Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options

In February this thread will be four years old.

And the OP is still wrong

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Would JJ want to start more games?
    Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

Thank you for your interest...
    "Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore."

JJ proving you wrong for nearly four years - in the Championship and League 1

QED
    Jackson is past his best however hard it is for you to accept that - maybe ageing is an issue for you? If we are serious about competing he wasn't the answer four years ago in the Championship and he's not the answer now which in case you haven't noticed is why he doesn't start.

If you place selection on the basis of sentimentality then he would be the first name on the team sheet.

If you want to see him selected every week and think he adds a lot to the team then that's fine - we can agree to disagree.

Anyway I'm bored now ...

• Options
    Jacko was an absolute diamond yesterday,won every header,hardly misplaced a pass,yes he got a bit tired,but really would like to see more of him,especially as our super signings reeves and marshall are doing nothing.Special mention for Jacko in the way he politely requested that Amos might wish to improve his kicking.
  • Options

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

QED
    Jackson is past his best however hard it is for you to accept that - maybe ageing is an issue for you? If we are serious about competing he wasn't the answer four years ago in the Championship and he's not the answer now which in case you haven't noticed is why he doesn't start.

If you place selection on the basis of sentimentality then he would be the first name on the team sheet.

If you want to see him selected every week and think he adds a lot to the team then that's fine - we can agree to disagree.

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Big difference between "past his best" IE what you are saying now (and which no one has denied) and "he adds nothing" and "his time is up" IE what you said FOUR years ago.

Sorry, you find your own thread boring. I and many others have enjoyed it greatly over the past four seasons.

Just as we've enjoyed JJ's contributions and goal.
  • Options

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Big difference between "past his best" IE what you are saying now (and which no one has denied) and "he adds nothing" and "his time is up" IE what you said FOUR years ago.

Sorry, you find your own thread boring. I and many others have enjoyed it greatly over the past four seasons.

I'm bored of you and if you're going to be pedantic which seems to be your speciality I never said 'he adds nothing'.

Were you a schoolteacher in a previous life?
  • Options

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

I'm bored of you and if you're going to be pedantic which seems to be your speciality I never said 'he adds nothing'.

No, just a director at Charlton.

• Options

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

Maybe not word for word, no.
  • Options

Jacko was an absolute diamond yesterday,won every header,hardly misplaced a pass,yes he got a bit tired,but really would like to see more of him,especially as our super signings reeves and marshall are doing nothing.Special mention for Jacko in the way he politely requested that Amos might wish to improve his kicking.

Missed that. How did he suggest that to Amos.
  • Options
    The real problem on Saturday was two left feet. Neither JJ or Reeves can kick with their right foot. The team was lacking balance as a result.
  • Options
    His Christmas song quiz against Billy Clarke is a hilarious watch.

"How comes he gets all the easy pop ones and I keep getting the sit round the fire, folk ones?" - had me in stitches!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Oi!!! Bit harsh on us schoolteachers! :smiley:
  • Options

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Oi!!! Bit harsh on us schoolteachers! :smiley:
    Apologies .....
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

The real problem on Saturday was two left feet. Neither JJ or Reeves can kick with their right foot. The team was lacking balance as a result.

Aribo too
  • Options
    There was a real difference in leadership at the Wigan game with him in
  • Options
    edited January 2018

The skipper still has an important role to play throughout the reason of the season.

His cameo still showed his qualities, leadership and organisation skills, as well as his excellent timing into the opposition penalty box.

As he has had for four years and more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just announced his Retirement at the end of the season... He HAS to start v Blackburn!!
  • Options
    Thanks for so many moments jacko.

A true legend I hope will be manager one day soon
  • Options
    Hopefully we get a penalty at some stage late on... Be a crime if he's not allowed to take it
  • Options

worth going to the Blackburn game just to watch him lead us out one more time and give him the ovation he deserves.

right up there in my book as one of our greatest servants

I think that's the only thing worth breaking a boycott for. The most committed player we've had in years. The only shame is he couldn't have been at his peak when there was a better feeling around the place for longer
  • Options
    One more last minute winner would be nice. His occasional appearances on the scoresheet have been pretty much the only thing I've enjoyed during the Roland era.

A true Charlton legend in my opinion.
  • Options
    Nothing but respect and admiration for the man. He may not hail from the local area, but heck he sure acted like he did. So many wonderful memories but such a shame a lot was not played at a higher level with us and against a dire backdrop at times. He held his head up high for us when he could have easily walked away from the mess but he did not. I will break my boycott to ensure he receives a decent send off. I will miss you JJ.
  • Options
    Its a shame really that he's retiring @ 35...

Some players get a few more years and in a way does feel like he's going two years too soon
  • Options
    Top Man and will go down as a Charlton Legend. Deserves a great send off as a player and I hope he is a round under new ownership in some capacity proper Mr Charlton and by god do we need him