Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2014

Wanneer het op de officiële site/Quand il est sur ​​le site officiel

• Options
    passez
  • Options
    "Guy Luzon remain active within the network of partner clubs."
  • Options
    luzon out now with his construction possible luzon to charlton en bob to liege - luzon to stvv and ferrera to sclessin
    luzon to stvv ferrera to charlton and bob to liege maybe also a new coach for liege - everything is possible
  • Options
    Good to get the Belgian input on here, don't worry about the comments lads, thats just the way we Brits are.

I cannot however see Bob Peeters being moved to Standard. As others have pointed out, RD makes far more money by getting Charlton into the FAPL than by getting Standard into the UCL group stage. So if he thinks Peeters is doing really well (and isn't it a bit early to even make that judgment?), why would he want to interfere with that progress so soon?

Anyway, RD is coming over so he can talk about Nespresso with Charlton fans…no riot police needed.
  • Options
    Riga to Standard?
  • Options
    he was coach earlier and he step out to do other stuf in spain i thought
  • Options

And LBTF is not Colin, gawd knows where that come from!

Of course not. We all know it's Paulie..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

still can't work out whether things going bad at Standard is better or worse for us?

Out of interest, RD has an interest in 6 clubs. Are we the only ones currently in a 'better place' since his involvement ?

Well, here is the latest round-up of network results (including a link to @defke blog) While we were not monitoring this time last year, since we'd never even heard of RD then, my feeling is that all the other clubs will feel they are doing better than at this time last year. Alcorcon are relatively the least successful but they were on the edge of the relegation zone last season, and have a nice new stand to boast of.

We might feel that RD will feel emotionally more comfortable tomorrow among the nice "middle class twonks" (copyright, ITTV) that make up the Charlton fan base. But I don't think he's an emotional guy when it comes to business decisions. So personally I stick to the opinion that RD will feel more able to invest in us when Staprix NV, which includes Standard, is doing better, not worse.)
  • Options

normally I think the Appleton picture is boring but this was a Genuine LOL moment
  • Options

still can't work out whether things going bad at Standard is better or worse for us?

Out of interest, RD has an interest in 6 clubs. Are we the only ones currently in a 'better place' since his involvement ?

Well, here is the latest round-up of network results (including a link to @defke blog) While we were not monitoring this time last year, since we'd never even heard of RD then, my feeling is that all the other clubs will feel they are doing better than at this time last year. Alcorcon are relatively the least successful but they were on the edge of the relegation zone last season, and have a nice new stand to boast of.

We might feel that RD will feel emotionally more comfortable tomorrow among the nice "middle class twonks" (copyright, ITTV) that make up the Charlton fan base. But I don't think he's an emotional guy when it comes to business decisions. So personally I stick to the opinion that RD will feel more able to invest in us when Staprix NV, which includes Standard, is doing better, not worse.)
    ok because we are a team that must allways play for title - al other teams were in deep shit - when charlton plays in the first and than you play so and you see what happens with you're team - you gonna also think twice

• Options
    and if charlton goes to the first directly 300mil€ in the pocket and if you stay there for one year how many you think - i think 600 mil€ that's 900 mil€ in 2 years - tjing tjing in rd his eyes
  • Options
    defke said:

and if charlton goes to the first directly 300mil€ in the pocket and if you stay there for one year how many you think - i think 600 mil€ that's 900 mil€ in 2 years - tjing tjing in rd his eyes

Not sure of the exact figure for the Prem, but I would be surprised if a team like Charlton were to get 300 euros, although it would be a significant amount over and above what we have earned ever before. I am sure others will enlighten us, but we should not forget also the costs of getting to the Prem. It is very unlikely that RD will get us to the so called promised land without coughing up significantly more money and once we got there, we would be spending a further significant amount in wages and transfer fees to at least have a hope of staying there.

It is also not news that RD would be looking to make money out of any of his clubs as a whole as he has never purported to be a benevolent owner.
  • Options
    defke said:

My personal view is that, in the real world, if he can get us promoted to the Premier League, it wouldn't surprise me if he takes some money out, but those figures are way too high. I wouldn't blame him, either, given the money he's put in to keep us afloat and make us capable of promotion.
  • Options
    question to all charlton fans - have you also a vote in the participation of the club
  • Options
    Palace got arround £125million for winning the play offs so quite possible to get €300 based on tv money too
  • Options
    doesn't surprise me that it appears he isn't propping up Leige anymore, after all isn't he trying to sell them anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    sammy391 said:

Palace got arround £125million for winning the play offs so quite possible to get €300 based on tv money too

I think the £125m IS the TV money, i.e. guaranteed PL income plus parachute payments over the four following seasons. On top of that the ticket receipts might be circa £10m for a year in the PL (compared to about half that or less in the Championship) and there's maybe a couple of £m in sponsorship etc, but even allowing for conversion to Euros nothing like €300m.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

doesn't surprise me that it appears he isn't propping up Leige anymore, after all isn't he trying to sell them anyway?

Recent events have probably not helped the club's market value. Off the field, but far more so on the field.

Only last Jan or Feb, they were 10 pts clear at the top of the JPL regular season. Now they'd probably have to win every one of the games left in the 30 game regular season to finish top.
  • Options
    Standard Watch: Armed break - in at Standard Liege ground. Money taken (assumed gate receipts). One person taken to hospital.

From @belgofoot‌ on Twitter
  • Options
    Yup they got attacked this morning with machine guns and the revenues from yesterday were stolen
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Mon 20/10/2014 - 14:49 MB Three masked men armed with Kalashnikovs robbed the ticket office at Standard de Liège’s football ground on Monday morning. The club’s spokesman Olivier Smeets told the press agency Belga it was not yet clear how much money the gangsters had taken. The armed robbery took place at around 10:30AM at the stadium in the Sclessin area of the city.

The armed raiders threatened 15 staff that were working in an office inside the stadium.

One of the raiders violently attacked a member of the catering staff dragging her by the hair. “As they were masked we thought at first that that they might have been angry supporters. However they then produced weapons”, Mr Smeets told Belga.

Two of the gangsters made their way through the club shop to a room that contains safes. There they threatened staff some of whom hid under their desks. One person was forced to open the safes.

The gangsters made their getaway in an Audi car that was later found burned out a few kilometres in the Sart-Tilman area of Liège.

One person was taken to hospital suffering from shock.

deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/sports/141020_Armed-raid-Standard
  • Options
    Blimey, they weren't sure if it was an angry supporter until they got the gun out....shows how angry they must be!

Feel sorry for the workers.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. He'll feel more secure selling Standard and buying Shaktar Donetsk. Seriously, if we win tomorrow while he is there, maybe he will really start to ask himself if he wants to go back to all that aggravation.
  • Options
    RD get some loan players in.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Blimey, they weren't sure if it was an angry supporter until they got the gun out....shows how angry they must be!

Feel sorry for the workers.

who says that everything now is negatif for liege