Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man Flu

2»

Comments

• sralan said:

Still lingering 4 weeks later. Serious stuff :-(((

LOL, i read that with an F rather than an L
  • As my sons would say in their new fangled parlance - 'Bunch of melts'.
  • I've had everything reported here ... but much, much, worse.

• Wusses! Lol! :lol:
  • I've had everything reported here ... but much, much, worse.

I'd say that it wasn't a competition, but let's face it... It is
  • Man flu= worse disease known to man, blocked nose, head ache, cough sometimes even the throat hurts, it causes involuntary moaning and talking silly talk such as "will you miss me when I'm gone" and "I'm dying, help me", the only cure for this devastating illness is a sofa, a cushion, a duvet and a waitress to answer your every wim, hot drinks on tap and loads of tlc, under absolutely no circumstances is affected person to get up and do anything for themselves with the exception of going to the toilet or transferring from sofa to bed. Oh and using the remote control.

This disease affects only men, women get something which resembles it called the common cold which has a slightly different treatment plan called "just get on with it" common cold will eventually go away on its own.

Men everywhere swear that the 2 illnesses are very different and challenge any woman to prove otherwise.

Sexist.
  • Hang in there fellas...

Remember you are MEN, so demand that Chicken Soup from your Wife and I'm sure you'll be fine within a few days

You're assuming none of us MEN have husbands?
  • Only ever had "the flu" once. That's plenty trust me. If you have ever had it you will definitely know. A cold doesn't even come anywhere close. You are bedridden for three or four days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only ever had "the flu" once. That's plenty trust me. If you have ever had it you will definitely know. A cold doesn't even come anywhere close. You are bedridden for three or four days.

Absolutely this.

• Man flu= worse disease known to man, blocked nose, head ache, cough sometimes even the throat hurts, it causes involuntary moaning and talking silly talk such as "will you miss me when I'm gone" and "I'm dying, help me", the only cure for this devastating illness is a sofa, a cushion, a duvet and a waitress to answer your every wim, hot drinks on tap and loads of tlc, under absolutely no circumstances is affected person to get up and do anything for themselves with the exception of going to the toilet or transferring from sofa to bed. Oh and using the remote control.

This disease affects only men, women get something which resembles it called the common cold which has a slightly different treatment plan called "just get on with it" common cold will eventually go away on its own.

Men everywhere swear that the 2 illnesses are very different and challenge any woman to prove otherwise.

Sexist.
    I have to say I was hoping for a LOL rather than a like for this.

Sexist.
    Realist. :wink:
  • So basically if you're a man and you get ill you have to just carry on otherwise you get ridiculed.
  • cabbles said:

So basically if you're a man and you get ill you have to just carry on otherwise you get ridiculed.

I know.

Men. Oppressed since the beginning of time.
  • cabbles said:

So basically if you're a man and you get ill you have to just carry on otherwise you get ridiculed.

Well said sniffles :smile:
  • edited February 2017
    Cough. Or Coughles as I have heard it said.

(Don't worry coughles im sure the people's mid will step in for you)
  • So how do you know it's flu then? I'm only interested because I'm feeling rough and in the past I've had what I thought may be symptoms of flu, but apparently according to shooters it's pretty overpowering
  • It's flu when you can't move, are shivering one minute and flushing the next and cannot do anything for yourself.

Much less than this and it's a bad cold.
  • cabbles said:

So how do you know it's flu then? I'm only interested because I'm feeling rough and in the past I've had what I thought may be symptoms of flu, but apparently according to shooters it's pretty overpowering

Fever of over 100 degrees. Not really able to get out of bed except to go the loo. Can't eat.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

So how do you know it's flu then? I'm only interested because I'm feeling rough and in the past I've had what I thought may be symptoms of flu, but apparently according to shooters it's pretty overpowering

Fever of over 100 degrees. Not really able to get out of bed except to go the loo. Can't eat.
    Hang on - that describes my first love affair.
  • edited February 2017
    cabbles said:

Your bed sheets/duvet will be ringing wet for starters(which is absolutely horrible), and you will be pretty much incapacitated.You may struggle to the loo and back with a great deal of effort, but will fall straight back into bed immediately.
    You'll be unable to fix yourself anything in the kitchen because you won't be willing or able to get there.
    You will lose three or four days of your life and afterwards remember very little about it other than lying in a wet clammy bed day and night and at times possibly floating in and out of delirium.
    Don't EVER confuse a heavy cold with the flu......they aren't even in the same league!
    Only had it the once (I was fit and strong in my early twenties).......I can fully understand how dangerous flu can be to the weak and elderly, no exaggeration to describe it as life threatening, unless given proper care and attention.
  • Well I've never had it in then. I've only ever had heavy colds. Who needs webMD or NHS.com when you've got Charlton Life :smiley: