Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Arse vs Bayern

Comments

• Shithouse. Cracking strike
  • Always think its funny when the commentators have to apologise for an "untoward hand gesture". How on earth is it the TVs fault? And what does it matter?
  • this is a gutsy performance from Arsenal
  • Robben spitting in the back of sangas head hope he gets the book thrown at him
  • Bayan are a brilliant team
  • Bayern great to watch. And this is minus Ribery, Schweinsteigger and mueller! You gotta love Guardiolla. This should be five or six.
  • That was such a Pen.
  • Ozil has had a stinker since the penalty. Might be worth giving him the Sunderland game off to give him some rest.
  • Kroos looks a cut above the norm. Running the show

and for Ars, I gotta to say I love Kosielney
  • Goodnight.

Over to you Davey...
  • Sponsored links:

• Muller 2-0
  • kin el!!

Same pattern as Citeh last night. No justice for a gutsy ten man effort
  • Kroos MOM. Was talk he was going to Man U LOL
  • Athletico 1-0
  • forest Leicester 2-2
  • Now what's the betting? Will arsene be gracious or call the ref out over the penalty? I know where my money is.
  • Defensively Ozil is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. At Madrid he didn't have to worry about defending but his shortcomings are being really exposed over here.
  • Defensively Ozil is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. At Madrid he didn't have to worry about defending but his shortcomings are being really exposed over here.

• I think the sending off was correct by the letter of the law, but it was more about Robben's skill than the keeper's intent to foul him. It would be a massive change to the culture of football, but I do feel that the sending off should be dependent on the penalty being converted. If it is, then it is a booking, if it is missed it is a sending off. People will think that is a ridiculous suggestion, but if you really think about it - it is completely fair, which the laws of the game should strive to be.
  • Sending off should be based on intent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone remember the last time Jack Wilshere had a good game? Yet another young English player talked up as 'world class' but is quite frankly, miles away from that level.
  • edited February 2014

Defensively Ozil is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. At Madrid he didn't have to worry about defending but his shortcomings are being really exposed over here.

He's starting to look a bit like a 40 m pound Danny Green.

I always use Claus Jensen as the example for this type of player. Claus was pretty awful at defending, but he always tracked back and at least got in front of attackers and filled up spaces. Ozil loses the ball and just stops, not even bothering to track back a bit. Cazorla is still Arsenal's best midfielder by a distance imho.

• Gutted :(

Only Joking!

Although I don't really like Bayern either.
  • doesn't track back? Ozil out of both teams on the pitch actually had the third best distance covered with 11.69 km (behind wilshere and flamini)

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2014/02/19/arsenal-mesut-ozils-work-rate-stats-notable-vs-bayern-munich/#JpwLBCRg0iFcmYiS.99
  • Good the no good dirty bstds
  • Addick90
    Assuming those stats are correct (and we have all seen discussions on this forum about stats) there is a world of difference between lots of running and tracking back. Ozil showed little awareness of players behind him and so instead of tracking back (ie covering the space BEFORE the opposition player fills it) he was playing 'catch-up' As he isn't blessed with great pace, he was not usually able to get a meaningful tackle in. Wilshere gave him a bollocking for precisely that.

Why Wenger played Frank Nouble's younger brother up front in such a vital game is a mystery. He was willing but couldn't hold the ball and was isolated, even before the sending off. Sadly for those wishing to see further British club involvement they will have to rely on ...(sorry can't bring myself to name them...)
  • Do these so called world class stars ever practice penalties. Graham Alexander said the key to his success was practice, putting his foot through the ball and definetly no dinks.
    If we face Germany in a shoot out you can bet he will probably smash it in the top corner.
  • Calling them the arse is as bad as calling Millwall 'wall

• Except they used to be called The Arsenal