Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool AWAY and Travel NEXT SEASON

2»

Comments

• Options
    cheaper advance tickets not yet available on west coast line i would guess they may go on sale later this week.
  • Options

i cant find anything cheaper than £85.00 each way

£85 is the off peak return price, which isn't too bad for a return from one end of the country to the other really. But the advance tickets won't have gone on sale yet, and may be cheaper when they do.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Bank Holiday Weekend so was always going to be expensive.
  • Options
    Cheap train tickets are usually 10-12 weeks before, so not out yet. (IMO).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The weekend before tickets are approx £50 return. Travelling on Saturday 26th April and returning same day is £32.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

i cant find anything cheaper than £85.00 each way

It maybe still a little early to get a cheap deal. Keep trying daily because 12 weeks to go the cheaper fares have not always been released.
  • Options
    Also don't forget the other affected dated are first three weeks of next season, between most of Christmas and New Year, Middle two weeks of February NEXT YEAR 2015 and also the Easter 2015 weekend. Hopefully they will be finished by then and they won't have fallen behind schedule though I'm not holding my breath on that. But pretty nuch most of next season should still hopefully not be too much of a problem.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The weekend before tickets are approx £50 return. Travelling on Saturday 26th April and returning same day is £32.

Thanks.

That's handy to know. I'll go up to Blackpool and back the week before then.

;o)
  • Options
    Anyone checked Marylebone to Birmingham, then Birmingham to Preston?
  • Options
    3 rooms booked for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend seemed a sensible precaution back in August when I booked them. Cheap deal too at the TravelLodge. 0.0 miles from the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Anyone checked Marylebone to Birmingham, then Birmingham to Preston?

That would be a loooong route. Although you could stop by The White Horse.

• Options

Are you sure it's 12.15 ko? Travelling up on the Friday so doesn't bother me too much, but Saturday afternoon and evening will be even more messier now.

It DEFINITELY is a 12.15 k/o as all matches have to start at that time to meet with SKY tele
  • Options

Anyone planning on going to Blackpool on the last day of the season by train will find travelling fun and games as the line around Watford is closed off that weekend for works. As it's a 12:15 kick-off it will be a struggle to get there for kick-off using alternative routes from other London stations and cutting across unless you get a VERY early train before 6am.

There will also be periods on and off during next season when the same stretch line will be shut off again for the same works so alternative routes may well come into play again though maybe not as hard if you have a 3pm kick-off.

Otherwise it may involve taking a replacement coach part of the journey as stated in the website link pasted below which explains it all.

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/News-Releases/Major-improvement-work-for-the-West-Coast-Main-Line-at-Watford-1e18.aspx

What a wonderful way to finish off a disasterous(so far) season.
  • Options
    Remember years ago we got done 5-0 at Blackpool and got relegated.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Thanks.

That's handy to know. I'll go up to Blackpool and back the week before then.

;o)
    They should be available very soon for that weekend I guess
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Remember years ago we got done 5-0 at Blackpool and got relegated.

YIKES!
  • Options
    In 2008 me and wife stayed at the De Vere up there for the weekend.

6 years and two kids on, we can't afford a weekend in Belvedere ! :-)
  • Options
    I imagine there will be coaches upto Milton Keynes and the train will start from there. This was often the case when the lines were being upgraded.
  • Options
    I think most people will drive. Too much of a ball ache by train. Five hours to get back to London, and then another hour to get back from London.
  • Options

I imagine there will be coaches upto Milton Keynes and the train will start from there. This was often the case when the lines were being upgraded.

More than probably as the works are NORTH of Watford. The overground is running to Watford Junction and there will probably also be a coach from there to MK. Still a bit of a hassle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More than probably as the works are NORTH of Watford. The overground is running to Watford Junction and there will probably also be a coach from there to MK. Still a bit of a hassle.
    The relegation party is proving hassle, we cannot even enjoy that properly!
  • Options
    outward journey has come down but not return, looks like this has got somebody driving written all over it.
  • Options

outward journey has come down but not return, looks like this has got somebody driving written all over it.

That's because advance tickets are not yet available for the Saturday or Sunday. Patience!