Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester City v Barcelona

Away from the cares and woes, the highs and lows of following the Addicks .. I am REALLY looking forward to this one.
It's a shame that Aguero will not be fit. He's the closest approximation to Messi that we have playing in this country.
Tomorrow's game at the Emirates will be tasty as well .. Bayern Munich .. heirs to the Barca crown ?

It's nights like these when I am a teeny weeny bit envious of the supporters of a 'mega' club .. but there y'go .. we are where we are ..

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Might wanna keep a lookout for the Barnsley and Yeovil games tonight too.
  • sheffield wednesday are playing derby?
  • Why aren't we playing tonight?
  • ^^ they are .. a BIG night all round
  • Was just going to start this.

Still can't get my head around that club. Seems only a couple of years ago we were regularly going to Maine Rd.

How do you see it going tonight ?
  • I reckon city will sneak a win tonight by the odd goal
  • Mike said:

sheffield wednesday are playing derby?

My mistake! Thought they were playing Barnsley for some reason.
  • Man City 2-0

Still can't get my head around that club. Seems only a couple of years ago we were regularly going to Maine Rd.

How do you see it going tonight ?

Man City .. a whole topic on its own .. I am convinced that the cheap acquisition of their new stadium (ex Commonwealth Games venue, heavily subsidised by Man City Council) was the catalyst for the start of their purchase history and subsequent success .. a bit like West Ham's move to palatial premises .. BUT .. I digress

Getting rid of Nicky Weaver was the catalyst and a curse for those who signed him.

• Sponsored links:

• Think I saw today is 14 years to this day that Man City were playing Macclesfield in L2. Now they've got Barca.
  • Think I saw today is 14 years to this day that Man City were playing Macclesfield in L2. Now they've got Barca.

So there's hope for us under Roland's regime then??? Errrr maybe not

• edited February 2014

Think I saw today is 14 years to this day that Man City were playing Macclesfield in L2. Now they've got Barca.

14? That can't be true, 99/00 season they were at the top of Div 1 with us.

Fri 18 Feb, 2000: Huddersfield 1-1 Manchester City
  • edited February 2014
    Sorry, 15 years.....
  • Demicheles is playing.

1-2 Barca.
  • Mike said:

sheffield wednesday are playing derby?

My mistake! Thought they were playing Barnsley for some reason.
    Thank goodness. Nearly caused me a crisis, I would have been torn on whether to watch Barca v City or The Massives v Barnsley.
  • Sorry, 15 years.....

You should be sorry!!!!!!!!
  • Barca 3-1. Demichelis at Centre Half is a liability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

Barca 3-1. Demichelis at Centre Half is a liability.

Pellegrini loves him .. and Navas starts .. very positive
  • It is always interesting - Barcelona keep possession for fun, but City have quality forwards and they can exploit Barca's weaknesses. Quite a difficult one to call for me.
  • If there was ever 10 mins of football that highlights the different style between Prem and La Liga football then this is it.

Barca having all the possession compared to City's direct more rushed approach.
  • How many times will they mention possession? Lets ignore they've had 0 shots and focus on the passing...
  • Come on Citeh, Barca bore the pants off me.
  • Negredo gotta fancy himself against Mascherano
  • Small sight of goal for City there.
  • Barcelona's defense hasn't improved.