Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hillsborough Tribute - Delayed kick offs

Matches will kick-off seven minutes late on 11-14 April as a mark of remembrance for the Hillsborough disaster

We are away at Brighton.

Comments

• Good idea. It also means out injury time winner will be 7 minutes later than usual
  • I assume all games on 11th May will KO at 3.40pm as well then
  • We are at Millwall - will they respect the minutes silence?

I think we all know the answer to that.
  • PL54 said:

I assume all games on 11th May will KO at 3.40pm as well then

Indeed.

Good job Man U don't have a game that weekend, they wouldn't have respected it. They were still singing Hillsborough songs at Liverpool fans last weekend
  • edited March 2014
    PL54 said:

Probably not as it will be the 29th anniversary, maybe on the 30th anniversary?

• PL54 said:

And 29 May next year.
  • PL54 said:

Probably not as it will be the 29th anniversary, maybe on the 30th anniversary?

It didnt happen on the 25th anniversary so doubt it will on the 30th but you never know, I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• No I doubt it too.

Yes I think they will
    They are a jolly nice bunch of chaps
    Just a little misunderstod that's all!!!!!

• Whose idea was that? The concept that the scousers who have kicked up a hell of a fuss should get remembrance while the Bradford victims are just overlooked seems, well, very odd indeed.
    When are we just going to let this stuff go?
    Has anyone worked out when the whole calendar will be just full of remembrance days rather than people getting on with their lives which is, surely, the best way to remember the dead?
  • Charlton's memorial day tomorrow v Burnley

Good job Man U don't have a game that weekend, they wouldn't have respected it. They were still singing Hillsborough songs at Liverpool fans last weekend
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

liverpool are no better.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

liverpool are no better.
    All down to the rivalry - I bet Everton fans sing about Hillsborough too..

liverpool are no better.
    i would doubt that very much.
  • I helped with the bucket collection for Hillsborough on 22/4/89 at Selhurst Park. We were playing Man United. A lot of their fans donated but a significant minority only wanted to complain that there hadn't been a collection for Munich . . . although whether there was, I don't know!

liverpool are no better.
    I would be very surprised if that was the case
  • Sponsored links:

liverpool are no better.
    I would be very surprised if that was the case
    Having thought about that was a silly comment to make as no doubt 99.9% wouldn't even think about using that as an insult.

liverpool are no better.
    I still hear some of our 'fans' singing 'wheels on the bus'. There are mindless idiots at every club including our own.
  • edited March 2014

We are at Millwall - will they respect the minutes silence?

liverpool are no better.
    I still hear some of our 'fans' singing 'wheels on the bus'. There are mindless idiots at every club including our own.
    Maybe I'm being a bit naive but I like to tell myself that at least some of the people singing this aren't aware of the reasons why they shouldn't
  • rina said:

We are at Millwall - will they respect the minutes silence?

liverpool are no better.
    Maybe I'm being a bit naive but I like to tell myself that at least some of the people singing this aren't aware of the reasons why they shouldn't
    Is there history Palace & a bus then I take it?
  • Yes, one of them was run over & killed by a bus after trouble with Man U fans.

Can't remember when, think it was the 70's.
  • I helped with the bucket collection for Hillsborough on 22/4/89 at Selhurst Park. We were playing Man United. A lot of their fans donated but a significant minority only wanted to complain that there hadn't been a collection for Munich . . . although whether there was, I don't know!

I doubt it - different era &all that. You just got on with things
  • Yes, one of them was run over & killed by a bus after trouble with Man U fans.

Can't remember when, think it was the 70's.

Thought it was a bit latter then that, was it not before a FA Cup semi at Villa park?
  • Same season as the Kung Fu Cantona incident I think
  • rananegra said:

cafcfan said:

Whose idea was that? The concept that the scousers who have kicked up a hell of a fuss should get remembrance while the Bradford victims are just overlooked seems, well, very odd indeed.
    When are we just going to let this stuff go?
    Has anyone worked out when the whole calendar will be just full of remembrance days rather than people getting on with their lives which is, surely, the best way to remember the dead?

Bradford led to loads of changes (not all of which people were/are happy about - like all-seater stadiums).

It did not lead to all seater stadiums.

It led to improvements in stadia safety and the treatment of burns victims but not making stadiums all seater.

The fire started in a seated section.
  • PL54 said:

Same season as the Kung Fu Cantona incident I think

sounds about right, mid 90s