Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Williams, Wilbraham and Guedioura

@RichCawleySLP: #cafc interested in three #cpfc players on loan - Jonny Williams, Aaron Wilbraham and Adlene Guedioura. Full story in @SthLondonPress.

Didn't realise Wilbraham was 34. Wiki says Williams is only 5 ft 6 so he fails the height test. Guedioura is the former Forest player, thought he looked very comfortable on the ball when I saw him last season. Hadn't even noticed he had gone to Palace.

Comments

• Options
    Why so many palace players not a fan of that tbh would only take jonny Williams from them.
  • Options
    Firm of Solicitors?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Would take Guedioura asap if available.
  • Options
    Wilbraham. No way, don't need him, useless. Would love either of the other 2.
  • Options
    Wilbraham useless...would take either of the other two
  • Options
    Definitely dont want Wilbraham as we dont need anymore Strikers (Unless it involves sending Sordell home)... Guedioura or Williams then yes please but would prefer the latter
  • Options
    We dont need anyone else now
  • Options
    Whoever we get, I think a key consideration is that they should't be cup tied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Dont think being cup-tied is an issue now to be honest

Having players like Tudgay means that he cant play in the Cup but it means he can be played in the League matches close to our cup games giving Church a rest
  • Options
    Tudgay is available for the QF
  • Options

Stig said:

Dont think being cup-tied is an issue now to be honest

Having players like Tudgay means that he cant play in the Cup but it means he can be played in the League matches close to our cup games giving Church a rest
    Think Tudgay can play next round. He couldnt play last night as he wasnt registered before the original match was meant to be played.

Definate no to Wilbraham. Never impressed me. Might have scored a screamer at the valley back in league 1 for MK Dons, but rang straight to the north stand with an ott celebration. Think he probably regretted it in the end, think that match ended 5-1!

Dont really know enough about Williams or Guedioura.
  • Options

Why would he be available for the Quarters and not the 5th Round... He's already represented another club in the competition so cant play for us
  • Options
    Guedioura would be a definite yes from me
  • Options

Why would he be available for the Quarters and not the 5th Round... He's already represented another club in the competition so cant play for us
    the weds game was rearranged so only players who were registered for the first game can play, and as tudgay only came on friday he wasnt registered last week
  • Options

Tudgay hasn't appeared in this years FA Cup
  • Options

Because he wasn't signed in time for the original date, not because he's cup tied. He hasn't featured for Forest or Barnsley in the cup this season.
  • Options
    I would take Wilbraham. Not the world's greatest but got promoted with Norwich and Palace. Gives us a different option up top as a different type of player to Sordell, Reza, Church. Plus with so many games we need more bodies.

Don't know much about the others but again the more bodies the better. Both know the Championship and are proven at that level. Not sure Midfield is a priority.

What we don't know is whether Cawley has got this from us or from Palace. The last three names he mentioned (SWP, Becchio, ???) haven't happened.
  • Options
    sorry Henry I can't agree on Wilbraham, he really is pony in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ohhh shit... sorry I thought Tudgay had already played for Barnsley... thats excellent news then
  • Options
    190 grand prize money last night according to 5 live extra could mean 1 or 2 loans in.
  • Options

Ohhh shit... sorry I thought Tudgay had already played for Barnsley... thats excellent news then

He has but thankfully not in the cup!
  • Options
    I'd take all three.
  • Options
    do we now get another 200k on top of last nights win for tv rights for the quarters?
  • Options

sorry Henry I can't agree on Wilbraham, he really is pony in my opinion.

Pony? In depth analysis of his abilities there.

Played a part in two promotions from this division and played and scored in the premiership last season. No, not a world beater or one to set the pulse racing but would be a useful addition to a thin, inexperienced squad.
  • Options
    Can't see what Wilbraham can do that Tudgay can't, not much difference in terms of experience either. Rather see a winger and a right back come in over yet another striker given there is a limit to how many loanees can actually play!
  • Options
    Guedioura is a very good player and would definitely improve our options, would be a shame to break up Cousins and Poyet at the moment though.
  • Options

I would take Wilbraham. Not the world's greatest but got promoted with Norwich and Palace..

He was hardly an integral part of each sides promotion campaigns!

• Options
    Yes to Williams, no to Wilbraham, no idea about the other lad.