Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Davis Cup

Come on James Ward!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB 2-0 up if Murray wins his next singles we're in the quarter finals!
  • Options
    Furry cup
  • Options
    Fantastic, to think we weren't even in the top group very recently.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB 2-0 up if Murray wins his next singles we're in the quarter finals!

5-3 up in 1st set = Brit.
    4-2 down in tie break 1st set = Scot.
  • Options
    Back to being a Brit, 1st set GB 7-6
  • Options
    Bl@@dy Scot 1 set all 6-7
  • Options
    I'd say he's living in Berwick on Tweed at the moment

:-)
  • Options
    Cor luv a duck gawd blimey that Andy Murray's a cockney gent!
  • Options
    Not over till the fat lady sings...................living in Luton at the moment.
  • Options
    We won now Italy away in the quarters. Great stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was score in the dead rubber?
  • Options

jeez that is a big team, I thought there were only 3 players, cant imagine the ginger/slaphead chubsie front left being too good, he is clearly on the wrong thread.
  • Options
    Historic.
    GB could win this.
  • Options
    Well done.
    Not sure we can win it with Jamie ward as number two though.

Got the flag back to front.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

jeez that is a big team, I thought there were only 3 players, cant imagine the ginger/slaphead chubsie front left being too good, he is clearly on the wrong thread.
    The "chubsie" is Matt Little who is part of Andy Murray's fitness team and a Charlton Athletic fan too apparently.

The dead rubber wasn't played as the captains can now mutually agree not to play it in certain specified circumstances. (Don't ask me what they are!)

EDIT: On second thoughts Matt might be the bloke holding the box of balls far right as you look. The rest of the info is correct though.
  • Options
    Italy in the next round might be winnable, but it would then look likely to be Switzerland (Federer and Wawrinka) in the semi-final - tricky...!
  • Options
    Come on Murray!

See Seppi off!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Come on Murray keep your bottle!

Quality tennis on right now. Murray v Fognini. If Murray digs out a victory GB are in the semis.

At the moment he is like Charlton in quarter finals!

• Options
    Murray lost the first set :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray lost the second set
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Just needs to hang there for this set. If he can then hit a 6 game winning streak it can all turn around. Got to put some pressure on the Italian on his serve. The Italian is very quick around the court,

That Italian hooter is irritating.
  • Options
    Tough...
  • Options
    All over.

Only hope now is a miracle from James Ward.

I don't see it on clay.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Murray lost. The Italian played well and he got some luck at vital points. But also for Murray too much to get a stomach bug, on his least favourite surface then have to play Seppi and a doubles on the same day was too much.

I think there is a whole lots of gamesmanship going on. The spilling the rain on the covers onto the court was opportunisitic and led to Andy Murray having to play twice on Saturday. I would like to know where Murray got his stomach bug from, in Italy after eating something dodgy ?

Great shots and very quick around the court from the Italian. The drop shots were very good. The Italian deserved to win in the match.

I am finding John Lloyd irritating.

A big ask for James Ward as Seppi was very consistent yesterday. Stranger things have happened, he did beat the American guy last round.
  • Options
    On reflection it may have been a tactical mistake to play Murray in the Doubles. It is easy to say with hindsight. The real problem is the lack of strength in depth in British Tennis. I do like James Ward though, he is a trier and keeps going. 3-4, well done on breaking serve (first set).

Seppi may not react well to the pressure.
  • Options
    vff said:

On reflection it may have been a tactical mistake to play Murray in the Doubles. It is easy to say with hindsight. The real problem is the lack of strength in depth in British Tennis. I do like James Ward though, he is a trier and keeps going. 3-4, well done on breaking serve (first set).

Seppi may not react well to the pressure.

I disagree.

Ward gives his all and I like him but statistically he is ranked 100 places or more below the Italians. The key games were therefore Murray's two singles and the doubles to give ourselves the best chance. Fognini was exceptionally good rather than Murray bad in my view and you cannot legislate for that.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Though the Italian may have beaten Murray if he was not sick and knackered but at least it would have been a lot closer with fewer errors from Murray. The home advantage in Davis Cup really makes a difference with the choice of surface and crowd. I do prefer clay court tennis to the other surfaces, even though it has not helped the British team on this occassion.

No argument about the lack of strength of depth in British tennis though. If there was a stronger doubles pairing then Murray would not have had to play. Murray sitting in the stands looks really off colour and in need of a good kip. The fact that Murray had to play in the doubles shows that the coach is playing a weak hand.

Seppi 2 sets up.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What a CRAP sporting weekend this is turning out to be...Ulster lost the rugby, women lost the cricket etc etc.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014
    Jamie Ward unfortunately showing how he is 163 in the world.

Doesn't give up though, that is a likeable and good quality.