Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serie A

Comments

• edited January 2017
    ha,ha. He should have scored that one. Glorious chance to make it 3-0.
  • edited January 2017

Have they given Milik a return date? Didn't really rate him but he started the season superbly and if he'd stayed fit I reckon they would of challenged Juve.

A Cruciate ligament tear is normally 6-9 months. So probably another couple of months.

Milik played well for Poland in the Euros, in behind Lewandowski, in the middle three in a 4-2-3-1.
  • yes, cracking first half.
  • Great game!
  • The pass into the right back area vacated by Abate is on every time for Napoli, either for Insigne running on and Mertens on a diagonal run. Gomez is getting dragged out and now on a yellow.

Great start the second half by Milan. Napoli dangerous on the break.
  • Fantastic game, topped off with a header from Donnarumma saved by Reina in the last minute. The chip from the halfway line by Insigne that just cleared the bar, reminded me of Pele v Viktor in the 1970 World Cup. Great performance by Napoli to win 2-1 in the San Siro.

Don't believe the hype that the Premier League is the best in the world. The recent Serie A games have been more than a match.
  • lunch time ko juve v Lazio.

Juve after 15 minutes are 2- 0 ahead. seem a class above. Lazio are starting to get into the game now.
  • Juve look too strong this season...i was hoping Lazio would test them and maybe nick a draw. I will watch a bit of inter milan now and switch between that and arsenal depending on how it goes and what seems the bettet game.
  • Inter won. Crap game no more to say
  • Sponsored links:

• Palermo are leading at Napoli at half time. Should be an entertaining 2nd half, Palermo have defended brilliantly so far.

That diagonal ball to Callejon is so simple and you know it's coming but it flummoxes everyone they play against.
  • se9addick said:

RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

I've been to Parma 3 times but never visited Verona, which is literally 20 mins train down the road, always liked the look of the Bentegodi.

It is a really, really nice city as well.

I've said this before but if anyone is seeing a game in the north then you can always get to one or two extra matches if you stay Friday to Monday. I've combined Inter with Brescia and Atalanta (2 games in 1 day in fact), Bologna with Carpi and Verona, Juve with Samp, etc. Tuscany also gives you a chance to double up if based in Florence.
    Two games in one day is dream of mine, would love to do it.
    se9addick said:

RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

I've been to Parma 3 times but never visited Verona, which is literally 20 mins train down the road, always liked the look of the Bentegodi.

It is a really, really nice city as well.

I've said this before but if anyone is seeing a game in the north then you can always get to one or two extra matches if you stay Friday to Monday. I've combined Inter with Brescia and Atalanta (2 games in 1 day in fact), Bologna with Carpi and Verona, Juve with Samp, etc. Tuscany also gives you a chance to double up if based in Florence.
    Two games in one day is dream of mine, would love to do it.
    I did three once in about 1990.
  • Napoli at it again. 2-0 up in 6 minutes at Bologna and two brilliant goals.
  • Serie A going nutty again. Callejon tried to punch the ball away at a corner like a GK, only a yellow card. Pen by Destro saved by Reina. Napoli close to a third goal on the next attack. Callejon then sent off with a straight red for a late challenge. Napoli 2-0 up, but down to 10 men with 65 mins to go.

• 10 v 10
    another red
  • edited February 2017
    Last man challenge by Masina, Red Card, now 10 v 10 with 32 mins gone. Mertens curled the FK over the wall and into the top corner. 3-0 to Napoli. Serie A at its best.

Bologna on the next attack, header by Torosidis, 1-3. This is on a par with Charlton v Fleetwood for entertainment.
  • 3-1

do you think keeper in the wrong place for mertins goal
  • edited February 2017
    Brilliant finish by Mertens, one on one, rounded the keeper and scored from the angle Greaves-like. 1-4.

Who thinks Jay Da Silva is too small? Mertens is 5 ft 6 ins, Insigne his strike partner 5 ft 4 ins. (Not good enough or too young is another argument).
  • edited February 2017
    A brace of brilliant goals by Hamsik, for his hat-trick. Both were right foot shots into the top corner. Napoli 6-1 up away from home, with 15 mins left. Sounds like a big away support as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Mertens hat-trick, 7-1, record away win for Napoli. Devastating on the break. Quick, direct counter attacks, brilliant finishing.
  • Mertens is so good.
  • edited February 2017
    What a game. Better than any prem match I've seen in a long time. 7-1 but bologna still played some beautiful football. Napoli really are a class side though. I think balotelli will end up there and I can imagine he'd do well with Hamsik as a mentor.
  • Juve-Inter on BT. Great start to the game in a lively atmosphere. Both teams having a right go.
  • That's probably game over. Have the commentators said why the Juve ultras have left a block empty behind the goal? I'm guessing someone's died or it's a protest.

I missed Napoli last night unfortunately. I'm still annoyed that when I saw them in November it was 0-0.
  • What is it with brilliant goals in Serie A this weekend? Screamer from 25 yards into the top corner by Cuadrado. Unstoppable. Bang on half time. 1-0 Juve.
  • edited February 2017
    If Nicholas was a Fiorentina fan then every one of their players would have got "1 - dog shit" last night.

Did the commentators on Saturday say whether Koulibaly will be back for Madrid v Napoli? I really hope so.

Bologna v Milan is on now, I'm only half watching but it looks like being a 1-0 home win from a crap goal.

Edit: Aaaand Paletta has just been sent off for a 2nd yellow.
  • Well it wasn't a high quality game but it was certainly dramatic.

Kucka also conjured up two quick, stupid yellows so Milan played the last half an hour with 9 men. Milan actually looked better after that, Bologna tried but created few openings, Donnarumma made 1 top save then Pasalic nicked it at the death for AC. What a rubbish week for Bologna fans.
  • edited February 2017
    Big game just started. Milan v Fiorentina

Fiorentina have started better so far. seems as if they've been told to shoot as soon as you get near the box.

Joe Hart had a pretty poor game earlier letting 4 in against Roma. he cant still be Englands no 1.

• Milan just scored from a header. poor defending.