Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Oxford FA cup 3rd round replay match thread 21/1/14

Good evening all, early start to the match thread with potential news that the addicks fifth choice keeper may start (according to some on twitter) due to Hamer still being injured, Alnwick still ill, Thuram being ineligible and Pope is on loan at York City!! How true that Dillion Phillips will start is pure conjecture, and if he does who's on the bench? Perhaps we wont bother with a back-up keeper on the bench unless @TCE has travelled up there!!! ;-)
We need to win this and hopefully put a cup run together and beat Huddersfield on Saturday, and I think we can do this but it wont be easy however 3-1 after a few scares to the Addicks...............I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them.................COYR's

Comments

• Options
    Well Hamer definitely isn't playing as he has just teeeted good luck to the lads at the Kasam.

Also a picture of the dressing room showing Jacskon, Morrison and Greens' shirts.
  • Options
    I'd like to think that on a better pitch, ironic given we are playing a side two leagues below us, that we should fare better than last time. 2-1 win, but not without its scary moments!
  • Options
    Good evening Red! 1-2 ! Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Ben alnwick is in goal
  • Options
    Team:

Alnwick, Wilson, Dervite, Morro, Evina, Green, Jacko, Stephens, Harriott, Kermorgant, Church.

(From the grainy picture on instagram)

• Options
    Seen a very faint picture on twitter team shows Alnwick in goal, Evina also playing, JJ, Morrow, Dervite, Green, Stevo, Church I cant make the rest out
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS - CHARLTON: Alnwick; Wilson, Evina, Morrison, Dervite; Green, Stephens, Jackson, Harriott; Church, Kermorgant
  • Options
    You'd hope the first half of the first game would be a wake up call to them.

Quite why they need waking up at HT, I don't know, but I seem to remember a lot of Curbs' sides did too.
  • Options
    Subs, from what I can see from the grainy picture:

Phillips, Wood, Lennon, Sordell, Piggott, Pritchard, Poyet
  • Options
    CHARLTON: Alnwick; Wilson, Evina, Morrison, Dervite; Green, Stephens, Jackson, Harriott; Church, Kermorgant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton subs: Phillips, Sordell, Pritchard, Wood, Lennon, Pigott, Poyet
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Phillips, Sordell, Pritchard, Wood, Lennon, Pigott, Poyet #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Good to see Sordell back fit
  • Options
    Sordell??? Thought he was out for weeks?
  • Options
    Glad to see Poyet on the bench. Hope he gets at least 20 mins
  • Options
    Cousins and Solly sold then

: - )

It that the first time Poyet has made the bench?

Strong-ish side. Missing Solly and Cousins plus the Liege players and Dervite for Wood but otherwise first choice. Assuming Solly and Cousins being rested
  • Options

Glad to see Poyet on the bench. Hope he gets at least 20 mins

Depends on the score I reckon... If we're 2-0 or 3-0 up towards the end then put him on for the last 10-15mins

Sordell??? Thought he was out for weeks?

Likewise... I've been one of his critics this season but well done to him for getting fit again so quickly (regardless of how bad the hamstring injury was)
  • Options

Team:

Alnwick, Wilson, Dervite, Morro, Evina, Green, Jacko, Stephens, Harriott, Kermorgant, Church.

Panic Over

Our 1st or 2nd or 3rd choice keeper is starting
  • Options
    Good to see 5 youngsters on the Bench....shows I think we have a great youth set up......or how poor the lack of depth in the first team squad is!! Which is it.....YOU decide!!! (In my best geordie accent!!)
  • Options
    Oxford United's team for this evening: Clarke, Hunt, Raynes, Wright, Newey, Davies, Mullins, Ruffels, Smalley, Constable, Rigg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    United Subs: Rose, Marsh, Long, Lynn, Shama, Bevans, O'Dowda
  • Options
    No Hughes on the bench, thought he may have started or at least make an appearance tonight.
  • Options

Good to see 5 youngsters on the Bench....shows I think we have a great youth set up......or how poor the lack of depth in the first team squad is!! Which is it.....YOU decide!!! (In my best geordie accent!!)

Four, surely.

bit of both i would say. Hope they get a game when we're 6 - 0 up

• Options

Four, surely.

bit of both i would say. Hope they get a game when we're 6 - 0 up

Oops yep sorry meant 4....just had a small glass of Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Options
    Is Smith cup-tied?
  • Options
    30 mins till ko.......COYR's
  • Options

Is Smith cup-tied?

Yes.

• Options

Is Smith cup-tied?

Yes played for Wimbledon

• Options
    2 commentators going for it this evening do they know mike is on!!
  • Options
    Why in the name of sanity are we paying Gower a wage if he can't even make the bench for this game???? Pleased to see Poyet nevertheless.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!