Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Charlton 0-2 Birmingham *** Second Top Place For The Academy*** plus the A&E Indicator

many thanks to the 87 Lifers who gave marks the match averages are:

Poyet............................7.41 MoM
Ajdarevic.............................7.19
Reza....................................6.25
Cousins...............................6.15
Wilson.................................6.00
Wood..................................5.94
Morrison.............................5.71
Thuram...............................5.60
Jackson...............................5.43
Sordell................................4.73
Evina...................................3.79
Team average...5.84

for those wanting a bit more then it's here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/20/41eef19c204714558f4375375053dd.pdf

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a shame to have our captain so low...
  • Options
    Jackson deserved better. It also fell to pieces when he came off.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Jackson deserved better. It also fell to pieces when he came off.

I personally think that was more to do with Poyet's substitution - as others mentioned Jackson was anonymous for most of hte game, whereas I distinctly remember Poyet being a key part of our defensive posture - dropping back to fill CB position when our full-backs got forward and constantly harassing their midfield.
  • Options
    Poyet went off in the 87th minute...
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Poyet went off in the 87th minute...

sorry but you are wrong as in real terms 87 = 89 and here is how:

The bbc stats show the substitution at 87mins, however if you scroll down the live texts you will see that the 1st half finished at 45m + 1m 52s, so rounded up to 47 mins, they show the 2nd half starting at 45m, so that 2 minutes has to be taken into account and added to the substitution timing of 87m so making it 89m.

I believe the bbc obtain their stats from the Press Association which is the same place as all other organisations use. I only noticed this anomaly this season and it does make the stats a little more complicated.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lancashire lad i wasn't correcting your stats i was replying to the post directly above mine, my point being that the game was pretty much over by the time Diego went off. sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • Options
    no problem cafc, what's a couple of minutes between Lifers :)
  • Options
    Cheers lancs, considering the stats looks like unjustified result. Unlike us to have so much posession & shots, good signs and if we keep that up then we will be ok just need that bit of luck
  • Options

Cheers lancs, considering the stats looks like unjustified result. Unlike us to have so much posession & shots, good signs and if we keep that up then we will be ok just need that bit of luck

Too right! Over 20 shots with many of them on target shows we are doing something right.

• Options
    Powell needs to rediscover how to win home games & soon. We''ll continue to struggle away so he must rally at the valley. Brum parked the bus 2nd half. We need to get that 1st goal to force the opposition to play.
    What might work in our favour is that just about everyone other than bottom 6 will be fancying their chances against us, well maybe even those in bottom 6.
    Hopefully we'll get a manager in the summer with some idea of how to develop an attractive and effective playing style.