Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Sheffield Utd plans (8th & 9th March)

Comments

• Oooo I had two trips to Borocay back in the late 90's. I think it's changed a bit since then tho.
  • This is going to be like the trip to Bristol City with all the cars coaches and badges on the Motorway. Anyone remember the services with that "blind" bloke on the squeeze box playing Mull of Kyntyre? He couldn't believe his ears - or his eyes when he saw all the coins flying into his hat!
  • @thaimalaysiaaddick ~ gotta be a stream

check out the pptv thread
  • edited March 2014
    PL54 said:

It's a bit complicated.

Saturday:

1100 Train to Brighton for mate's stag do
    1200 Pub
    1500 Brighton vs Reading @ The Amex
    1900 Comedy club in Brighton
    2100 Curry in Brighton
    2230 Hmmmm

Sunday:

0530 Train from Brighton to Crawley
    0600 On Walshie's fun bus

Monday:

Pain

Hope springs eternal, best of luck with that schedule :-0
  • PL54 said:

It's a bit complicated.

Saturday:

1200 Pub
    2100 Curry in Brighton
    2230 Hmmmm

Sunday:

Monday:

Pain

Went clubbing and had a heavy night before Walsall away back end of the shit league 1 season and got the coach in the morning. It was worst day ever. Horrible day on the coach

Good luck
  • Curb_It said:

Oooo I had two trips to Borocay back in the late 90's. I think it's changed a bit since then tho.

I'll ask around and see if anyone remembers you

• @thaimalaysiaaddick ~ gotta be a stream

check out the pptv thread

Thanks, Siv. I've just remembered that it is a Sunday game so I will be back in Manila by Sunday evening. I know a bar in Makati that shows footy.
  • Driving to Peterborough Saturday, Northern Soul Do in Nottingham in the evening then lift to Sheffield Sunday morning.
  • Sheff Utd plans!? Stuff that, I have just booked my Wembley hotel for 12th April! Sheff Utd - Kenwood Hall Hotel on the Saturday night.
  • PL54 said:

It's a bit complicated.

Saturday:

1200 Pub
    2100 Curry in Brighton
    2230 Hmmmm

Sunday:

1200 sleep on bus
    1400 wake up

Pain

• Sponsored links:

• Wake up 10:30 , taxi or a nice stroll to Bramall lane at 11:00, then hopefully a few celebratory beers afterwards. One of the few times I'm grateful of living in Sheffield.
  • edited March 2014
    anyone going to The Leadmill on the Saturday night for Sonic - Dusty Springfield special??
  • Drive to Derby Friday. Breakfast at Junction 26 (highly recommended!). Hotel in Derby (Smart Aston, opposite stn). Derby v Millwall Sat p.m.. Need more of us to support The Rams. Leisurely breakfast Sun a.m. Stroll across road for 1020 train. Back to Derby and drive home Monday - very relaxed.
  • edited March 2014
    Will probably stay with Ms Lat on the Saturday night at her lovely home in Mosborough and then take the 8 mile tram journey to Sheffield on the Sunday morning lovely!
  • I will be on the beautiful island of Boracay in the Philippines. I love the Philippines but it is the one country in SE Asia that doesn't care about English football - they do all the crap American sports. I will be following everything closely on www.charltonlife.com with a beer in hand!

Let me know what's it's like, I've always fancied a trip over there.
  • Train up on Saturday, visit to Theatre, no alchol
  • Drive up from Chelmsford, with my two Daughters. After the game drive back via the daughters universities (Oxford and Twickenham) and get an hotel west of London as I need to be in Bath on the Monday afternoon. Just under 400 miles in the day. About the same distance as it is to Glasgow, or Dortmund according to google maps!
  • Friday
    Driving Cheshire to Edinburgh - several gallons of Guiness - late night

Saturday
    Up early for a large breakfast - several gallons of Guiness - Scotland v France - no more Guiness and early'ish night

Sunday
    Up very early and on the road to Sheffield by 5am - NO Guiness - Charlton victory - drive (limp) back to Cheshire

Monday
    Back at work to recover before Cheltenham!!
  • Saturday

14.26 St Pancras - Sheffield, drop bags off at the Jury's Inn hotel, find a pub for Tottenham game, back to the hotel for a SSS, change of clothes, night out in Sheffield

Sunday

Whetherspoons Breakfast, Game, Pub, Coach back at 5pm.

So glad I've booked Monday off!
  • Drive up midday Saturday, boozer for the scores followed by the Chelsea Spurs game, back to Jury's Inn, tarted up and OUT OUT for the evening.

Sunday, Fry up, stomach a couple of beers whilst hanging then Brammal Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Drive up midday Saturday, boozer for the scores followed by the Chelsea Spurs game, back to Jury's Inn, tarted up and OUT OUT for the evening.

Sounds like so many of us have exactly the same plan! This is going to be some Charlton party on Saturday night!
  • Driving up from exeter in the morning, and back in the afternoon...

Couldnt have funded it really if tickets hadnt been so cheap, great stuff :-)
  • For those people who intend to catch of game of the 6 nations, the following fixtures are on this weekend...

Saturday
    Ireland v Italy 14.30
    Scotland v France 17.00

Sunday
    England v Wales 15.00

I hope to be able to watch the Scotland game in the Hotel in Sheffield, not sure what to do re the England game, whether to listen on the radio on the way back, or watch it about 1 hour south of Sheffield looks like Long Eaton ? - anybody know any decent boozas around there that will be showing it?
    Any advice on decent Curry in Sheffield?
  • edited March 2014

For those people who intend to catch of game of the 6 nations, the following fixtures are on this weekend...

Saturday
    Ireland v Italy 14.30
    Scotland v France 17.00

Sunday
    England v Wales 15.00

I hope to be able to watch the Scotland game in the Hotel in Sheffield, not sure what to do re the England game, whether to listen on the radio on the way back, or watch it about 1 hour south of Sheffield looks like Long Eaton ? - anybody know any decent boozas around there that will be showing it?

On the Curry front, Tripadvisor has these 4 in the top 10 restaurants in Sheffield....

Viraaj
    Mirpuri Dhera
    Kashmiri Aroma
    Chutney

Anyone been to any of them?
  • For those people who intend to catch of game of the 6 nations, the following fixtures are on this weekend...

Saturday
    Ireland v Italy 14.30
    Scotland v France 17.00

Sunday
    England v Wales 15.00

The Saturday games look like non events, straightforward wins for the away sides.

As far as curry in Sheffield is concerned go for a Thai instead.
  • Driving up to Preston on Saturday with my son to pick up my other son and grandson, then driving down to Sheffield on Sunday morning.
  • edited March 2014

Drive up midday Saturday, boozer for the scores followed by the Chelsea Spurs game, back to Jury's Inn, tarted up and OUT OUT for the evening.

Sounds like so many of us have exactly the same plan! This is going to be some Charlton party on Saturday night!
    I watched football in the Old Monk which has screens all round the place showing different games plus sky sports news. Bit of a big old place. Shef red might be able to recommend somewhere nicer but it does show everything.

https://m.facebook.com/oldmonksheff?id=532039370160683&refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/oldmonksheff
  • Curb_It said:

Drive up midday Saturday, boozer for the scores followed by the Chelsea Spurs game, back to Jury's Inn, tarted up and OUT OUT for the evening.

I watched football in the Old Monk which has screens all round the place showing different games plus sky sports news. Bit of a big old place. Shef red might be able to recommend somewhere nicer but it does show everything.

https://m.facebook.com/oldmonksheff?id=532039370160683&refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/oldmonksheff
    The big pubs on West street will show sport. As will the sports bar on Division Street (parallel to West Street). Three pubs at the town end of Ecclesall Road will also show sport.

• adsads
    edited March 2014
    The common room on division street is one of the better places to watch games, as for curry, the ashoka on ecclesall road is one of the better ones, or urban cholla on London road,near bramall lane