Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why we will have to face Ravel Morrison

Interesting story, although a little speculative. Worth reading the BTL comments

Just would have to be us he starts against

Comments

• Options
    Good article but gives more of the background rather than the reasons for his demise. Can it really just be about an agent? If so, wow.
  • Options
    Concerns about the moral compass of his manager and senior player, so he goes and signs for Arry Redknapp and Joey Barton.

Lol
  • Options

Concerns about the moral compass of his manager and senior player, so he goes and signs for Arry Redknapp and Joey Barton.

Lol

Match made in heaven, methinks.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I wonder in squad terms if Ravel's arrival might mean the super hoops loan out SWP ?
  • Options

Lol

Made me chuckle did that!

• Options
    They have so much 'bob' maybe they will lend us one of their strikers.
  • Options
    If those allegations about Allardyce and Nolan pushing him to sign for a particular agent are true then that could open up problems for both of them.

That list of players he has signed for Wet Span - and the fact they all have the same agent - is pretty damning, although people in football would have known this for some time.

Allardyce is no fool but it only takes one mis-step and these things can suddenly break wide open.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Ravel Morrison, possibly because of his 'bad boy' past, and for all we know 'bad boy' present, has become a bit of a media darling, a poster boy for reformed gangstas, all well and good .. but what has he done as a footballer ? .. I have only seen him on TV and he did not do anything spectacular, but every time he touched the ball, the commentators seemed to have close to orgasmic experiences, talking of him as a possibility for the world cup squad .. Allardyce would not be getting rid of him if he was that good .. as for 'Arry ? .. sounds like a good publicity stunt to me .. I can see the headlines now: 'QPR sign a genius for a song' .. tosh
  • Options
    Where is the article?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the squad they have there, if QPR don't gain promotion this season, it must surely rank as one of the worst failures in club management history.
  • Options
    Iain Dowie. Willie McFaul
  • Options
    Looks like they need him. Two for Reading in a couple of minutes including a stunner from McCleary!
  • Options
    And we won't now face Joey Barton! Booked & out for 2 games :)
  • Options

With the squad they have there, if QPR don't gain promotion this season, it must surely rank as one of the worst failures in club management history.

I believe they will fall foul of the financial fair play regulations as well.
  • Options

Time for the Harry for England brigade to dive under their tables.

• Options
    So Morrisson was an emergency loan, was he? What was the emergency? That Harry hadn't signed a player for a week?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

So Morrisson was an emergency loan, was he? What was the emergency? That Harry hadn't signed a player for a week?

Don't worry about it .. Morrison (not our one) is an overrated, petulant, spoilt never will be (and that's being polite), I hope he plays against us .. sooner face him than snarling little b**tard Barton, Phillips or indeed another overrated never was, Jenas ...

On your main point, the whole language and the ethos of the loan system is laughable and fraudulent .. 'emergency' means we don't want to sign him in case we don't get promotion and run a bit short of cash .. but we'll take him for a few weeks because we can afford that and because he might prove to be just what we need .. we'll have him on trial/sale or return when the next transfer window opens
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Don't worry about it .. Morrison (not our one) is an overrated, petulant, spoilt never will be (and that's being polite), I hope he plays against us .. sooner face him than snarling little b**tard Barton, Phillips or indeed another overrated never was, Jenas ...

Alex Ferguson said he was the best young kid he had ever seen at Man U. However some players just don't have the brains to go with their talent. If he had his head screwed on like Scholes for example, then he'd stand a good chance of being one the best English players we've had in 20 years or so. Unfortunately at the current rate he's going it looks like he'll end up out of the game by the time he's 30.
  • Options
    It is Morrison I think. Check this one out: Ravel Morrison's unravelling at West Ham United is a tremendous waste Now it's not hard to guess that the 'Premier League manager' and the 'senior player' are Sam Allardyce and Kevin Nolan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite amusing that I have just glanced at Allardyce's page in the Standard tonight and one of his three pieces is about the hamster's keeper - Adrian.

More specifically, it is all about the hard work that agent, Mark Curtis, who apparently also represents Allardyce (really, who'd have known that) had done behind the scenes to make the transfer from Betis happen.

The gist of the story is for Allardyce to refute claims that he pressurised Morrison to sign for Curtis, which may well be very true.

Now, it's reasonable to suggest that he has used this weekly advertisement in London's paper to, quite rightly, respond to stories about him and Curtis. However, I can't help turning the page on that story and thinking two things:

1. I don't think I have ever known any manager discussing or being talked about in the same breath as agents (or one in particular), over many years, as I have Allardyce and...

2. Methinks he doth protest too much!!