Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options
    buckshee said:

Liam album “as you were” out today.

Personally I think it’s the best post Oasis album by the Gallagher brothers.

How could you conclude that on the same day it came out?! Good albums grow on you.

I haven't listened to it yet, but it would have to be very, very good to beat the two albums from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Liam album “as you were” out today.

Personally I think it’s the best post Oasis album by the Gallagher brothers.

Let me guess.. like his single it just sounds like oasis in 1994 just like oasis always sounded like
    Do you not like the Beatles because they sounded like the Beatles or maybe the Prodigy because...well you get the idea.
    Have you picked bands that have a large array of differing songs on purpose?!

Outta space, firestarter.....
  • Options
    Loving Noel's new song. So different from his usual stuff, but is a bloody banging tune.

Really like Wall of Glass by Liam too.
  • Options
    Heard LG's new song yesterday, what a pile of shit
  • Options
    ...imo, both the Gallaghers are a typical case of, shut up, stop singing and let us enjoy our Oasis albums in peace
  • Options

...imo, both the Gallaghers are a typical case of, shut up, stop singing and let us enjoy our Oasis albums in peace

Couldn't agree less.

What either of the brothers decide to do now does not diminish what the band did back then.
  • Options
    Liking the new Liam album and loved 'Wall of glass.

The new Noel song, does sound like he has ripped off the "she bangs, shes bangs" from livin la vida loca. It is a grower though and looking forward to his album coming out.
  • Options
    big fan of oasis but recently liam seems to be trying a bit too hard.
  • Options
    Absolutely loved Oasis right from the beginning, but both their voices grate on me somewhat now. Each to their own though
  • Options
    Never liked Oasis in the first place to be honest. Thought they were massively over-rated (not least by themselves) and Liam is one of the people I'd most like to punch, as he appears to be trying to win Arsehole of the Year, every single year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His twitter in particular is a constant source of embarrassment, whatever about being a rock star and everyones a wanker etc, but the stuff on noel and fake tears and the manchester concert was a bit too far imo, still didnt stop me getting the album and its pretty good i think.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

God forbid anyone in the music industry have a personality anymore. Makes a nice change from the usual blandness of corporate manufactured goody two shoes types you otherwise see in the charts.

I don't object to him having a personality. Does it have to be that one though? If you met someone like him in the pub you'd ignore him, take the piss out of him or end up punching him. Why does he get a special pass for being the (second best) singer in a band?
  • Options
    I am really enjoying Liam's new album. For what it's worth, Wall of glass and Paper Crown are great tracks. Surprisingly impressed after Beady Eye which I thought was massively average.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

God forbid anyone in the music industry have a personality anymore. Makes a nice change from the usual blandness of corporate manufactured goody two shoes types you otherwise see in the charts.

not about having a personality but ripping your brother over "fake tears" after performing at a charity concert was a step too far, liam and noel are hilarious but that particular jibe i thought overstepped the mark.
  • Options
    Liam is a bit obsessed with Noel, he really needs to move on...
  • Options
    robroy said:

Liking the new Liam album and loved 'Wall of glass.

The new Noel song, does sound like he has ripped off the "she bangs, shes bangs" from livin la vida loca. It is a grower though and looking forward to his album coming out.

I thought the same. I also thought it sounded nothing like Noel Gallagher and was not good (only one hearing mind).
  • Options
    Just had a listen to Noels new tune. It's big, whistles, brass and plenty of beach boy "woohoo".
  • Options
    Thought Noel's new song could have been Kasabian.
  • Options

Thought Noel's new song could have been Kasabian.

I would have guessed The Vaccines.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah not sure about Noels song at all. But maybe it'll grow in me. Anyone listened to the album intro. It sound spoke sort of excerts from lots of tracks. If it is then the whole album is fairly different to what you'd expect from Noel.
  • Options
    This thread should be called "Calling all people that want to slag off Oasis" haha
  • Options
    Holy Mountain is one of those songs that if you hear it 2 or 3 times its in your head for the next 3 weeks.

Cant stop bloody whistling.
  • Options
    The first single from Noel's last album, In the Heat Of The Moment, was brilliant. Heard Holy Mountain once and it didn't do anything for me at all unfortunately
  • Options
    I love it, totally different from anything he's done before
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I love Noel's song , people constantly bitch about the Gallaghers music sounding the same all the time but he comes out with something unlike his usual stuff and people still bitch.

I think people saying they're not keen on a new song is hardly bitching. I can't see any bitchy comments.
    Unless your definition of bitching is different to mine.
  • Options
    This will be a great week. Seeing Foos on the previous Saturday and now Liam does this...

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

This will be a great week. Seeing Foos on the previous Saturday and now Liam does this...

This will sell out mainly to touts , we'll be leaving this until the day depending on the weather.