Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton and Sky

Nobody could claim that we have served up entertaining fayre for the vast majority of the season but ONE live game so far with none upcoming planned is pitiful. Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of games per club that Sky has to cover in the championship?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, one. Hence we only got home to palace on the telly last season.
  • Options
    Personally I am happy not to be on Sky.

Mainly because we usually play poorly, but also because I go to most games home and away anyway.
  • Options
    Yes, but surely it brings in cash?
  • Options
    But the shame and embarrassment when others know how shit we play. Too much to bear.
  • Options
    The money from Sky at this level is pretty small anyway.

Besides, they wouldn't want to take the risk of covering a game at The Valley in case it got called off!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The money is much better for FA Cup ties on ITV/BT if we beat the Massives we will surely be on TV as there will only be 4 games to show. The Fee is aprox £250,000 plus £180,000 in prize money that will go along way to fixing the pitch.
  • Options
    Leeds have 3 of their next 4 games live on sky.havnt they been shown about 3/4 times already this season? Seems very unfair to me.
  • Options
    My mistake there not.at lest 2 games from next 4.

• Options
    Millwall game humiliated us. Friends of mine texting me during the game saying 'it looks like Charlton have died on and off the pitch'.

I couldn't even defend us.

Sky games? Please not again this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll be on Sky later in the season to see us get relegated.
  • Options
    Sky are not about being fair, even when we were in the Prem we did not get our fair share of coverage, but we are not a big draw and Sky arfe looking for viewers. Lets face it we have a relatively poor away following so if we can't be bothered to see our club, why should the sky viewers be bothered.
  • Options
    The revolution will not be televised.
  • Options

Leeds have 3 of their next 4 games live on sky.havnt they been shown about 3/4 times already this season? Seems very unfair to me.

....and they're mid-table and shit.
  • Options
    Sky won't show us at home again this season.

Unless it stops raining until the end of the season
  • Options
    There does seem to be a Midlands/Yorkshire bias with both Sky and the BBC. Even at the start of the season, regardless of where they may be in the table, Sky had plenty of matches featuring Leicester (their favourites it would seem) Derby, Forest, Leeds and of course our old friends the Massives scheduled. With the odd Reading or QPR chucked in for contrast.
  • Options
    Sky have a legal obligation to show every Championship club at least once a season. We've had our one.

If we were at the top of the table fighting for promotion I'm sure we would see more matches on tv.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The money is much better for FA Cup ties on ITV/BT if we beat the Massives we will surely be on TV as there will only be 4 games to show. The Fee is aprox £250,000 plus £180,000 in prize money that will go along way to fixing the pitch.

We could buy Yann Kermorgant for that!!!
  • Options

My mistake there not.at lest 2 games from next 4

They score goals

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Dansk_Red said:

We could buy Yann Kermorgant for that!!!
    And I'd personally go down there and drive him back

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FA Cup final is always on the box so we will get covered then
  • Options
    Can someone - Shirty? - list last 10 live games and the results?
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12m12 minutes ago
    Log on to http://www.cafc.co.uk at 11am for news of a Charlton game which has been selected for live broadcast on @SkySports. #cafc
  • Options
    Forest away maybe?
  • Options
    If it's forest away that is beautiful, get the game out the way more time for boozing.
  • Options
    hope people not bought their train tickets yet !!!
  • Options
    Ipswich Home on 29th Nov
  • Options
    Ipswich at home
  • Options
    Sat 12.15 -29 Nov home to Ipswich
  • Options
    Ipswich