Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cricket. who plays? who have you played for?

a couple of people have mentioned on other threads that they play cricket.
i am taking it back up this year, after a 15 year or so gap.
this year i am playing for new eltham lads & dads (playing as shootershillians sunday 2nd XI)
i previously played for

london schools
kent schools
oxleas colts
london borough greenwich

Comments

• Options
    Crap game however,

Southborough Boys (Kingston)
  • Options
    play for works team that's about it... love playing cricket really do.

especially batting
  • Options
    Used to play for Dartford , quite a few years ago now sadly
  • Options
    Bexley U14
    Sidcup (think I played for every one of their 6 sides at some stage, but mostly Saturday 3rds and 4ths, Sunday 1sts and 2nds)
    HSBC Cash Services
    Wilmington

Had a break of about 5 years. HSBC Cash Services was just friendlies and stopped playing for them at 22, started at wilmington 3 years ago, so far we've been promoted twice and relegated once.

Also used to play for Samual Montague (the bank not the boys club) when I was a kid when they were short (so that's at least half the games in a season then) at what is now shooters hillians, my old man was the manager when it was still the bank's ground.
  • Options
    Only took it up a few years back now. Play for Old Pilotonians up at Dartford, North kent college campus (formerly Greenwich University).

Fill in for local club Wateringbury now and then.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Haven't played for many years as not particularly child friendly but used to play for Thames Poly and had a season at Broadstairs.
  • Options
    Used to play for Bexleyheath..
    my old school team (colfes (with Robert Key!!))
    Turned out for the Netaddicks games a few times..
  • Options
    School, and Petts Wood (many moons ago)
  • Options
    st joseph's blackheath
    metrogas
    old shootershillians
    if you're any good you'll be nicked for the league cricket on saturdays PBS!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kidbrooke Park junior School
    Crown Woods School
    The Greyhound, Sydenham
    My Current works team (once a year)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Westerham

Believe it or not we have a cricket team out here in Germany - obviously ex-pats but a mix of Pakistanis, Aussies, Kiwis, the odd South African, Indians, Brits and so on. Actually a decent standard, we have played and beat the Swiss champs a couple of times and a few touring league teams from the UK. It helps that until he left we had a Grade A Aussie league player who played in the same Grade team as Jason Gillespie, Darren Lehman and Craig White and a couple of other league players from the UK and NZ.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ah Cricket! A thread I contribute to seeing as my footbal career only stretched to a couple of curtailed seasons with Barclays Bank.
    Crown Woods School 1st XI Capt 1983
    London Schools 82/3
    Blackheath CC 1980-1997, captained various sides including Kent League 2nd XI in '89.
    I am No.81 in Blackheath's all time list of 1st XI Kent League players.
    Still a member and an Hon. Vice President.
    Gave up serious cricket when the family came along but hope to start again soon. Both my sons now play for junior Balckheath sides.
    Also played for Abbey Wood Teachers XI. Toured British military bases in West Germany with them in '87, '88 and '89.
    Have my own team Elsid Cricket Club. We have toured Somerset, Shropshire and Yorkshire.
    Click on Club History on Blackheath site. My story is the 80's.
    http://www.blackheathcc.com/
  • Options
    Brampton Junior School
    Bexley Schools
    Bexley Grammar School
    Uni of Greenwich
    Kings College London
    Bexley and Greenwich Health Authority
    Queen Mary's Sidcup NHS Trust
    Old Roan CC
    Albany CC
    Queen Mary, University of London

Last played two seasons ago, finished the season with an average of 35. Considering playing again this summer (if the wife-to-be lets me!) If anyone knows any teams looking for players around Bexley / Dartford or Gravesend then give me a shout
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]st joseph's blackheath
    metrogas
    old shootershillians
    if you're any good you'll be nicked for the league cricket on saturdays PBS!

used to play for the bank team midweek and turn out for ugb on a saturday...played at metrogas many a time...always used to enjoy it there, even turning up for the various discos (fck me there's a term that shows your age) they held there...still try and figure out what went where every time i go to the valley via the tube and have to get the bus to the ground...
  • Options
    played for various sides. I played for Kent from under 10-17s as wicket keeper batsman and had south of england trials. Never quite good enough to go any further however. Now play for the Mote 1s in the Kent League
  • Options
    Played now and again for Stone C.C. when they needed me. havent played in about 3 years now though
  • Options
    my mums side, always verses my dad and brother. it didn't have a name. just "the girls"

we weren't very good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my mums side, always verses my dad and brother. it didn't have a name. just "the girls"

we weren't very good.

LMAO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my mums side, always verses my dad and brother. it didn't have a name. just "the girls"

we weren't very good.

I just had to check that wasn't posted by 'SillySausage'. Classic :-)
  • Options
    we also attempted football in the back garden. tho mum didn't partake in that one.

i kicked a paving slap when my dad moved the ball away and jarred my ankle and it hurt to hop back inside. :-(

i'd like to add that both attempts at 'sport' in the sausage back garden, i was about 8 years old.

i'm pretty nifty at rounders!! (which is harder as bat is smaller!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Ah Cricket! A thread I contribute to seeing as my footbal career only stretched to a couple of curtailed seasons with Barclays Bank.
    Crown Woods School 1st XI Capt 1983
    London Schools 82/3
    Blackheath CC 1980-1997, captained various sides including Kent League 2nd XI in '89.
    I am No.81 in Blackheath's all time list of 1st XI Kent League players.
    Still a member and an Hon. Vice President.
    Gave up serious cricket when the family came along but hope to start again soon. Both my sons now play for junior Balckheath sides.
    Also played for Abbey Wood Teachers XI. Toured British military bases in West Germany with them in '87, '88 and '89.
    Have my own team Elsid Cricket Club. We have toured Somerset, Shropshire and Yorkshire.
    Click on Club History on Blackheath site. My story is the 80's.
    http://www.blackheathcc.com/

Interesting read Chirps!

I think I've told you before I know a few of the guys you mention and others mentioned elsewhere on the site particularly the earlier years!

I knew Max Knight from a very young age as I used to play rugby with his old man, Mike, sadly no longer with us. I also played rugby with Simon Haw and Graham Vaughan (player no 25). Graham was on the same course as me at Thames Poly. I also know Chris Winter (player no 29).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Only took it up a few years back now. Play for Old Pilotonians up at Dartford, North kent college campus (formerly Greenwich University).

Or for the really old amongst us (me included) Madam Osterbergs(sp) College
  • Options
    I play for Stone CC....looking at the number of injuries we've got this year WSS - we might need you to put your whites on again !
  • Options
    Who keeps starting these Cricket threads...sink them all I say..! LOL

England Suck....
  • Options
    kent,england.
  • Options
    Bromley Common
    Colfes 2nd XI
  • Options
    Bump.

There are a lot of new members nearly 6 years on!
  • Options
    old colfeians cc for the past 10 years or so, although this season i'm switching to the roan lambethans 2nd xi as part of a deal between the two clubs - it's basically a development team for old colfeians youngsters breaking into adult cricket, with a few competent(ish) adults thrown in to help out/steal their glory. the old colfeians club captain is one of the players swapping, and i enjoy playing alongside him
  • Options

a couple of people have mentioned on other threads that they play cricket.
    i am taking it back up this year, after a 15 year or so gap.
    this year i am playing for new eltham lads & dads (playing as shootershillians sunday 2nd XI)
    i previously played for

london schools
    kent schools
    oxleas colts
    london borough greenwich

Have very fond memories of Old Shootershillians got my first 50 there c1978..played for Catford CC from 1973 ,it eventually became Catford and Cyphers cc ,retired as Chairman last year

As for the game of Cricket itself... if you are parent who wants to get their children involved in a Sport ...choose Cricket above all others!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    used to play for school. that was 8 or so years ago. wasn't that good at it but enjoyed the game.

every year i've told myself i'll join a team. never have though.