Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Moyes sacked (ed not) (oh yes he is)

Comments

• Iain Dowie likes working up north doesn't he?
    I expect he's re-naming his powerpoint presentation right now.
    "Reimposing the Red Devils" would be my suggestion.
  • Fellaini cost 27m lol the most over rated player this season along with 300k a week Roo

Can he be overrated if no one rates him? He's a good player but just doesn't fit United's style.
  • Curbishley is 100/1
  • Fellaini cost 27m lol the most over rated player this season along with 300k a week Roo

Along with Mata, all three play similar roles (although Mata won't track back) so they haven't added to the XI, just square pegs in round holes.

• Damn was beaten to it with the Michael Appleton photo :(... Your guaranteed a few lol's for your profile with that photo
  • Laurent Blanc or Guus Hiddink for the role
  • cafcfan said:

Iain Dowie likes working up north doesn't he?
    I expect he's re-naming his powerpoint presentation right now.
    "Reimposing the Red Devils" would be my suggestion.

I think good old Iain's managed enough clubs now for most people to know that the only realistic Powerpoint titles would be:

Relegating the Red Devils
    Mutilating the Mancunians
    Disgusting the Glazers
  • Klopp will never leave Dortmund and Blanc just signed a new deal at PSG.

Tottenham and Man Utd will fight over Van Gaal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit surprised, but entirely logical. When Moyes signed Juan Mata, I said to a Man Utd supporting colleague of mine that the chances of him being sacked had gone up markedly. It's not that I don't rate Mata, or Fellaini for that matter, but if you spend that kind of money the players you buy simply have to fit your system and add clear value. No doubt the Glaziers concluded they'd need to spend a lot of money this summer and simply didn't trust Moyes with it.

Roberto Martinez's success at Everton won't have helped Moyes either. The suggestion that Moyes had outperformed at Everton on a limited budget always lacked a bit of credibility (it's all relative) and Martinez has put the Moyes era into perspective.

United should have gone for Martinez or Rodgers. Intelligent, modern and creative. Perhaps Fergie thought that as a dour Scot Moyes was in his image. Big mistake. Probably too late now.
  • Giggs ideal for the role as he has plenty of experience handling difficult affairs.
  • No real fight there
  • iaitch said:

I think they will go through the same stage as when Matt Busby retired, they went through a few managers before Ferguson came along. Even then Fergie had a couple of blank seasons before winning a trophy and was rumoured to be for the chop.

Same old issue with every manager, not giving time.

I would love it, just love it for them to repeat the post Busby era again, they got relegated.
    Dennis Law back heeled a the goal that put them down, playing for Man City.
  • Man U should go back to Everton for Martinez.
  • If Man Utd can get the right Manager in then you could see them do a Liverpool next season, if they can get the right players in then they wont have the burnout of Europe so will be fresher for the big matches... Because of the name and brand they'll still be able to get the big players in as well (They'll only struggle if they start going years like Liverpool have done without winning the League)

Also with the new man not replacing Ferguson now the pressure will be off to replace him (and this is probably how we should have dealt with Dowie)

Question though... Who do people want to see a new man (if anyone cares on here though):
    (1) - Diego Simone (Atletico Madrid)... Will be hated instantly by fans because of Beckham and 1998 World Cup (Nor does he speak English)
    (2) - Louis Van Gaal (Holland)... Early favourite but wont be available until July, gonna be late for United to do any business
    (3) - Jurgen Klopp (Dortmund)... Brilliant with the media, he'd be my favourite as he'd be a character with Wenger and Mourinho
    (4) - Roberto Martinez (Everton)... Would just be a joke wouldnt it
    (5) - Ryan Giggs... With Ferguson in the background as a stronger advisor bringing back the backroom staff of Meulensteen and Phelan
  • Klopp would be great and it must be frustrating for him that Bayern are getting harder and harder to catch every season.

I think it will be Van Gaall though.

Fight?

Not much of a fight that. Levy will offer him less money and the guarantee he'll sell his best performing player at the end of each season!
    Van Gaal would be mad to take the Spurs job.

Thing is though, Van Gaal is very much the short-term solution. Both teams should be looking long-term really. He's 62 and a journeyman. He'd give both clubs a couple of decent seasons then he'd probably move on again.

Won't be much of a fight there will it?!

Klopp has already ruled himself out unfortunately. Maybe they could get Van Gaal for a couple of years then go after Guardiola.

Current odds from Sky Bet:

Louis Van Gaal 5/4
    Jurgen Klopp 8/1
    Ryan Giggs 10/1
    Diego Simeone 16/1
    Jose Mourinho 20/1
    Sir Alex Ferguson 22/1
    Carlos Quieroz 25/1
    Laurent Blanc 25/1
    Carlo Ancelotti 33/1
    Frank de Boer 33/1
    Roberto Martinez 33/1
    Antonio Conte 33/1
    Mauricio Pochettino 33/1
    Guus Hiddink 33/1
    Pep Guardiola 33/1
    Gary Neville 40/1
    Fabio Capello 40/1
    Mike Phelan 40/1
    Joachim Low 50/1
    Michael Laudrup 50/1
    Jorge Jesus 50/1
    Philip Neville 50/1
    Roberto Mancini 50/1
    Luis Felipe Scolari 50/1
    Mark Hughes 50/1
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 50/1
    Massimiliano Allegri 50/1
    Steve Bruce 50/1
    Zinedine Zidane 66/1
    Jupp Heynckes 66/1
    Vicente Del Bosque 66/1
    Neil Lennon 66/1
    Tony Pulis 66/1
    Marcelo Bielsa 66/1
    Arsene Wenger 80/1
    Cesare Prandelli 80/1
    Sam Allardyce 100/1
    Rafa Benitez 100/1
    Malky Mackay 100/1
    Steve McClaren 100/1
    Paul Lambert 100/1
    Andre Villas Boas 100/1
    Sven Goran Eriksson 100/1
    Steve Clarke 100/1
    Johan Boskamp 100/1
    Harry Redknapp 100/1
    Rene Meulensteen 100/1
    Frank Rijkaard 100/1
    Didier Deschamps 100/1
    Brendan Rodgers 100/1
    Roy Keane 100/1
    Paul Scholes 100/1
    Nigel Clough 125/1
    Nigel Pearson 150/1
    Tim Sherwood 150/1
    David Beckham 250/1
    Eric Cantona 250/1

• edited April 2014
    There are some crazy names on that list... i.e. Tim Sherwood, Nigel Clough, Roy Keane etc... rather than Alan Curbishley?
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to Tottenham, they've had a little longer to persuade Van Gaal! Also, Man Utd will probably want him to train up Giggs for a future managerial role, does he really fancy that as well as turning an entire club around?
  • I can't believe Karel Fraeye isn't on there.
  • i would say gus hindink is a good punt at 33/1.

I assume van gaal, the favourite is out of contract after the world cup.

• The manager of the year's missing from the list: Sean Dyche .. who will take over from Beavis & Butthead ? .. If t'were me, I'd go for someone Simeone .. with Beckham as his aide de camp .. ((:>) .. but seriously, whoever comes in will need the patience of Job, the hide of a rhinocerous, the treasure chest of King Midas and of course .. he must be Scottish
  • Now he's gone, got to feel sorry for Moyes.
    Was strange how he came in with no real plan to freshen up the squad. If that was his fault then a valid sacking, but I feel there is something wrong at the club.
    A brave man needed for this job.
  • If I was united now I would go for Jupp Heynckes on a 1 year rolling contact.
    Simeone and Klopp are tied in at their clubs.
  • Beckham lol. At least the boys would be nicely turned out...
  • Now he's gone, got to feel sorry for Moyes.
    Was strange how he came in with no real plan to freshen up the squad. If that was his fault then a valid sacking, but I feel there is something wrong at the club.
    A brave man needed for this job.

He wasn't backed in the right way. Had David Gill still been there he would have got his targets rather than buying Fellaini in a panic buy on deadline day.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Klopp will never leave Dortmund and Blanc just signed a new deal at PSG.

Fight?

Not much of a fight that. Levy will offer him less money and the guarantee he'll sell his best performing player at the end of each season!
    Van Gaal would be mad to take the Spurs job.

Thing is though, Van Gaal is very much the short-term solution. Both teams should be looking long-term really. He's 62 and a journeyman. He'd give both clubs a couple of decent seasons then he'd probably move on again.

If you're looking for a short term solution then who better? After he came in, Barca and Bayern both evolved into two of the most impressive clubs in world football, even having changed head coaches several times since.