Appoint Powell.

6) He takes up a Plastering training course as an apprentice.

7) Fulham/West Brom/Norwich take a Punt on him, Or at even higher club level.

8) He gets a season ticket in the North upper next season enhancing his Charlton legend status and wearing his old hat. (My favourite)

9) Coaches England youth teams (under 21 or lower)

10) Yoevil/Barnsley show their current manager the door and appoint Powell before we play them at home. It's disgusting and even has Charlton fans Physically throwing up outside Bartrams. When he keeps Barnsley/Yoevil up, we get relegated, Tony Pulis manages abroad leaves Palace, who then approach Powell....oh dear. (I call this one the scenario of death with the symbol of a skull) - extremely unlikely but had to pit it in.

11) Other...You call it...

I personally think (5)

Comments

• You've got the wrong thread AFKA, you want the being drunk one. :-)
  • Not sure that this thread is a helpful one at this time. Its not something I want to think about.
  • vff said:

Not sure that this thread is a helpful one at this time. Its not something I want to think about.

It is a sad realisation. I've been repressing the thought of it, I understand what you mean, it's deep.
  • Powell will achieve great things in football in my opinion.

I hope he does.

Hit a tipping point of feeling slightly cut up about his departure. Unexpectedly.

Maybe this thread is pre-mature.
  • His next job will probably be in the 5 choice mold.

Premier clubs won't take the risk until he has another job in the football league I believe.
  • edited March 2014
    9) Coaches England youth teams (under 21 or lower)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pissed and not.read anything past 1. Sorry Davo.

I love Chris Powell and feel sad that it feels like you need to apologise for saying that. I think he is a great bloke and goes on to great things in football management.
    p
    Anyone who thinks that is sad, well don't really give a fig what they think to be honest

I'm pisses too. I miss him.it's no fun anymore
  • He's the idea guy to work with the England Under 21s instead of Gareth Southgate.
  • 2) As a respected man of football and the FA, he goes into full time punditry for a couple of years and even joins the BBC crew in the summer for one of England's world cup games.

Not sure about that one. He will be looking to ccomplete the final part of his UEFA pro licence in the summer and have little time be a pundit.
  • 4 or 5 or takes QPR to the Prem next season after they fail in playoffs this year.
  • Powell's stock in the football world is very high, I think the next championship job that comes available has his name on it.
  • I'll go for 2 .. I don't think any club will be taking a punt on him as manager for quite a while
  • QPR has his name all over it
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

I know it's not popular but honestly still think he should be our manager whatever division we're in next year....yep I've heard move on!

Actually think Red Robin's 11a will happen.

Keep the faith!
  • He will be back at some point, no doubt.

Could be 10 years, could be less.

Never know in football. All very unpredictable.
  • the ideal situation - Chrissy gets a job within the FA and then 10 years later, after charlton having pushed for the premier league several times, we get a new owner who sacks the current manager and . . . well you know the rest. Powell is appointed and leads us back to where we belong!

The worst situation - chrissy gets appointed with Ipswich and works wonders with them as I believe he can (and has done), and we sorely regret what might have been.

I have to admit, I think it may be the second one.
  • 2). BBC need a decent presenter as MOTD is getting stale.
  • I've got a lot of time for Powell but I personally don't think he'll ever be a successful Premiership manager. Hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it
  • He will have some role within the FA before too long, and after a year or two he will emerge to manage a L1 or Championship side. Just like Mark Robins did in recent years.
  • Croydon said:

I've got a lot of time for Powell but I personally don't think he'll ever be a successful Premiership manager. Hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it

True, the only way he'll likely be a Premiership manager is if he gets a team promoted and even that doesn't gurantee you anything just ask McDermott, Adkins, Mackay etc...

• I was at St George's park last Monday and he was there completing his pro licence. Had a chat and he intimated that he has no plans in the near future but will be looking at what happens with clubs at the end of the season.
    He said he hopes it works out the way the new owners want at charlton but he wasn't convinced it would.
    Overall he was very neutral on what had happened, seemed annoyed at Obika coming in now as he had been trying for a while!
    I think he will be at a championship club at the start of next season and with the right backing he will be a success
  • edited March 2014
    What does someone with 3 years' head coach experience do ?
  • QPR when they mess up the playoffs
    Brings in 22 new players wins the championship with a record points total and gets backed the following year and superhoops become a regular champions league club