Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sophie Ellis Bextor

She always was a beautiful girl with a unique voice but her new single, "Young Blood", is, imho, one that does that beauty and voice justice. Wonder if the rest of the album is as good.

Comments

• Robbie Williams once said she's got a face like a satellite dish and my nans ankles.

She is weird looking.
  • Saw her at the Wellcome Institute recently. She is very beautiful but a little on the short side. And she also cut a frustrated mum as her kids went rampant around the museum shop!
  • Huskaris said:

What has Charlton Life become?!

A place where one can offer an opinion without fear of the mickey being taken.

• Is this a 'would ya?' If so - Yes!
  • Saw her at the Wellcome Institute recently. She is very beautiful but a little on the short side. And she also cut a frustrated mum as her kids went rampant around the museum shop!

she's 5ft 9in hardly short for a woman !
  • She used to go to a couple of indie nights I dj'd at in the mid 90's . Only really knew her to say hello to but a couple of mates knew her a fair bit better shall we say.

She's one of those rare celeb types that it's difficult to dislike.
  • Richard Madeley has named this as his song of 2014 already.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to the similarities between the OP and RM..........
  • Martomoto said:

Is this a 'would ya?' If so - Yes!

I'd rather her Mum the way she looked back in the 80s.
  • have read a couple of reviews of the album and they have been very complimentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd give her 2 falls and a submission
  • have read a couple of reviews of the album and they have been very complimentary.

As many were for the film Gravity! Biggest waste of 90mins I have ever experienced, which is a big call coming from a Charlton spectator.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Martomoto said:

Is this a 'would ya?' If so - Yes!

I'd rather her Mum the way she looked back in the 80s.
    Yep her mum was tasty. Nothing against Sophie, I definitely would, although she does remind me a bit of the Roswell Alien.

• Heard a snippet of the song on the tele this morning. Better than the pop stuff she normally does.
  • Robbie Williams once said she's got a face like a satellite dish and my nans ankles.

She is weird looking.

So are you saying you wouldn't?
  • buckshee said:

She used to go to a couple of indie nights I dj'd at in the mid 90's . Only really knew her to say hello to but a couple of mates knew her a fair bit better shall we say.

She's one of those rare celeb types that it's difficult to dislike.

I've never met her but have a visceral dislike of her. Haven't a clue why.
  • Robbie Williams once said she's got a face like a satellite dish.

Frank Skinner when introducing her at the Brits said to her " why the wide face?".

she's 5ft 9in hardly short for a woman !
    Well I stood next to her for some time and she was quite small. Although I am 5ft 11in.
  • Mother Daughter threesome ftfw. Sophie is female perfection personified. I wouldn't stop til the neighbours complained about the smell.

Mother and daughter, ready for slaughter!
  • Sponsored links:

• I love the way this has decended from being a rather lovely post about SEB's new recording to utter filth :)
  • Janet Ellis was double tasty back in the day but I was always more of a Sarah Green fan - until she married that twat Mike Smith.

Although nobody comes close to Maggie Philbin or Dusty Lee.
  • buckshee said:

I love the way this has decended from being a rather lovely post about SEB's new recording to utter filth :)

Just symptomatic of todays society I'm afraid. We're doomed as a species.

• buckshee said:

I love the way this has decended from being a rather lovely post about SEB's new recording to utter filth :)

Totally agree and have to say I'm rather disappointed that we have so few on here with a discerning ear. And rather a lot that would prefer instead to think about not keeping it in their trousers when reflecting on an artist and her work.
  • buckshee said:

Totally agree and have to say I'm rather disappointed that we have so few on here with a discerning ear. And rather a lot that would prefer instead to think about not keeping it in their trousers when reflecting on an artist and her work.
    That's the danger of having (arguably) fit women who do good music. At least with the likes of Girls Aloud and The Saturdays we can ignore the music and just concentrate on who's the fittest :)

• Huskaris said:

Same as it ever was.

• Huskaris said:

Same as it ever was.

Nathan Prior in the black!
  • All I was doing was informing Leroy of the correct term when fantasizing about having a night with a mother and daughter combo.

• on loan for 6 months.
  • Right, after all this "fantasizing" it's time to get back to the album. Arrived yesterday. Played it through several times now. And I love it.

Given in my youth that I played in bands as diverse as punk to prog rock, I can only conclude that I must be getting soft in my old age.

Though judging by some on CL, "going soft" on Sophie Ellis Bextor is precisely the wrong terminology to utillise!