Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options
    A couple of us are thinking about getting tickets for either Berlin or Brussels and having a night or two away.
  • Options
    Got my O2 tickets £80 a pop though!!
  • Options
    Got my tickets for the 02 gig for £63 each.

Always liked Noel. Great songwriter and decent guitarist too.
  • Options
    Some of the Oasis comments are absolutely hilarious. Working class British! Do you ignore other bands like say The Beatles who sold 200 million records in America?

The fact that they didn't break America is because they were simply a band which captured the mood of a country at the time very successfully, lets not rewrite history and claim they are some sort of icons when they aren't even in the top 1,000 most successful bands of all time. Americans do get British music just like we get theirs, lose the superiority complex.

For the record when the Americans think of British music in the 90s, they think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7qGzoGKEB4
  • Options
    Anyone else going to the Noel Gallagher gig at the O2 tonight?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Moi. Not a massive fan but my mrs loves Noel Gallagher so it should keep me in the good books for a while!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yep! Never got round to seeing Oasis, so I'm looking forward to tonight.
  • Options
    Be interesting to hear how it goes. I'll be seeing him at Latitude this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Knocked it out of the park. Has such a huge catalog of songs to pick from - mostly his solo work but if you've heard the two albums then you'll know they are full of great live tunes. Of course, a few Oasis belters thrown in for good measure.

Quote of the night has to be - "Those lot fighting down there must be Northern. All the Southerners are too busy reading the fuckin Guardian".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    cafctom said:

Knocked it out of the park. Has such a huge catalog of songs to pick from - mostly his solo work but if you've heard the two albums then you'll know they are full of great live tunes. Of course, a few Oasis belters thrown in for good measure.

Quote of the night has to be - "Those lot fighting down there must be Northern. All the Southerners are too busy reading the fuckin Guardian".

This, absolute class night! Will defiantly be back at his next tour.
  • Options
    Really enjoying his new album to be fair. Would've gone to his Nottingham gig had it been a bit cheaper.
  • Options
    Calling all Oasis fans: "IT'S NO LONGER 1993"
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Funny enough the year that Oasis played Finsbury park one of our mates from Chester was doing just that.....reading the Guardian that is.

We've got tickets for the Clapham thing and are also going to the Governers ball thing in New York to see him. Have also found out he's playing Phillie when we are there so may do that.
  • Options
    what Oasis tracks did he play?
  • Options

How far back are we allowed to go in what we listen to then TF? Just so I know which records/CDs in my collection I should throw out because they are no longer relevant... :wink:
  • Options
    eltham

Fade away
    Masterplan
    Don't look back in anger
    Champagne supernova
    Digsy s dinner

Cracking gig

• Options
    Fantastic gig.

It's my Birthday today, but it felt like last night!
  • Options

Noel Gallagher is number one in the UK album charts. Just saying.

• Options
    Sounds brilliant, can't wait for Latitude now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent second album from him. Not going, thought it was a bit of a rip-off ticket wise and I think the O2 is a sh!te venue. I'd much rather see him somewhere like Brixton or Shepherd's Bush but that's not going to happen. Seen Oasis a few times though so not overly bothered.
  • Options

Not sure what that has to do with it. Oasis didn't release anything until 1994.
  • Options
    Noel to play a secret intimate gig in south east London. My money's on the Rivoli in Crofton Park.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Noel to play a secret intimate gig in south east London. My money's on the Rivoli in Crofton Park.

That would be pretty high up on my list of a perfect combination of music and venue...
  • Options
    White stripes played there when I lived round the corner. Would love to go to this one.
  • Options
    I stumbled across a documentary on I player this morning, says first aired 30/9.

Anyway if you're a fan, I thought it was good. 30 mins long.
  • Options

Sorry, tied up at the Simple Minds 35 year gig here in Prague:-) looks like half of Glasgow came with them :-(

saw them at the o2 few months back, really good gig and good new members of the band, particular the women on guitar.
  • Options
    "supersonic" any good?

Canada has refused me 2 great sounding films that if I was back home, I'd watch in a heartbeat.

Life on the road

Supersonic

both happen to follow a common narrative about touring
  • Options
    You can watch it online mate. PM if you want the link. Not seen it yet but heard great things.

Still waiting for this reunion, Liam's voice has gone though.