Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Huddersfield match thread FA Cup Rd 4 - 25/1/14

Afternoon all, so here we go again for the 3rd time with another trip to Huddersfield......so can it be 3rd time lucky this season for the addicks? With no new signings arriving this week (has Koc signed yet?), and Ben Hamer staying at home again (he has tweeted wishing the boys good luck today up at Huddersfield), is it likely to be a similar side to that CP put out against Oxford? We done do cups but a good cup run may help breed the confidence to help push us up the league!! I'll bring you teams as soon as I get them....COYR's!!!

Comments

• Options
    Emma is up at the game so I guess she will be on the commentary today.
  • Options
    You're starting early Red Mid!

Part of me hopes Powell rests a few key players ahead of Doncaster on Tuesday which is a huge game.
  • Options
    Afternoon Red. Many thanks in advance for the updates. A cup run would be nice but I'm not optimistic about today.
  • Options

You're starting early Red Mid!

Part of me hopes Powell rests a few key players ahead of Doncaster on Tuesday which is a huge game.

Yeah a little earlier than normal....and agree with you about the team...but we really could do with a cup run as well...it'll be interesting to see what CP does....maybe start with Sordell and have Yann on the bench?
  • Options
    Sitting in car in car park by stadium. It is chucking it down, windy and dark...hope their pitch is more waterproof than ours.
  • Options
    Got a feeling we'll win today
  • Options

Sitting in car in car park by stadium. It is chucking it down, windy and dark...hope their pitch is more waterproof than ours.

@WeegieAddick......hope its a good game for you.....huddersfield in the rain....cant think of much worse to be honest!!

• Options
    Dont expect to see the yannmeister today so for that reason think we will go out with a 2-0 defeat. Would love to get through and get one of the big boys though. Come on you addicks.
  • Options

Dont expect to see the yannmeister today so for that reason think we will go out with a 2-0 defeat. Would love to get through and get one of the big boys though. Come on you addicks.

What would be the point of playing Yann on Tuesday to get us through and then not playing him today?
    He will/must play.
  • Options
    Charlton: Alnwick, Wilson, Evina, Morrison, Dervite; Stephens, Jackson (c), Ajdarevic, Harriott; Church, Sordell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few changes there!!
  • Options
    Yann is leaving. I can't believe it
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Thuram-Ulien, Green, Wood, Cousins, Lennon, Cook, Pigott
  • Options
    No Yann today
  • Options
    No yann in squad.reckon he's off?
  • Options
    Thats a shocking team.
  • Options

What would be the point of playing Yann on Tuesday to get us through and then not playing him today?
    He will/must play.
    Not even on the bench.

Best we can hope for is 0-0 as that team ain't scoring a goal.

• Options
    edited January 2014

He will/must play.
    Wrong.
    Very disappointing not to have Yann as an option off the bench.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Why are people saying Yann is off?...I reckon he's being rested for the Donny game on Tuesday...not a bad thing in my opinion
  • Options
    That team doesn't back up CP's claim that he is taking the FA Cup seriously
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he would be at least on the bench.
  • Options
    (3-5-2): Smithies (c); Wallace, Gerrard, Smith; Dixon, Gobern, Clayton, Norwood, Hammill; Ward, Vaughan
  • Options
    subs Ian Bennett, Calum Woods, Sean Scannell, Jonathan Stead, Jordan Sinnott, Duane Holmes, Harry Bunn
  • Options
    Hope he isn't leaving, selling your best player whilst in a relegation scrap doesn't seem the smartest move
  • Options
    Just tweeted -: So the big news is a start for Astrit Ajdarevic today. For all you conspiracy theorists, Yann is here, but has been rested. #CAFCLive #cafc
  • Options

That team doesn't back up CP's claim that he is taking the FA Cup seriously

Taking it seriously but the league is far more important - we need Yann and Jordan on top form against Doncaster

• Options
    In the context of the squad and the game on Tuiesday, not a bad team, but best we can expect is a draw. Shame no Koc for comedy value!!
  • Options
    Probably alone on this but I'm pleased to see Sordell playing. I know he can score goals and fancy him to score today. Shame he isn't playing with Kermorgant but never mind
  • Options
    Afternoon Red. afternoon all. Match updates from the Huddersfield Town perspective from me.
    For anyone who can't access any commentary, and I understand it is available online in the UK via a BBC local broadcast, especially anybody relying on this thread overseas, many apologies in advance for my slowness and my typos.
    Travelling Addicks are heroes one and all, we merely report from the sidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!