Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serie A

Comments

• Disappointed with the result but hard to argue that Napoli didn't deserve it. Agree Insigne is brilliant. Fiorentina have Roma at home on Sunday so another tough game.
  • colthe3rd said:

Disappointed with the result but hard to argue that Napoli didn't deserve it. Agree Insigne is brilliant. Fiorentina have Roma at home on Sunday so another tough game.

Insigne, Verratti, Darmian, Rugani. Watch the Italians at WC 2018.
  • Has anyone on here tried buying tickets from listicket? I'm having a bit of trouble when it comes to confirming my purchase.
  • Capitano said:

Has anyone on here tried buying tickets from listicket? I'm having a bit of trouble when it comes to confirming my purchase.

Yes. It can be awkward but I've never had any major problems, both printing at home and collecting in Italy. What game(s) are you looking at? It may be easier buying once over there.
  • I'll be over there for the Roma v Genoa game just before Christmas. Do you think it'll be alright to pop into one of the Roma stores and buy tickets once over there?
  • Capitano said:

I'll be over there for the Roma v Genoa game just before Christmas. Do you think it'll be alright to pop into one of the Roma stores and buy tickets once over there?

Yeah 2 years ago I bought for Roma v Inter the day beforehand, there's a shop near the Trevi Fountain. I'm watching the derby now and there are loads of empty seats (in the more expensive areas).

Are Genoa tickets 100% on sale? Italy usually only sell the Monday beforehand.
  • It's all sorted now mate. Just got them of listicket, their website was acting like a proper roland earlier. Cheers anyway
  • People still watching? Big night tonight, hoping Roma can hold on for a draw then la Viola can turn over that scummy team later.

I was in Italy last week, went to Torino Roma and Fiorentina Udinese. Love every aspect of their football from the eating and drinking before and during the match to the atmosphere inside the grounds. It really is a different world to the sanitised spectacle it has become in our country.
  • I'm going to the Roma Genoa game. I will look for the shop by the fountain.
  • Yep. Milan v Verona was entertaining, I've got Napoli on and I will try watch the game later.

I've seen football in quite a few countries and Italy is also my number one. I love that you can buy tickets in banks and tobacco shops, they're all fiercely proud of their team and so hate each other, the atmospheres are top notch, the stadiums are often a throwback, those little coffee liqueurs, etc etc.

I'm toying with the idea of the Milan derby plus another match next month. One good thing about football here is that we announce TV changes so far in advance! I'll have to see how much flights are when they finally confirm the changes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

I'm going to the Roma Genoa game. I will look for the shop by the fountain.

There was one two minutes' walk away. A full list of locations is here, all apparently sell tickets:
    http://www.asromastore.it/eu-it/info/locations/
  • @Dizzle How did it all go? I saw a few minutes and a commentator remarked at how quiet it was. Sorry you ended up there at a bad time for the team, fans and atmospheres.

I've booked the basics for Milan v Inter now, £92 for flights and 2 nights in a guesthouse (bargain!). It's 8:45 Sunday so I can easily do another match that day. There is Chievo v Juve, Torino v Hellas or I'll try a new lower league ground.
  • RedPanda said:

@Dizzle How did it all go? I saw a few minutes and a commentator remarked at how quiet it was. Sorry you ended up there at a bad time for the team, fans and atmospheres.

I've booked the basics for Milan v Inter now, £92 for flights and 2 nights in a guesthouse (bargain!). It's 8:45 Sunday so I can easily do another match that day. There is Chievo v Juve, Torino v Hellas or I'll try a new lower league ground.

I can recommend Torino for a cracking atmosphere.
  • Forgot about this thread but I did go to the Rome derby in November, was a brilliant game. 22 degrees, beers in the stadium, good dominant Roma performance.

Only downside was I didn't get to see Francesco Totti or De Rossi play due to injuries and also the ultras were still on protest so were down 15k fanatics but the atmosphere will still superb.

Would love to go again, Rome as a city is excellent, can't reccomend it enough and try to get to the Olimpico before they get their new stadium.

• colthe3rd said:

I can recommend Torino for a cracking atmosphere.

Unfortunately the plan is now Chievo as my mate's never seen Juventus. I'd much rather re-see Hellas if going back to the Bentegodi, I was blown away by their fans.

The Genoese derby tonight was top class, I really thought Genoa would get another at the end. It's great to see Cassano still doing the business as well, what a chap.
  • RedPanda said:

The derby yesterday was obviously a lot of fun. I was in the top tier in the Milan end, underneath the huge yellow throwover with people setting off sparkling fireworks around me.

Obviously it was a great atmosphere but I think Rome edges it for volume, and definitely hatred. There wasn't a hint of trouble outside the ground and there were a few Inter scarfs in my end.

Tickets were dead easy to get, 26 euros via Milan's site. It was nice to support a team in a derby match with a chance of winning! When it's full I'd argue that there's not a better, more atmospheric stadium. It is so tall and steep.

I also saw Chievo v Juve yesterday, it was alright but it was full of plastic Juve fans and their kids. Pogba was immense.

I watched it last night. Great atmosphere, great game, lots of passion. Surprised Inter couldn't put up a better show considering they had Jesus at left back.

Still haven't seen a better atmosphere than the Cylinder at Racing Club Avellenada in Buenos Aires. If I could do the You Tube link, it's: El Mejor Recibimiento Racing v Independiente 2011 or Mas de 50000 personas terrible fiesta Recibimiento Racing 1-0. The Cylinder is old school terracing and the perfect shape for a Football stadium.
  • I have seen Pogba twice this season. He is one hell of a player. His work rate is something else.

That said he just doesn't look natural to me. Especially that strange running style he has got

Highly recommend a visit to Atalanta for those wanting to experience a 'real' Italian atmosphere. Bergamo is a great city and Ryanair flights to airport are very cheap. Airport is also 5 mins from city centre. Tickets are available from €20 and easy to get hold of.
  • I didn't know Chris Perry now commentates on Serie A. He's covering Milan v Roma.
  • Sponsored links:

• Early days but Milik at Napoli is looking the real deal - 2 first half goals against (a poor) Milan.

I'm aiming to do Napoli in a few months, they'll have Inter on Friday 2/12 then Benevento will be at home the Saturday. Getting around South Italy looks a right pain, though. For example Avellino is 35 miles from Naples yet takes a minimum of 2.5 hours by train.
  • Can't see anyone getting close to Juve this season. Dark horse for the CL.
  • Juve will be pushed by Roma i reckon
    I still always have a soft spot for Lazio coz of gazza and watching back in the day with my mum hoovering around my feet as i watched C4 Italian football live
  • RedPanda said:

Early days but Milik at Napoli is looking the real deal - 2 first half goals against (a poor) Milan.

I'm aiming to do Napoli in a few months, they'll have Inter on Friday 2/12 then Benevento will be at home the Saturday. Getting around South Italy looks a right pain, though. For example Avellino is 35 miles from Naples yet takes a minimum of 2.5 hours by train.

I believe a Southeastern franchise runs that train service.
  • Good game this evening on BT sport. Serie B champions Cagliari back from 0-2 to draw level with Roma at 2-2 in the 87th minute. The home punters have gone nutty.
  • edited August 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Good game this evening on BT sport. Serie B champions Cagliari back from 0-2 to draw level with Roma at 2-2 in the 87th minute. The home punters have gone nutty.

Fucked my acca
  • Dries Mertens is arguably the form player in Europe at the moment - today made it 3 hat-tricks in just over a month:

That was Jensen-esque. Joe Hart didn't play particularly badly in Torino's 5-3 loss but he could have done better with Napoli's 3rd.
  • Another one for Mertens away at Fiorentina. thats 9 goals in 4 games.
  • two great goals in that game so far.
  • edited December 2016
    wow.

great game. seen the boys in purple a few times this season and they've been ok but this is something else.