Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loic Nego - Hungarian international now (p7)

Comments

• Options
    I'd bet Scunthorpe are looking forward to playing against him.
  • Options

It's on Twitter and it will be on here soon... people are rubbishing him off already. This transfer hasn't even been confirmed for more than 5 minutes yet!!

Here is why it is a good signing:
    Solly is injured... Wilson has been filling in at RB.. Wilson is a RM, not a RB.. Stephens/Cousins have been filling in at RM whilst Wilson is at RB.. They are not RM's.

This move means that we will have a natural RB in Nego and a natural RM in Wilson.

He was obviously cheap and he is still young. Let's wait before we start slagging him off and slagging the board off on this occasion as well.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Added to that, a lot will say he isn't as good as Solly, before he kicks a ball.

Added to the fact that Wilson is suspended.

Give the poor guy a chance.
  • Options
    3.5 years undisclosed fee. Hmm, I see how this RD things works. How much did Charlton get for Smith ? Great being part of the RD empire. Like a great big profit / tax write off thing, bringing in an asset that he says is x and sell it to another part of the empire to eat up some profit. Transfer some value to Upjest.

Played 15 games in 5 years, none for Liege, none for Roma and 4 for Upjest and is back up right back for an equivalent English lower league one / upper league 2 equivalent strength team. It is stretching it in the extreme to say that this is a replacement right back position. Back up for League One / Two team maybe. Apologies for disturbing the daydream but this move is unlikely to benefit Charlton.

Its all opinion and those trying to convince themselves that this is good move but my opinion that this is not whats needed.

Who is the current Under 21 Charlton right back. They are surely worth a shout first ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Surprised at the length of the contract - does anyone know how long the deal he had with Ujpest was? If it was a 4 year deal it sounds like we may just be effectively taking over his contract.

Anyway, welcome Loic - lets hope you are the opposite of the last promising young french right back - i.e. you arrive with less reputation but actually turn out to be a decent player.

Straight into the team on Saturday I would imagine as we have Solly crocked and Wilson suspended.
  • Options
    Poor bastard.
  • Options
    Poor little lamb thrown to the slaughter if they play him on Saturday. I can't see it. Surely there's a better Under 21 right back can step up ?
  • Options
    Looks a genuine prospect.

He will get an early chance to prove himself and I will be genuinely hoping he does well.

only another 4 needed.
  • Options
    Welcome Loic.

Amazing how we managed to have a 3 and a half year deal for someone who may not work out for us, when we weren't even willing to provide a decen deal for our best player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Who is the current Under 21 Charlton right back. They are surely worth a shout first ?

No probably not. Harry Osborne was converted from centre back and has recently been on loan at Sutton Utd in the Conference South.

Ollie Muldoon, a midfielder, has also played there.
  • Options
    The fella has played a grand sum of 17 games at the age of 23, we give him a 3 1/2 year contract.
    Would have thought a loan of 12 months for other players, but of course this is not a Powell signing.
  • Options
    I imagine this is the contract that was taken over from Roma, and passed in between RD's clubs. He may be in Spain next season... hopefully he's a revelation for us.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Welcome Loic.

Amazing how we managed to have a 3 and a half year deal for someone who may not work out for us, when we weren't even willing to provide a decen deal for our best player.

You have absolutely no idea what deal was offered to Yann!

Best of luck to the new lad - hopefully he can make his mark here
  • Options
    Why!?
  • Options
    Welcome Loic, and we all hope that you have a great career at Charlton.

Let's get behind the new recruit guys. He's more likely to settle in quickly and play well if he knows we are on his side. We need him to help pull us up out of the relegation spaces.
  • Options
    Welcome to Loic. Can't blame him for the circumstances around the move so good luck and let's judge him on how he plays.

It is a position that needs cover/a player so in that sense it makes sense.

In any other sense it is very strange.

• Options
    RB cover has long been needed - we have mixed and made do for 2yrs. Morrison is not comfortable at RB. Hughes has been injured and his best fullback years are long gone. Using Wilson to cover is the same mistake Parkinson made using Jackson as LB cover. Any injury to Solly means you impact two positions putting both players under pressure.

I always thought the cover was already on the staff - I appreciate Cousins has slotted in well in midfield but his primary position has been as a defender - so I still think his best position is RB.

Playing natural defenders in midfield can work but puts a great deal of creative pressure on others. It is a big ask for an inexperienced young player to provide a platform for the other front 5 to play from.

I wish Loic well - may he have the desire and ability to seize this new opportunity.

• Options
    So you sell players to English teams then take that money out of the country to your other bank accounts. Come on you city types out there how does this work?
  • Options
    vff said:

3.5 years undisclosed fee. Hmm, I see how this RD things works. How much did Charlton get for Smith ? Great being part of the RD empire. Like a great big profit / tax write off thing, bringing in an asset that he says is x and sell it to another part of the empire to eat up some profit. Transfer some value to Upjest.

Played 15 games in 5 years, none for Liege, none for Roma and 4 for Upjest and is back up right back for an equivalent English lower league one / upper league 2 equivalent strength team. It is stretching it in the extreme to say that this is a replacement right back position. Back up for League One / Two team maybe. Apologies for disturbing the daydream but this move is unlikely to benefit Charlton.

Its all opinion and those trying to convince themselves that this is good move but my opinion that this is not whats needed.

Why, cos they're ours? Nope. Roma liked the look of this guy, our U21 RB has not made waves, Solly-style. This move may very well benefit Charlton, he'll have a point to prove and an opportunity to do it. It's welcome aboard Loic from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    I hope that this guy turns out to be good.

Really, 23 and 23 senior games FFS. 3.5 years is a long contract for someone that the current manager knows nothing about. We have no idea if he is any good or not, so why a long contract and not a loan ? Maybe another manager / person running the team likes the look of him and we will get to see who that is sooner rather than later (if that is someone other than RD that is).
  • Options
    Just out I interest Vff, who is our U21 right back? Why would he necessarily deserve a chance ahead of the new recruit?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Scoham said:

vff said:

No probably not. Harry Osborne was converted from centre back and has recently been on loan at Sutton Utd in the Conference South.

Ollie Muldoon, a midfielder, has also played there.
    @RugbyAddick According to Scoham he wouldn't and that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    Some of the comments here are unreal....give the boy a chance. Welcome Loic.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

So you sell players to English teams then take that money out of the country to your other bank accounts. Come on you city types out there how does this work?

No. At very least, he paid £20m for the club, so he could not make money by any kind of tax dodge, in this way, (even assuming that it is possible) unless the club sells players worth several times £20m. If his business plan is that our first team can be sold for several times £20m in the foreseeable future then he is quite a gambler/mad. This is a myth.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Some of the comments here are unreal....give the boy a chance. Welcome Loic.

Some of the people on here are unreal... Welcome Loic

• Options
    I'm sure he will be better than our last French right back.....
  • Options
    vff said:

Harry Osbourne I think, nominally a CB but playing out of position. Understandable for development to play in different positions, not so in a relagation struggle.
  • Options
    A big welcome to Loic. It puzzles me, however, that he has made so few appearances for his previous club. Hope that's not due to an attitude problem of the type we've seen before in some cases. With all our usual RBs unavailable, looks like he'll be straight in the starting eleven. Let's hope he's made of the right stuff!
  • Options
    Please can we sing this....

Our number 'x' is our new hero
    Been at roma is all you need know (or all we need to know)
    This could be the start of a goal
    So just watch him go
    Super loic nego
    Super loci nego