Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moyes sacked (ed not) (oh yes he is)

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Klopp will never leave Dortmund and Blanc just signed a new deal at PSG.

Tottenham and Man Utd will fight over Van Gaal.

Fight?

Not much of a fight that. Levy will offer him less money and the guarantee he'll sell his best performing player at the end of each season!
    Van Gaal would be mad to take the Spurs job.

Thing is though, Van Gaal is very much the short-term solution. Both teams should be looking long-term really. He's 62 and a journeyman. He'd give both clubs a couple of decent seasons then he'd probably move on again.

If you're looking for a short term solution then who better? After he came in, Barca and Bayern both evolved into two of the most impressive clubs in world football, even having changed head coaches several times since.
    I agree. Spurs need some direction and he would be perfect. However, when Man Utd come calling, there's not much you can do tbh. I can see him going there.
  • Options
    A sneaky tenner on De Boer
  • Options
    Has Pardew ruled himself out of the running?
  • Options
    One bookmaker had Pardew 100/1.

Alan Pardew. Alan F*cking Pardew.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Has Pardew ruled himself out of the running?

I believe pardew has called a press conference on his position and where he stands in the regards to the United vacancy.

The whole world awaits in anticipation...in alans head.

• Options
    IAgree said:

In what Universe and on what planet is Man U's sacking their Manager so important that the BBC news should start with it as the main story??!!

Have you noticed that since the BBC moved to Salford, both Manchester and Salford get a disproportionate amount of news coverage? The very thing that northerners used to accuse the BBC of being too London-centric when it was based down here.
  • Options
    The bbc are w@nkers.
    Ever try and get info on the Championship.
    After fighting the premiership biased website to get football league stuff up, the site constantly tries to take you back to the premiership. Total b@llocks.
  • Options
    Shame that managers are not given time in the modern game. Still, I guess they get used to it.
  • Options

There are some crazy names on that list... i.e. Tim Sherwood, Nigel Clough, Roy Keane etc... rather than Alan Curbishley?

Paul Lambert?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now he's gone, got to feel sorry for Moyes.
    Was strange how he came in with no real plan to freshen up the squad. If that was his fault then a valid sacking, but I feel there is something wrong at the club.
    A brave man needed for this job.

He wasn't backed in the right way. Had David Gill still been there he would have got his targets rather than buying Fellaini in a panic buy on deadline day.
    They had Thiago and Garay all lined up for him, it was Moyes who decided to go for Fabregas all summer instead.
  • Options
    I seem to remember Man Utd fans on 606 saying that sacking the manager was 'not the United way' and that they get behind their man and give him time etc.

So much for that then. I think they'd forgotten what it's like to lose.
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2610713/David-Moyes-openly-sneered-sniggered-Manchester-United-stars.html

I know it's from the Mail, but makes me feel so sorry for Moyes. Seems like the players were happy to chuck him under a bus knowing they'd get away scot-free.
  • Options
    Big ask for Giggs.

I'm pretty sure he'll be able to manage team affairs.

And will be able to handle the media, with a little help of a super-injunction.
  • Options
    Whilst it is impossible not to have sympathy with David Moyes, you can also understand why he got sacked and had lost the trust of the board of directors.

For a club like United to go from 1st to 7th in one season, losing 33% of their games in the process is unforgivable.

Add in getting dicked at home 3-0 in successive weeks by City and the Scousers, along with the car crash that is the $27.5M Fellaini and his position was untenable.

He looked overawed from the start and his tendency to talk down his team, and even call them 'underdogs', was probably a step too far for even the most supportive of United fans.
  • Options
    The most regrettable thing about this is that no British Manager will ever be given a chance at a top club now.

If moyes had done well along with Rogers at Liverpool we may have seen Big clubs take a chance, this will put back british managers getting the good jobs.

Look who are the favorites for the job all rehash managers that don't stick around long and all foreign.

I didn't think Moyes should have got the job as his style of football would never suit manure.
  • Options
    Take your point, although as you say Rogers has rather muddied the waters on that debate, as not only has his excellent coaching improved several young players, he ha also advanced experience pro's like Suarez - who has improved by around 30% in his all round out-put for the team.

I actually think that Utd would have cut him some slack if they had finished 4th, and shown signs of development, but anyone who knows football watching the Olympiakos away games, knew that that was a team in serious trouble.

I think you summarise it perfectly when you say that he should never have been given the job - far too much for someone with no pedigree at the highest levels of the game.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Big ask for Giggs.

I'm pretty sure he'll be able to manage team affairs.

And will be able to handle the media, with a little help of a super-injunction.

Very Big. Not known as the great communicator is he? How will he get his ideas (if he has any) across to this disparate group of different nationalities? Never mind dealing with the media!
  • Options
    They spoke to Micky Mellon on the radio this morning as he has been doing his UEFA Pro coaching badges alongside Giggs. Other names on the course include Paul Ince and a certain Chris Powell...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Klopp will never leave Dortmund and Blanc just signed a new deal at PSG.

Tottenham and Man Utd will fight over Van Gaal.

Thing is though, Van Gaal is very much the short-term solution. Both teams should be looking long-term really. He's 62 and a journeyman. He'd give both clubs a couple of decent seasons then he'd probably move on again.

If i was United, i'd be perfectly happy with van Gaal for a couple of seasons. Read some rumours that they might look to take him for a couple of years until Guardiola is ready to leave Bayern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I recall Ferguson bringing United teams to London (Selhurst Pk) to get beaten by Charlton a few times. He wasn't immediately successful. Moyes didn't get all the players he wanted in, Man Utd over achieved last year and Moyes is a good enough manager. I'm sure with their resources and backing he would come good given time. I can't believe their value has risen by £100m on sacking him. Says what a joke the whole system is really. With the World Cup this year, you really need a manager in place now making the key decisions on what to do in the summer. Their value should have fallen. Crazy really.
  • Options
    The performance against Everton was as inept and tactically naive performance you will see

The possession from goalie too opposition goal mouth was as pointless as Simon Francis in a red cafc shirt

Moyes took a job so many leagues above his head

It was conciepted of fergie to announce he knew who was to be the new boss

And naive of Man U to let him
  • Options
    The problem for whoever gets the job now is the smell of all the old boys hanging around. Giggs, Neville et al on the coaching staff and Sir Fergie in the boardroom all looking the new man up and down and judging him every day. The new manager will have the fans and the media to do all of that. If any manager gets offered the role he should insist on bringing in all his own coaching staff and ridding the training ground of the purple nose era as much as possible.
  • Options
    All Moyes had to do was keep fergies back room staff for a while and learn how to be the manager of Man U before he got rid
  • Options
    Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 2m
    Jamie Redknapp: "Ryan Giggs has only had 2 or 3 days to work with these players..." He really said that.
  • Options
    I was hoping the first question at his press conference yesterday was:
    "Ryan, can you tell us what your Brother thinks about all this ?".
  • Options
    Anyone could've beaten that Norwich team today, very poor.
  • Options
    And again (technically his contract wasn't renewed).

He's now been let go by Manchester United, Real Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham, and still has a year of his original 6 year contract at United left.