Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Donny match thread 28/1/14

Off we go then everyone....usual stuff here teams are in-:

CHARLTON XI: Alnwick, Evina, Jackson (C), Morrison, Dervite, Stephens, Kermorgant, Church, Cousins, Wilson, Lennon
Charlton subs: Thuram-Ulien, Green, Sordell, Harriott, Wood, Pigott, Ajdarevic

So what do we make of that then?

COYR's

Comments

• Options
    Dale Dale Dale
  • Options
    ROVERS XI: Turnbull, Husband, Duffy, Brown, Sharp, Khumalo, Tamas, Keegan, Wellens (C), Meite, Coppinger
    ROVERS SUBS: Maxted, Quinn, Furman, Cotterill, De Val, Peterson, Stevens
  • Options

Dale Dale Dale

Yann Yann Yann
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Evina starts - but Lennon doubles up in front and behind him to cover for positional error?

Edit: forgot the Smiley :o)
  • Options
    3-5-2?
  • Options
    The good: Yann and Dale back
    The bad: That defense has never played together. Missing 3 starters.
  • Options
    Yanni are you ok. Are you ok yanni. Yanni are you ok. Are you ok yanni.
  • Options
    Yep looks like 3-5-2
  • Options
    reverse psychology.

CP has put them IN the team to throw all the whingeing gits on here off the scent.
  • Options
    I'm quite confused as to how that team is going to line up though, especially Lennon/Evina.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

3-5-2?

I guess so ....Morro, Dervite and Lennon across the back, Wilson and Evina wing backs.
  • Options
    Does Lennon play right back? Or are we sticking him cb with 5 in the midfield?
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited January 2014
    Evina left wing back, Lennon playing as one of the three centre halves.
  • Options
    Lennon CB with Morro and Dervite I'd have thought.
  • Options
    3-5=1 with lennon, morrison and DD playing at back
  • Options
    You can see why he wants to get a rb in. We have two left footed full backs. And Jacko is undroppable by the looks of things. By all accounts Astrit seems to have played well on Saturday. If it is 352 who is the third cb?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

3-5=1 with lennon, morrison and DD playing at back

Bloody hell. We must be short on bodies. Playing with 10 men from the start.
  • Options

I'm quite confused as to how that team is going to line up though, especially Lennon/Evina.

Maybe Lennon with Morrison and Dervite sweeping.
  • Options
    Looks like CP picks the team :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Yep probably 3-5-2, glad to see Alnwick deservedly keeps his starting place.

Cheers RM, Seth and anyone else who provides updates in advance.

I hope its on the radio somewhere to.
  • Options
    Or is cousins playing right back?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

3-5-2?

I guess so ....Morro, Dervite and Lennon across the back, Wilson and Evina wing backs.
    Or 442 with Evina in front of Lennon on the left and Stephens or Cousins tucked in on the right to allow Wilson to bomb on.

352 seems most likely though. Powell thinking outside the box - don't think anyone called that one! Nice one Chrissy, lets hope it works.

Brave to pick Lennon in such a big game, wonder what Wood has done wrong or has he just decided we need some pace at the back? Maybe he wants to play a higher line and try and go at Donny a bit more - hopefully!

• Options
    sorry meant 3-5-2
  • Options

It says powelly picks the team

I am sitting in a maternity unit 5 weeks before I should be as the wife is feeling the affects of an infection

Mum and baby getting better and fortunately right now the baby is still where it should be

So come on you reds make tonight a better night than the last shite 24 hrs I have had

Sorry to hear that NLA. Hope they are both recovering. Hope the boys can put a smile on your face.

• Options

It says powelly picks the team

I am sitting in a maternity unit 5 weeks before I should be as the wife is feeling the affects of an infection

Mum and baby getting better and fortunately right now the baby is still where it should be

So come on you reds make tonight a better night than the last shite 24 hrs I have had

quite right about Powell

... and all the best at the hospital mate
  • Options
    Why on earth wood he put Lennon at CB infront of Wood? Don't believe it is 3-5-2. That is more likely 4-4-2 with Cousins at RB.
  • Options
    Isn't Lennon normally a CB so 3-5-2 would bethe obvious fit? Also where is Morgan Fox?
  • Options
    I have said before that Jackson is considered undroppable but in a game like this I think you'd need leaders and it's clear he is. Hopefully if we go a goal or 2 up then Astrit can come on and help keep hold of the ball
  • Options
    Which formation are Donny playing - are we set up to match them?

Is that really Kevin Keegan in midfield for them?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!