Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• I'm actually excited.
  • edited January 2014
    The only thing that concerns me slightly is the fact that the Dutch 2nd division is a far cry from the Championship. Will Polish Pete be our saviour or will he end up like Smith (excelling at lower league level but never really getting a look in in the Champ)
  • 4 years must mean we believe in him or Roland does. Championship is a tough league though
  • This guy looks very, very good. Fingers crossed. Wikipedia seems very confident that he has signed for us today.
  • Wasn't West Ham looking at him must have something about him or am I wrong about the West Ham bit?
  • Trying to ignore the fact his goals have came against poor opposition. No one would have expected Charlie Austin to be as good as he is now when he was at Poole Town.
  • His recruitment from lowly origins and no exposure to English game makes Smith's sale even more unfathomable.
  • i think yann is staying you know.
  • Parzyszek and kermorgant would be a very good partnership.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think yann is staying you know.

I don't know if he is, but just imagine what would happen if he did. Yann, Reza, this chap and the french kid whose name slips my mind right now... we'd have gone from one decent striker to a potentially lethal strike force over a few days! Of course it would mean that Church would not get as much game time, which is a deeply, truly upsetting thought to so many fans...
  • What I do not get it is that if the Dutch League 2 is the Equivalent of L1/L2 here then why did we sell Smith???!
  • What I do not get it is that if the Dutch League 2 is the Equivalent of L1/L2 here then why did we sell Smith???!

I knew we would have someone say this

I would waver a few quid that this lad is better than smudger will ever be
  • Because they think this player is better and has more potential I would imagine.
  • Scored more goals too.
  • Smith did well but needs to play. We can't afford to start him every match, Swindon can.
  • Just watched the video. Can see why we are all impressed. However a lot of those goals were from shots parried by the keeper or blocked by defenders. Can anyone tell me where those shots will come from from our current shot shy bunch?
  • Can't believe he gone for 700k. Times have definitely changed when look at football league transfers and think that's a shit load. Seems like only yesterday when my eyelids didn't bat when we were spunking 1m on McLeod.
  • Just watched the video. Can see why we are all impressed. However a lot of those goals were from shots parried by the keeper or blocked by defenders. Can anyone tell me where those shots will come from from our current shot shy bunch?

reza maybe!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks the real deal
  • Journalists on twitter are saying he turned down Benfica to join us. They couldn't believe it.. Must have something about him if Benfica were after him
  • edited January 2014
    We are in London, it's a great chance to play football a level higher then he is now, he will get his chance and will have a point to prove, he is young and wants to develop. Playing for us could help him with the polish set up as well

Benfica all he will be is a bench warmer

Here he can make a name for himself.

Piotr Parzyszek

Remember this name, I have a great feeling about him,
  • For every alfonso alves there is a luiz suarez.

National side is pretty good as well. Could he be our Lewandowski?
  • For every alfonso alves there is a luiz suarez.

National side is pretty good as well. Could he be our Lewandowski?

I think it's "For every 100 Alfonso Alves there is one Luiz Suarez"

Also worth remembering they were scored in the Dutch second division. I was just listening to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast and they remarked on how many strikers that were prolific in the Eredivsie turned out to be turkeys once they got to the Premier League - Barry Glendenning referred to goals scored in Holland as Dog Goals - i.e. they're only worth a 1/4 of a goal scored in a top league.

I'm frankly amazed how quickly some people on here want to sell a proven talent like Yann on the strength that he'll be replaced by a 19 year old Pole who looks good on YouTube.

Everyone saying how strong our strike force will be in a couple of days, yet I doubt if half a percent of the people on here have ever seen these 3 strikers (Reza, Pete and the French lad) play.

Not in any way writing any of them off. The YouTube clips hint at some talent, but so did Shizzle Mcleod's. I hope they come in and do great, but can't help thinking some people are being very easily seduced.

We're like a stray dog, we've been so starved of attention we'll wag our tail at anyone who shows the blind bit of interest in us. And we'll follow them home if they if they throw us the last bit of their sandwich.
    Fair point Exiled, but unless all three turn out to be totally useless there is a decent chance that even if any individual one of them does not match YK, between the three of them they may well do. It's not ideal by any means, but it's not a horror show just yet. Lest we forget, YK was languishing in obscurity before he came here, his goal record at Charlton is the best of his career, he was unproven in English football too - and older than any of these new arrivals besides. Let's not write them off before they've played!
  • 4 year contracts aren't given too often these days, so Roland must have a feeling he will be a success for us and therefore a prem club will want to sign him in one or two years meaning we will have a better pay day rather than all being scared our best players have four months left on contract and are going to leave for nothing.
  • edited January 2014
    Or pass him off to sl on loan if he is good and sl need him next season