Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield @ home (ed. NOW WEDNESDAY 12th MARCH)

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Huddersfield at home scheduled for 11th March - now only 2 days after the Quarter Final.

Will it be moved to give players an extra day's recovery (as UEFA matches), perhaps to the following day?

Comments

• Options
    Good point - I'd hope it could be moved 24 hours, given the importance of the league match and the level of physical and emotional energy likely to be expended in the Quarter Final.
  • Options
    I heard that we've asked and that Huddersfield are reluctant to change to the Wednesday
  • Options

I heard that we've asked and that Huddersfield are reluctant to change to the Wednesday

Not surprised

• Options
    it will probably be left to the FL to decide
  • Options

it will probably be left to the FL to decide

tuesday it is then ;-(

• Options
    and if its moved to Wednesday wont it be one day less to recover for our trip to the toolbox
  • Options
    The game is now scheduled for Wednesday 12th
  • Options

We shouldn't have to ask. It's the FA who gave us a sunday game therefore the FA should automatically tell the league to move our game to wednesday.
  • Options
    Game changed to Wednesday. Confirmed on twitter
  • Options
    Blinding

Attend a course tuesday night so either me or the mrs can now attend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huddersfield Town must hate us.
  • Options
    Us playing hudders at home. Is this a wind up?!
  • Options
    Fookin great. We're at Cheltenham on the Wednesday :-(
  • Options
    Same with me. Will be there all week as always so couldn't have made the Tuesday either.
  • Options
    Nice one, I would have been working out of london on the Tuesday and was resigned to missing the match.
  • Options
    F.A in common sense approach shock!! Great news.

What did it matter to Huddersfield anyway?
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Same with me. Will be there all week as always so couldn't have made the Tuesday either.

And me - well Tuesday and Wednesday anyway.

• Options
    Hmm, can't make Sheffield and this was going to be my next match, but can't do the Wednesday :(
    Have to wait a bit longer for that QPR feeling :)
  • Options
    Rubbish decision I purposely put off a holiday booking until the Wednesday and have still been shafted. That's about 6 or 7 home games I have missed for one reason and another this season. Might give the season ticket a miss next year...........then again maybe not :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Rubbish decision I purposely put off a holiday booking until the Wednesday and have still been shafted. That's about 6 or 7 home games I have missed for one reason and another this season. Might give the season ticket a miss next year...........then again maybe not :0)

Don't give up your season ticket mate, you'll need it to get ticket priority for our Europa League quarter final against Man U.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh FFS!! Reluctantly agreed to a client invite to a black tie event (I hate ties, let alone freakin' bow ties) on the Wednesday, happy in the knowledge I wouldn't miss a game!!!

Bloody FA Cup runs! What are Charlton playing at???????
  • Options
    Sorry...forgot the winky/smiley thing ;-) but still hacked off that I could have had an excuse to hand! :(
  • Options

I'd imagine it doesn't matter one jot to Town, it us poor sods that have booked advance train tickets that it effects.
    It's a sign of the time that TV rules football I suppose, no evening game on TV that Saturday on ITV or BT sports but yet they move your quarter final to Sunday lunch time when their is already 2 other live games that Sunday. It makes it impossible for you chaps to get there by train before kick off which is bad enough, then as knock on our game gets moved and more fans suffer...not just us away fans but I'm sure a few Charlton fans who live further away.

TV 1 Fans 0
  • Options
    feel sorry for you pal if you've already booked trains :-(
  • Options

I'd imagine it doesn't matter one jot to Town, it us poor sods that have booked advance train tickets that it effects.
    It's a sign of the time that TV rules football I suppose, no evening game on TV that Saturday on ITV or BT sports but yet they move your quarter final to Sunday lunch time when their is already 2 other live games that Sunday. It makes it impossible for you chaps to get there by train before kick off which is bad enough, then as knock on our game gets moved and more fans suffer...not just us away fans but I'm sure a few Charlton fans who live further away.

TV 1 Fans 0
    Fair dos pal. Yes you're right if travel and everything else has already been planned. I think a lot of us would have preferred Sheffield on the Saturday at 3.00 and forgo the TV money. But as you said its now become a TV show with the football as a secondary issue rather than the other way round.
  • Options

Blinding

Attend a course tuesday night so either me or the mrs can now attend

Also at Uni on Tuesday nights, so this is great stuff for me. Obviously not so good for others.
    Wakeyterrier - if you're still coming down you are welcome to join me at the Institute of Education for a seminar on HR.
  • Options
    This is not good for me as it was going to be my last home game before I move. Glad the lads get another day between games, but wouldn't have been necessary if the cup game was on the Saturday; moan, moan. Am v disappointed
  • Options
    I managed to amend my train tickets but at a cost of a further £22 so I'll still be coming to the game on the Wednesday.
    Just down right frustrating, I'm slowly but surely falling out of love with football and the way it's run these days
  • Options

I managed to amend my train tickets but at a cost of a further £22 so I'll still be coming to the game on the Wednesday.
    Just down right frustrating, I'm slowly but surely falling out of love with football and the way it's run these days

Just read 'Downatthemac' website and it seems a lot of your fans have been put out of pocket, which is very harsh.

Then you've got nathan (lamby) giving them grief. that kid really is a tool.
  • Options
    Christ, just read that if the game with Sheffield United is a draw then the replay will be on Monday 17th, which would mean the Bournemouth game is pushed back an extra day to the Wednesday.

That would be 3 games in 5 days with Millwall on 15th / 5 in 11 days if you include the scheduled Sheffield game and Hudds on top.