Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Nations

Come on England take the Irish down today. Please.

Should be a close and epic tussle methinks.

Comments

• Come on Ireland! And no comments on the match thread... ;-)
  • Oh bugger, the scrum looks suspect all ready.
  • Still 0-0, England over but ball not downed under control. Most of the play in the Irish half.
  • 67% possession to England in first 10 minutes
  • Farrell lucky not to be binned.

Still 0-0 at 21 minutes.
  • 3-0 England
  • 3-0 England. 34 minutes England just missed a pen by hitting post
  • Vunipola off with ankle injury. 36 minutes
  • HT England3-0 Ireland.
  • Great game so far but we have missed some points
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Charlton. Come on Ireland !
  • 7-3 ireland
  • Come on Ireland.
  • Sitting at Irish father in laws. Dec's wearing green. I've 'coincidentally' brought a red scarf with me.... No idea what's going on and missed the try as I insisted on watching the GB bobsleigh!
  • Was a terrific game
  • Tremendous game .. England's yoof a little bit too fit and tough for a very good Irish outfit .. such a pity that Lancaster's ridiculous substitutions cost us the match against France as otherwise we would be nailed on for the Championship
  • What a terrific game of rugby, watched it with a lovely Irish guy and we both agreed neither team deserved to lose that one. But I was glad it wasn't us. Come on England!
  • What a fitting way to end the 6 nations. Well done Ireland, thank you BOD for everything.
  • A shame for England, but can't help but feel really pleased for BOD.
  • O'Driscoll, one in a million, Mr Irish Rugby (and don't forget D'Arcy and O'Connell).. I still make England champs though, we beat Ireland this season ... ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Great way for BOD to sign off in the green jersey. Such an immense player in world, let alone Irish rugby. Seeing him this season, the pace is slower, but still playing wonderful rugby. Lovely to see him quit as a winner.

What now? Impossible for Ireland to replace him, although we have some decent players in and coming through. I think England have an excellent crop of young players though and could be in for a few years of 6 Nations dominance.
  • Can only agree with the sentiments above BOD is one of the all time greats, pleased he went out on such a high, even if it was at England's expense. What an enjoyable six nations it has been this year!
  • England will smash the 6 nations next year. Could do OK in World Cup too.
  • England only have themselves to blame, they were on top in Paris and on course for a tight win and then Lancaster made some very strange subs and we lost control of the game immediately.

Pleased to see BOD go out a winner but England threw away a Grand Slam.
  • edited March 2014

England only have themselves to blame, they were on top in Paris and on course for a tight win and then Lancaster made some very strange subs and we lost control of the game immediately.

You can say the same thing about Ireland, the misplaced restart from Sexton when England scored a pen. That resulted in a scrum from England from which they scored a try. Had the kick stayed in, who knows what would have happened.

Sexton seems to have a problem with his kicking, the longer he takes the more pressure he puts on himself.
  • England only have themselves to blame, they were on top in Paris and on course for a tight win and then Lancaster made some very strange subs and we lost control of the game immediately.

You can say the same thing about Ireland, the misplaced restart from Sexton when England scored a pen. That resulted in a scrum from England from which they scored a try. Had the kick stayed in, who knows what would have happened.

Sexton seems to have a problem with his kicking, the longer he takes the more pressure he puts on himself.
    There is very little to choose between England and Ireland, two very evenly matched teams.

The thing for England is that this was a great chance for a Grand Slam as they only had one hard away game - Paris - whereas next year they will need to go to Cardiff and Dublin.

The Sexton mistake was pivotal but these things happen to even the best players, England's collapse in Paris seemed to be more down to Lancaster trying to be too clever by half with his subs.
  • Thrilled about the Ireland result and watched a recording again tonight...the Mrs is from Munster and really was way too stressed first time around as they adjudicated that forward pass at the end
  • Very rarely see forward passes pulled up these days, in fact the Aussies have made it an art form. Was it an obvious misdemeanor?
  • Thrilled about the Ireland result and watched a recording again tonight...the Mrs is from Munster and really was way too stressed first time around as they adjudicated that forward pass at the end

My partner exactly the same (from Kerry) - I had to call her in from the kitchen whenever something good happened for the Irish. She was too tense to watch the whole thing. And she doesn't even like sports.
  • Very rarely see forward passes pulled up these days, in fact the Aussies have made it an art form. Was it an obvious misdemeanor?