Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    Oakster said:

I remember the Bagheri signing well - it was met with near euphoria from Iranians in London & beyond - he was the greatest thing since sliced bread etc etc etc

Played 45 minutes at Portman Road & that was it.

Proud to say i was there that day, i thought he actually looked quite decent................but he never played again!
  • Options
    A good player, skillfull and can score goals. May lack match fitness, but was a real prospect few years back. I rate him very highly still, just has a better player in front of him at Liege. He would be the ideal strike partner for Kermo...
  • Options
    Won't be fit for a whole match for at least a month.
  • Options
    hasnt played for months apparently??????????????????????????????
  • Options
    Oh Gucci Gucciiiiiii

Gucci Gucci Gucci Gucci.....hannejhad
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    His last game was 28 Nov, so yes, he hasn't played for 2 months.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Won't be fit for a whole match for at least a month.

Why? If he's training with the first team and playing reserves, should be match fit maybe not sharp. I don't believe he's carrying injury, just their other strikers are very effective.

• Options
    He's apparently played really well for the Iranian national team, 6 goals in 6 consecuteive important matches. He's been a big part of Iran's qualification to the World Cup :)
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

He's apparently played really well for the Iranian national team, 6 goals in 6 consecuteive important matches. He's been a big part of Iran's qualification to the World Cup :)

And Qualifying for the Asian Cup as well
  • Options
    So with this and Parzysek looks like goobye to Kermy. Glad to be seeing new blood and I hope the sadness at seeing Kermogant leave doesn't overshadow their welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where is it condirmed?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Really don't see good coming out of these signings from SL. We lose team spirit, our key men and our manager. And for what?

How do you know we lose team spirit? Reza might be a right laugh
  • Options
    Trouble is these guys arent all coming in from different clubs... Four of our five newbies already know and have played together
  • Options
    We've a world cup player!

Who's group are Iran in and where can I buy a shirt : - )
  • Options

We've a world cup player!

Who's group are Iran in and where can I buy a shirt : - )

Could be an international strike force at wigan .... iran and ......... wales :-(
  • Options

Babak Golriz ‏@BabakGolriz 1h

Interesting. Iran international @gh_reza joins Charlton. He's a poacher with good finishing. Best striker since Daei. Could be a surprise
  • Options
    I have seen the Iranian club teams on TV playing in the Asian Champions League, they have some very fine technical players, really skilful - but that's very different to English football.
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: DONE DEAL: Charlton have completed the signing of @gh_reza --> http://t.co/jpg2CWQLky #cafc http://t.co/Es4GqKSSP0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been talking to an anglo-iranian workmate. When I said we've signed Goochy his reaction was positive and I mean VERY positive.
    Goochy is a real hero in Iran, apparently, and my mate was, to be honest, surprised that he'd gone to us as he thought he would have aimed higher.

Incidentally, he reckons the name is pronounced like they are two words -
    i.e. Ghoochan and Nejhad
    and that the 'jh' is like the 'ch' in 'loch', but the 'Gh' at the beginning is a bit harder, so more like a cross between a 'ch' from 'loch' and a 'K'.

I said we'll probably just call him Goochy and my mate thought that was fair enough!
  • Options
    Welcome Reza! Peace be upon you.
  • Options
    The big question is where all this leaves Danny Green.
  • Options
    Still a useful impact sub I would guess
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well there is a fair bit of useful discussion on him on this Persian Football forum: persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?108303-Reza-Ghoochannejhad-Standard-Li%E8ge-2013-14-Season/page78

Edit - they're also talking about Seb Lewis and the worm, amazing!!
  • Options
    Don't post the link Tom

Nathan will be all over that site like a plague

8)
  • Options
    We're calling him Daaaaaaaaaave
  • Options
    Seb is such a legend! Persian website!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well there is a fair bit of useful discussion on him on this Persian Football forum: persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?108303-Reza-Ghoochannejhad-Standard-Li%E8ge-2013-14-Season/page78

Edit - they're also talking about Seb Lewis and the worm, amazing!!

Quote from persianfootball.com

Charlton Athletic has scored the LEAST number of goals than any team in the Championship, just 22 goals in 24 games! Even Mes Kerman would be embarrassed by such a statistic. Their two leading scorers are a 32 yr old Frenchman named Yan Kermogant (5 goals in 22 games) and some Welch dude named Simon Church (4 goals in 26 appearances).

The reason I bring all that up is to demonstrate the point that Reza could be the missing piece of the puzzle. He has an outstanding opportunity ahead of him to provide a goal-scoring touch that the team is in desperate need of. If he can seize his moment and score goals consistently for Charlton in the manner he has for TM, we will undoubtedly make a name for himself in England and set himself up for a great World Cup.

And as we all know, when Reza gets playing time ... all he does is score goals.