Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I miss Wagstaff

Not good enough for the championship and a lightweight was the general argument against him.

That maybe true in some respects but I miss the blokes effort and unexpected high contribution down that right wing.

He would be dis-regarded as not being a naturally great footballer or unable to beat his man in Theo Walcott style to put a cross in from the byline, but...

I'd have him back in this current squad. You knew what you was gana get and more often the not, it was good.

He was Charlton.

Comments

• We could certainly do with him right now.
  • Yup. I would have him back. We should open the old Waggy v Green link for old times sake. Think I know who will win now.
  • You cannot be serious!
  • Essex_Al said:

You cannot be serious!

Do we have a better right winger in our current squad?
  • edited March 2014
    This crossed my mind earlier reading the Danny Green thread funnily enough. Am I right in saying the rumours were we couldn't get rid of Danny Green due to his wage demands, which further meant it was time for Waggy to move on? An awful shame if that's the case.

I went on to Wikipedia to quickly see how he's been doing since he moved to Bristol; as I know they seemed to like him at the beginning of the season... but then I saw nobody had updated his career stats since 2010.

A quick google shows the poor fella is out with a shoulder injury at the moment. Hope he has a speedy recovery, I always enjoyed watching him play - if only for the sheer effort.

He's often, unfortunately, the player I forget we lost over the summer. It's easy to remember Fuller, Haynes and Kerkar - but Wagstaff was quite a loss too really.
  • I thought he was bery underrated. I think it's because I'd watched him since a young age.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Essex_Al said:

You cannot be serious!

Do we have a better right winger in our current squad?
    I'd rather give Koc a chance than bring back the headless chicken, in saying that though, I am still hopeful of a decent loan signing in that role.
  • Powell said to Waggy that he couldn't guarantee him first team football.

He was always one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Would run at players, could shoot, would never shy away from his defensive responsibilities and worke extremely well with Solly down the right hand side.
  • Still alive last time I checked.
  • Times must be bad if you are pining for Wagstaff.

Fact is he blew hot and cold ( mostly cold).
  • Sponsored links:

• Too much back chat to officials
  • Divided fans opinion that's for sure. 2nd to the Great Kishishev.

Hot/cold Charlton 11.

??

?? ?? ?? ??

Wagstaff Kishishev Pritchard ??

?? Lisbie

To be truthful if you thought ALL 4 of them are great players your a bit stubbornly nuts.

• Dave2l said:

Divided fans opinion that's for sure. 2nd to the Great Kishishev.

Hot/cold Charlton 11.

??

?? ?? ?? ??

?? Lisbie

To be truthful if you thought ALL 4 of them are great players your a bit stubbornly nuts.

Illic
    ?? Llera ?? ??
    Waggy Kish Pritch J Thomas
    Leaburn Lisbie

that's my attempt.
  • Rob Elliott

Leaburn
  • Waggy was unfortunate in that his contract expired last summer while Green's had another year, as while neither are dream players, I'd much rather have Waggy in my team than Green
  • Dave2l said:

Divided fans opinion that's for sure. 2nd to the Great Kishishev.

Hot/cold Charlton 11.

??

?? ?? ?? ??

?? Lisbie

Illic
    ?? Llera ?? ??
    Waggy Kish Pritch J Thomas
    Leaburn Lisbie

that's my attempt.
    Halford right back?
  • Fecking Yawn!!!!!

He's gone get over it

Wilsons better anyway
  • Really nice lad Waggy
  • Sponsored links:

• Not one of my favs, but better than Harriott and Green.
  • Defo better than anything we have now. Would of shown loads of fight and guts in the relegation battle.
  • edited March 2014
    Apart from the fact I'm 47, myself and Waggy share some similarities

We would both run ourselves into the ground for this club.

Neither of us are good enough for the Championship.

Granted, he's a damn sight closer than I will ever get, but not up to the standard required means exactly that, no matter what coat it's wearing........................
  • What about the lads coming up through the Academy ? Anyone useful showing themselves ?
  • Waggy is not good enough. That's not to say Green is - god knows he has had enough chances to prove himself now.

I really would love to see an old fashioned winger. Someone with a bit of a trick, pace and crossing ability. I don't really want someone who is brilliant at helping his full back - I want someone that gets you off your seat when he gets the ball. I bit like Harriott but he REALLY needs to slow down a bit and concentrate on his delivery.

They are a bit of a dying breed these days but two excellent wingers has always excited me. I had such high hopes for Rommedahl...
  • Are you Henry in disguise, are you Henry, are you Henry........

TBF good squad player for us
  • He isnt as good as Wilson. Who is only covering for solly remember.
  • Would rather see Nego at RB for a few games and Wilson pushed up to RM personally, but I know what you mean. He scored some crackers and did try hard, harder than Green especially defensively.