Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Since they are top of the RD model, is anyone showing an interest in how they are doing?
10 point lead in the pro league. Won 4-0 yesterday. Watched a bit, they play some really nice football.
Israeli coach.
Would love to see us emulating them in the future.

Comments

• I think we'll eventually get to that point, they've gone through tough times to get to where they are, we may get to get that into our heads as they clearly play how he wants to play, this is what Reza and adjarevic clearly fit into, we will eventually play good football as he'll get the players in to do so. HOPEFULLY!!!!
  • You won't have long to wait mate, and yes do follow them a bit as well
  • Not disagreeing but I thought their coach was Israeli?
  • They can't be that good as I have never seen them in the champions league
  • Not disagreeing but I thought their coach was Israeli?

Fixed. Duh.
  • They don't win the title if they finish top due to the leagues complex play off system at the end of the season.
  • They don't win the title if they finish top due to the leagues complex play off system at the end of the season.

How does that work, then?

If you're top at the end of the season, surely you're entitled to be Champions of your league/division.
  • MSE7 said:

They can't be that good as I have never seen them in the champions league

I guess that means Charlton weren't ever that good under Curbishley? Never even got into Europa Cup let alone Champions League....
  • Simonsen said:

MSE7 said:

I guess that means Charlton weren't ever that good under Curbishley? Never even got into Europa Cup let alone Champions League....
    Yeah, we were crap.
  • After teams play each other twice the league splits into 3 groups. Points won up to the split count as half the total and they play each team in their group twice more. Usual points are awarded and added to the half points earned earlier in the year. This final table then confirms champions league tables and "league champions".

I think that's right anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:

MSE7 said:

I wasn't talking about Charlton.
  • Since they are top of the RD model, is anyone showing an interest in how they are doing?
    10 point lead in the pro league. Won 4-0 yesterday. Watched a bit, they play some really nice football.
    Israeli coach.
    Would love to see us emulating them in the future.

:) the only thing I'd say about that at the moment is we'd need a new pitch lol
  • beating St Etienne 1-0 in a friendly
  • Final score?
  • RSL make their debut in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round vs Panathinaikos on 29 July (home) and 5 Aug (away). Those are Tuesdays, although Soccerway says they're playing on the Mondays.

Panathinaikos were 2nd after play-offs in Greece and won their cup last season.

Soccerway says their Belgian Pro League season kicks off next Fri 25 July. They have a busy start and may have played 6 JPL and 4 Champions League qualifiers by end of August (unless a couple of JPL games are re-arranged, although they don't actually clash).
  • Was 1-0 down today, almost 2 but Kortrijk missed a penalty
    Ajdarevic made it 1-1 then Standard went 2-1 up
    Kortrijk then made it 2-2
    but on the 89th Minute Standard got a penalty and scored to win 3-2
    2 Games 2 wins and top of the table

their next game is on the 10th home to Gent

Thanks for that Paulie

If I remember right, Kortrijk is the team of our friend @byl‌

• funny how we all follow belgian footie too now... i went straight to their jupiler league as soon as i had checked through everything related to us today.
  • Sponsored links:

Thanks for that Paulie

It's my team as well.

• Nice goal by AA yesterday
  • dominiek said:

Was 1-0 down today, almost 2 but Kortrijk missed a penalty

Thanks for that Paulie

It's my team as well.

May have been you I was thinking of, @dominiek. And you are our friend too :-)

Mind you I may have now unintentionally offended @byl....
  • Kortrijk is definately NOT my team.

Standard de Liège played with a B-squad actually; they rested 7-8 players for the return lag in the CL-qualis against panathinaikos next week.
  • Very sorry @byl. Remind us please, which is your team?
  • Very sorry @byl. Remind us please, which is your team?

@byl , if i remember correctly he is a Lierse fan
  • edited August 2014
    Do we think Charlton might have any more recruits from Liege?

I notice Fredric Bulot who we were linked earlier in the summer hasn't played so far for Liege and didn't even make the bench for the last two games.
  • I think they need to get their Panathinaikos game out of the way before they finalise squad plans. At that stage they mightvloan out one or two?
  • Bulot maybe, gifted feet, decent pace - dont know why he cant get in their squad
  • byl said:

Kortrijk is definately NOT my team.

Standard de Liège played with a B-squad actually; they rested 7-8 players for the return lag in the CL-qualis against panathinaikos next week.

Is that why AA was playing? Or he is likely to a starter now?