Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Pleased with the signing, looks a good player and can only improve us. I have one issue though..............why the hell wasn't he 'sold' to us 3 weeks ago? Clearly he was never going to feature at Liege so i'm not sure why RD has waited so long to bring him here.

I can only assume that perhaps there was anticipated moves to and from Charlton that never occurred - had Kermorgant been linked so strongly with an exit sooner, I imagine that we would have made this signing earlier also. And with the signing of Nego, we've only just found out that Solly is pretty much out for a good while, thus accelerating what was perhaps merely interest at first (though not necessarily CP's of course.)

The others were loanees, so much less hassle I expect.
  • Is it just me, or does Reza look like Gary from Only Fools & Horses....?
  • Just call him GARY like in only fools and horses ;-)))
    gary.jpg 173.5K
  • Lol just seen someone beat me to it
  • Assallam Alikum Ressa

• edited January 2014

Assallam Alikum Ressa

Persian is Iranian language
    We are not Arabs!

• CAFCsayer said:

We're calling him Dave,
    We're calling him Daaaaaaaaave,
    Reza Ghoochannejhad,
    We're calling him Dave!

I've been singing this all afternoon !
    Invented by Brentford for Diagourra adopted br Chelski foe Azpolqualeta. No thanks (please excuse spelling)
  • took me hours spelling that as well !
  • He looks good in the videos on YouTube, certainly knows where the net is
  • sJaguar said:

Assallam Alikum Ressa

We are not Arabs!

Iranians are very sensitive about this kind of thing, a bit like mixing up a Canadian with Americans and Kiwis with Aussies.

• Sponsored links:

• vff said:

sJaguar said:

Assallam Alikum Ressa

We are not Arabs!

Iranians are very sensitive about this kind of thing, a bit like mixing up a Canadian with Americans and Kiwis with Aussies.

And English with Scottish ;-)
  • Wow! I watched the highlights of that Korea - Iran game on Football Asia with my sons and when that winning goal from Reza went in we were all saying, "Wow, what a great finish, he must be a decent player!"

Would never have thought in a million years we'd be signing the bloke.

Let's be honest here, South Korea - as they have proved over the last decade - are no mugs so anyone who is the best player of a team that can beat them in qualification must have something about him.

Absolutely intriguing.

It certainly is, could be an interesting future ...can Chris mesh all these players together? He managed it before so fingers crossed.
  • edited January 2014

Assallam Alikum Ressa

They speak Parsi in Iran GoonerH.

Edit: Beaten to it by about 20 minutes.
  • Good post, Dralec. Good insight.
  • edited January 2014
    Dralec said:

Hey guys, I am soccer fan via Los Angeles…. just a bit about Reza aka Gucci.

He was born in Iran but raised in Holland.

Started playing in Dutch youth league and moved up amongst ranks. Played for Netherlands U19 team but would not have gotten a call up to senior team.

His best years were 2011-2013 at Belgian second division club St. Truiden where he scored 18 goals in 31 matches (league and cup). (Had a knee injury and was out of action for about 6 months)

He was signed up by Standard at winter transfer window and loaned back to St. Truiden till beginning of 2013 season, however by then Standard had brought in a new manager who brought 3 players including 2 forwards from his previous club. Gucci was pushed down the bench and since Standard was on top of the league he really never got a chance to break into the squad. It was generally expected he would be leaving at the winter transfer window and apparently had offers from teams in Belgium and Holland but wanted to move on to a new league.

In March 2012 he was called up to Iranian national team by Iran manager Carols Queiroz…yes that Queiroz, long time No 2 man at Man U and former manager of Real Madrid and Portugal .

His best streak came during the final 3 WCQ matches June 4 – 18 when he scored 3 goals in 3 matches, including two 1-0 victories leading Iran to top of their group and into the World Cup.

His best friend and fellow Iranian International is Fulham’s winger Ashkan Dejagah. Dejagah’s presence in London will be an immense help for Gucci.

Overall he has had solid schooling in Dutch youth system; he is hard worker and is coachable, gets along with fellow players and does not cause any problems in locker room. He is confident in front of the goal and a solid finisher who can handle pressure well.

Belgian league is coming off a 6 week winter break; he is not carrying any injuries. I think realistically if he can get 50-60 minutes per match he is capable of scoring 8-10 goals the reminder of this season assuming you got players who can feed him the ball up front.

Don’t think he will be a bust.

Best of luck to your club lads, hope he can contribute and help keep Charlton in Championship

Gucci is that you?

Gettin in the excuses already as you know we all agree that our midfield can't play with their own balls let alone a through ball?

But seriously thanks for the information. Really looking forward to see what he and the new foreign players can achieve in the short term as well as long.
  • Hey everyone,

Another Iranian here bombarding your thread. I'm really excited to watch Charlton's matches now and I hope Gucci does well. Let's hope they stay out of the relegation zone!

Feel free to discuss Reza's progress on our PFDC forums. We've had Dutch NEC Nijmegen fans doing the same on Jahanbakhsh's page.

Looking forward to the games!
  • Am I the only one who finds it funny that a man who played for a club called "Go Ahead Eagles" is now supposedly going to save us? :P
  • Sponsored links:

• Does Iranian TV broadcast many/any matches from the UK - might be a few more streams available now I guess for us exiles...
  • Dejagh is top drawer. great player. I hope these two lads have fun in London and settle in
  • Oakster said:

Does Iranian TV broadcast many/any matches from the UK - might be a few more streams available now I guess for us exiles...

Well it could mean El Jeezerah (and their new sports entity beIN sports) start doing some of our games. That would be great for the exiles!!! Here is hoping
  • edited January 2014
    You won't be calling him anything if his is anything like Hairy Bagerhi
  • Gary Gucci? That sounds like a character from O.F.A.H! I can imagine Del boy buying a lorry load of shoes from him in the Nags head!!!
  • edited January 2014
    Lol stop trying to sway off what I was saying and make an issue out of nothing.

I was referring to the fact that bagerhi never played for us, well one game.

Hence you might not get to sing anything about him?

So I really don't know where you are going with this? Please enlighten me?
  • edited January 2014
    Nah all good if u didnt mean no harm.

• No worries, Reza is a player that will play for us I am sure. He is a actually a very decent player from what I have seen. He has serious pace and can run with a ball stuck to his feet like messi.