Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Work Experience

Hi im currently in yr 12 and need a week long work experience placement for july14th-18th would love it in the finance/I.t/banking industry any help would be great

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Is your school in Greenwich? If so, I know the network engineers at Greenwich Council (logicalis uk) have been taking a number of Work Experience students.

If you are in Greenwich let me know which school and I'll speak to the Service Delivery Manager and see whether there is any chance of you getting a placement with them.
  • no unfortunatley its not thanks for the help anyway :)
  • where are you RA?
  • i go to a school in bexley but live in greenwich
  • edited February 2014
    oh ok, not really close to me, but a word of advice, try selling yourself a bit more. Apart from what you want to do, all we know is your CL name. What GCSE's did you get, what are you studying at A level, are you intending to go to Uni, what subjects are you good at/enjoy?

Not much of a cv saying what kind of placement you want, you need to make yourself stand out a bit.

Oh yeah and if Dave Mehmet offers you anything turn it down, he has previous.
  • My Fifteen year old son (Year Ten) is looking for work experience from 7th July to 18th July, Preferably in Welling/Bexleyheath area. Has tried all local infant and primary schools as he has an interest in being a primary school teacher, but all WE vacancies already taken. Struggling to find anything at all at the moment and would be open to anything suitable of interest for these Two weeks.
    Any opportunities or suggestions would be apprieciated
  • My daughter is in year 12 studying theatre at Brit School and as part of that needs some theatre-specific work experience at the last week of February.

Ideally she'd like to shadow a director, or casting, or work with an agent or a theatre company, but anything in the industry would work.

A long shot - anyone know anybody who could help? Needs to be theatre, music venues won't work for what she requires. We're in Lewisham so anywhere in or around London, but prepared to travel/stay elsewhere to make it happen
  • rananegra said:

My daughter is in year 12 studying theatre at Brit School and as part of that needs some theatre-specific work experience at the last week of February.

Ideally she'd like to shadow a director, or casting, or work with an agent or a theatre company, but anything in the industry would work.

A long shot - anyone know anybody who could help? Needs to be theatre, music venues won't work for what she requires. We're in Lewisham so anywhere in or around London, but prepared to travel/stay elsewhere to make it happen

Tried contacting all the local theatres?
  • My uncle appeared on stage. He fell through a trap door once and wouda broke his legs if he never had a rope round his neck.......