Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Moyes sacked (ed not) (oh yes he is)

Comments

• Love to see man utd struggling, lol Moyes was way out his depth there,

He has done what he also done at Everton. He has never won anything! The Toby carvery
  • He had mission impossible ..........job has aged him he is better of out of it ..... see the Utd fans blaming the Glaziers -- thought it was Fergie who put him in the role ......reap what you sew
  • Man Utd haven't bought us any entertainment since the 1999 champions league final. Please would they just leave him in charge until the end of the season.
  • SAF only reccomended Moyes. United Board appointed him. It would be a togh gig for anyone following SAF. There are obviously man management issues there, which will disappear when/if Moyes get the chance to buy players he wants. Personally, I hope Moyes gets another season and gets United back playing well. IMO during the late 90s and mid 00s they are the best team I have seen in the Premier League, playing a much better brand of football than we currently see from City and Chelsea
  • Giggs and Phil Neville combo until Louis van Gael appears
  • LVG seems to be someone who wants to manage whoever will pay him the most. Touting himself around for jobs. Would like them to get a younger manager in. Simeone ?
  • edited April 2014
    Fecking BBC are doing my head in. Being next-door neighbours in Salford is no excuse for their being "breaking news" that there is no news from Old Trafford. Morons. This morning they actually have a reporter at their training ground reporting that there are a lot of rumours but no news. Waste of the licence fee.
    Edited to say: particularly as the first official announcement about this MUST be given as a regulatory news update through the NYSE.
  • Now confirmed.
  • Gone. Official.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Man Utd haven't bought us any entertainment since the 1999 champions league final. Please would they just leave him in charge until the end of the season.

So want to 'like' and 'LOL' that
  • Admin need to edit the thread title...cheers.
  • With more than 5 years left on his contract, I'm sure his bank manager will remind him all is not lost...............
  • With more than 5 years left on his contract, I'm sure his bank manager will remind him all is not lost...............

Suspect there was at least one clause in that contract that enables MUFC to pay substantially less than you may expect.

• only have to pay 1 year compo as failed to make champions league. Thank christ he has gone.
  • 5 million pounds compo, not all bad. Can we forget Man U exist again now?
  • I'd like to see Pochettino's translator have a go in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to see Klopp takeover there.

Very harsh on Moyes. I feel he should have been given until January at least. The new CEO made some huge cock-ups in the transfer window which have cost Moyes his job. Fergie is a miracle worker winning the league with that squad. Player wise, Moyes has actually left them in better shape with Mata and Fellaini.
  • Why does everybody care so much?

Manchester United are a enormous club from this country. Them sacking a manager will always be a huge story across the country.
    I'm not silly I know that, but why do people on here, in main, Charlton fans, give a hoot what happens bloody Man U? It's bad enough that it will probably dominate every national newspaper tomorrow, then tge next day when it actually happens and then again when they appoint a new guy and so on, us smaller clubs have been living in the shadow if these big money empires for far too long. We have a relegation battle on our hands, have just had a MASSIVE win and yet we're talking about the future of blooming Manchester United I couldn't care less if Kermit the frog managed them they're not even in the same frigging league as us.

For someone that doesn't Care, you have still take the time to read posts and then post a rant in response.... Maybe just don't read thread you have no interest in ?
  • Would love to see Klopp takeover there.

Very harsh on Moyes. I feel he should have been given until January at least. The new CEO made some huge cock-ups in the transfer window which have cost Moyes his job. Fergie is a miracle worker winning the league with that squad. Player wise, Moyes has actually left them in better shape with Mata and Fellaini.

Would love to see Klopp too.

Fergie did unbelievable to win the league with that squad, but don't forget all other teams around him that season really struggled, so there wasn't much competition. He knew he wouldn't win it again with Mourinho coming back etc so he quit. Good move.
  • Right decision. Whoever took that job was facing an impossible challenge. Unfortunately for Moyes, it was him in the seat at that time.

They've now got the whole "who is going to fill Sir Alex's shoes" issue out of their system. I fully expect them to crack on and have a decent year next season, finishing somewhere in the Top 4.
  • I think they will go through the same stage as when Matt Busby retired, they went through a few managers before Ferguson came along. Even then Fergie had a couple of blank seasons before winning a trophy and was rumoured to be for the chop.

Same old issue with every manager, not giving time.
  • iaitch said:

I think they will go through the same stage as when Matt Busby retired, they went through a few managers before Ferguson came along. Even then Fergie had a couple of blank seasons before winning a trophy and was rumoured to be for the chop.

Same old issue with every manager, not giving time.

Moyes could have had the rest of the century and would still be out of his depth.

He tactically got everything wrong.

His man management was awful.

In his press conferences he said everything you would advise him not to say.

He needed to go.
  • I also believe we will see Fellaini improve now, he was quality with Moyes at Everton, in a positive environment etc. once Utd get their confidence back and the fans get off of his back we will see the best of him again.
  • Getting in the Top 4 next season is by no means guaranteed, though they will have the advantage of fresh legs not playing in Europe - Liverpool may struggle next season with the extra games unless they strengthen their squad significantly.
    They definitely need to hire the right man to attract top players, despite not being in the CL which is where most international players want to be.
  • It needed someone with an the arrogance and ego big enough to shrug off the fact they would be Fergie's predecessor. That was never going to bey Moyes and Mourinho was the only fit for that. Long=term they'll be better off for not going wit him though. Good luck to Moyes and you're always welcome at The Valley next season!
  • Fellaini cost 27m lol the most over rated player this season along with 300k a week Roo