Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Bent

He had an absolute shocker of a game. Couldn't pass it 10 yards, didn't look interested in the hard work, got in other players' way..... but then got one chance from the spot and finished superbly. As Pardew said, probably his worst game ever in a Charlton shirt. But who cares!!!!

Comments

• As long as we get the 3 points could not care how we play
  • Call for Alan Pardew resignation....3 points are not good enough....we demand entertaining football at all times! [smileythingy]
  • Nobody could claim DB was great yesterday but the guy is carrying an injury!

I think he was there to rally the fans as much as anything.
  • I don't think he has trained much since the Newcastle match.
  • you ain't the bloke sitting 3 rows behind me who fucking moaned constantlly at Bent. I mean is he not entitle to a quiet game now and again he has been on and off the treatment table. Jeez
  • I thought he had a shocker too but assumed cos of his injury. Lets hope he can keep carrying it - no let up now with breaks between football. I was in no doubt he would stick that away... tho I did watch from behind me happy clapper.

Will he be pissed with Pardew for saying that tho in his interview?

JUst settling in front of telly to watch goals on sunday. Wigan players on the sofa.
  • The thing is that those sorts of games are always going to be really hard for any player like Bent, who relishes using his pace and movement to get behind defences, to play in. Wigan's centre havles, DeZeeuw and Hall are decent players and they close the space down so well that its really tough for Bent to get space by coming deep either. I really feel that Bent's value could come in the three remaining away games when ZZ might be able to spring him in a few times behind a home back four that have pushed on a bit. Yesterday would have been ideal for a DiCanio type player who could produce a dribbles or cute pass to unlock a packed defence.
  • Agree that Bent was poor (and Pards said his worse game for Charlton) but wouldn't fault his effort.

Even the penalty was at a poor height and nearly allowed the keeper to save it but the power Bent puts into his shot meant it went in anyway.

But he's entitled to the odd poor game considering the number of good ones he's had. A but more fitness and the rest of the team firing as well, who knows. roll on Man City.
  • Agree that DB was poor but when his only service comes from hopeful (or should that be hopeless) long punts from the back, what do you expect?
  • not his greatest game but i would've preferred him to run the ball in injury time into the corner flag rather than the misplaced pass to m bent which allowed them to break and cause a few more heart attacks