Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WI v England 1st ODI Antigua

WI 19-1 7 overs

Powell C Jordan B Root (wanky hair cut) 5

England won toss & chose to bowl

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder - I forgot all about it. That's my afternoon sorted.
  • 136 - 4 when were 43-4. Another good start wasted.
  • Anyone notice the St Georges flag with 'BEXLEY' in middle and Charlton emblem in top left corner about third man boundary to left hander?
  • WI 269-6 after 50. 115 off the last 10. Carnage. Bizarre captaincy from Broad - no offside sweeper, several boundaries through there.
  • 85 from last 5 overs...
  • England 62-0 off 11
  • Ali looks good .. have we discovered a l/handed Amla ? .. let's hope so
  • Ali looks good .. have we discovered a l/handed Amla ? .. let's hope so

Ha, my thought too !!
  • edited February 2014
    Curtley Ambrose, Richie Richardson and Andy Roberts all underwent their official 'knighting ceremonies' (investiture ?) today. So far (Sir) Ian Botham has interviewed Richardson and Ambrose .. they are both SOOOOO VERY proud of the honour .. it is wonderful to see it
  • pathetic finish
  • Sponsored links:

• How did we lose that? Truly awful.
  • edited February 2014
    Luke Wright looks clueless with the bat again & Joe Root scores too slowly.

His slow scoring puts too much pressure on the later batsmen.

I'd keep him in the Test team, but for me he's not a one day batsman. He often struggles to hit a boundary, as he lacks power.

Ok, Stokes & Buttler failed, but they don't as ofetn as the first two.

Lumb & Ali played very well.
  • dickplumb said:

How did we lose that? Truly awful.

Ashley Giles.
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014

Luke Wright looks clueless with the bat again & Joe Root scores too slowly.

His slow scoring puts too much pressure on the later batsmen.

I'd keep him in the Test team, but for me he's not a one day batsman. He often struggles to hit a boundary, as he lacks power.

Ok, Stokes & Buttler failed, but they don't as ofetn as the first two.

Lumb & Ali played very well.

• England did well in 2nd ODI - WI all out 156 - Stephen Parry took 3 wickets.
  • 159, prez. :-)

Not sure why they're making such a song and dance about the Bravo dismissal. We've all seen far worse decisions than that, (and I'm not convinced he got it wrong anyway), and although some would give it not out, you can see why the third ump gave it out.

Having said that, this is another instance where, as I've suggested before, if the on-field ump is unsure, he should make a decision one way or the other and then request a video decision - the third ump should then have to prove him wrong to overturn it. There'd be no argument then.
    Not sure in this case whether the ump's instinct was in or out, so not sure how it would have turned out, but "controversy" would've been removed.
  • Ha. The W Indies did an England.145-4, to 159 AO. (Or something like that).
  • Root and Lumb looking quite solid...atm.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
    89-5 - but dont worry lads, Bopara is in . !
  • 89-6 - its ok, Bopara is still in . !
  • Why the hell did Stokes walk? The umpire said not out!!!!!
  • As Jake Bugg says, "I've seen it all".

Stokes appears to miss the ball. The umpire shakes his head & says not out. Stokes walks off !

I see Giles hasn't quite got that Lehmann fighting spirit instilled quite yet.

Perhaps, we've backed The W Indies to win ?

It looks like we really are determined to lose this game & the series. Quite bizarre.
  • It is a bit painful watching England of late - they seem to be able to turn the most promising of positions into defeats
  • Embarrassing batting display from England. Every time I see England I think they can't get any worse, then they do.
  • It's all in the head. Even when Narine doesn't turn it our batsmen are bamboozled.
  • Mentally shot after Australia.
  • perhaps KP needs to be out there...........
  • perhaps KP needs to be out there...........

Yes it is madness to lose your best player.......oh...erm....I'll get my coat!