Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serie A

Comments

• Options

Go and see Juventus rather than all these 'fashionable' clubs in touristy places! Will hard pressed to find a better atmosphere in Europe! I know that's quite a claim but having been to many stadiums including the likes of Barcelona and various Premier League sides I would say that the best two have been Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Oh come on. I'm a Juve fan but I can't have this. The curva sud is excellent, but much of the rest of the ground is full of tourists and southerners who attend one game a season.

Turin is cool city though.
  • Options

Go and see Juventus rather than all these 'fashionable' clubs in touristy places! Will hard pressed to find a better atmosphere in Europe! I know that's quite a claim but having been to many stadiums including the likes of Barcelona and various Premier League sides I would say that the best two have been Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Oh come on. I'm a Juve fan but I can't have this. The curva sud is excellent, but much of the rest of the ground is full of tourists and southerners who attend one game a season.

Turin is cool city though.
    Napoli has to be the best atmosphere
  • Options
    The pitch side announcer at Napoli has some job stisfaction when he announces the scorers...immense crowd response.

Juve has never really appealed to me to be honest.

I've been to Parma 3 times but never visited Verona, which is literally 20 mins train down the road, always liked the look of the Bentegodi.
  • Options
    Why are all the stadiums in Italy undecorated? There are no colours to suggest which team plays there.
  • Options

Why are all the stadiums in Italy undecorated? There are no colours to suggest which team plays there.

I think a lot are owned by the local councils rather than the clubs themselves, plus some are shared between more than one club.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Fiiiiiish said:

I've been to Parma 3 times but never visited Verona, which is literally 20 mins train down the road, always liked the look of the Bentegodi.

It is a really, really nice city as well.

I've said this before but if anyone is seeing a game in the north then you can always get to one or two extra matches if you stay Friday to Monday. I've combined Inter with Brescia and Atalanta (2 games in 1 day in fact), Bologna with Carpi and Verona, Juve with Samp, etc. Tuscany also gives you a chance to double up if based in Florence.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

I've said this before but if anyone is seeing a game in the north then you can always get to one or two extra matches if you stay Friday to Monday. I've combined Inter with Brescia and Atalanta (2 games in 1 day in fact), Bologna with Carpi and Verona, Juve with Samp, etc. Tuscany also gives you a chance to double up if based in Florence.
    Two games in one day is dream of mine, would love to do it.
  • Options
    Would love to do a Milan derby. If Ibrahimovic returns to Milan then the derby will be huge.
  • Options
    Salah and Dzeko to Roma. Brilliant signings for them.

Front line of Dzeko, Salah, Totti with De Rossi sitting in behind. Not bad at all.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Watching Atalanta and Brescia is like being happy to watch both Charlton and Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was on a flight from MIlan to Dubai a couple of weeks ago with the Milan team. Had Honda walking on the plane in front of me and got to shake Mexes' hand. Was good fun.

As for Serie A this season, can't say I'm too optimistic about Fiorentina's chances even after beating Chelsea on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge. Think the league as a whole should be more competitive and I'll be cheering on anyone that could topple the scum from Turin.
  • Options
    Two matches in and Juve are yet to win. I can see Roma winning the league this season. It's been a great start to the league. I'm enjoying it more than the EPL. I'm so bored of chelsea, Utd and Liverpool now. Buying up every player and trying to play football at 100mph. There is no finesse football it is all run run run, it's becoming boring. For me it will be the Championship and Serie A this season, I'm saying bye to the overrated marketing machine of the EPL.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Two matches in and Juve are yet to win. I can see Roma winning the league this season. It's been a great start to the league. I'm enjoying it more than the EPL. I'm so bored of chelsea, Utd and Liverpool now. Buying up every player and trying to play football at 100mph. There is no finesse football it is all run run run, it's becoming boring. For me it will be the Championship and Serie A this season, I'm saying bye to the overrated marketing machine of the EPL.

I thought there was a competitive start the past two seasons but by around Easter Juve are walking away with it, can't see that Roma have the squad for a sustained push but I suppose Juve will be all about the Champions League.
  • Options
    Difference is Juve have no Vidal, Tevez or Pirlo, 3 massive players. Juve have spent serious money on replacements but will take a while to get up and running, makes it more exciting.

Will be interesting to see how Inter perform, some decent signings and no Euro distractions. Their next match is the Milan derby.
  • Options
    Tonight at The Valley was abject but an out of form Juve beating Man City's multi millions raises a smirk. Apparently expert pundit Steven Gerrard said before the game that it would be 'comfortable for Man City' haha.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Tonight at The Valley was abject but an out of form Juve beating Man City's multi millions raises a smirk. Apparently expert pundit Steven Gerrard said before the game that it would be 'comfortable for Man City' haha.

I was on 4-0!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

No smirk from me. However, if it carries on like this Italy could very well be taking England's 4th Champions League spot soon which would make me more than smirk.
  • Options
    I'd love the Prem to lose a CL place to Serie A but can't see it.

1 draw 2 defeats so far for Juve, loads of new players, not too surprising I guess. But great win last night which should kick start them into gear....maybe.

But the competition between the top 5 is healthy and is going to be a roller coaster season.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

I'd love the Prem to lose a CL place to Serie A but can't see it.

1 draw 2 defeats so far for Juve, loads of new players, not too surprising I guess. But great win last night which should kick start them into gear....maybe.

But the competition between the top 5 is healthy and is going to be a roller coaster season.

Let's hope it isn't a kick start to their season.

It is quite possible the place could be lost, if English teams don't do well in CL this year and we all know how seriously they take the Europa, the coefficients are getting quite close.
  • Options
    From wiki...

Eng: 15.250 + 16.428 + 16.785 + 13.571 + 3.250 = 65.284
    Ita: 11.357 + 14.416 + 14.166 + 19.000 + 2.166 = 61.105

Previous 4 seasons along with the current season coefficient giving the total of 65.284 and 61.105 respectively.

As colthe3rd states, English teams in Europa don't seem to care, if the Italian teams perform well they could go ahead of England.

The coefficients determine the teams for the season after next.
    Meaning if Italy overtake England at the end of this season (15/16) the Premier League would lose its 4th place in the Champions League as of the 17/18 season. So the team finishing 4th in 16/17 would miss out.

Even if team performances stay similar to the past couple of years, then next year (when the 15.250 and 11.357 are dropped) it looks very likely that Italy will overtake England.
    You would have to say unless the English teams improve (or the Italian teams flop) over the next 2 seasons the Italians will overtake, if not this season then almost certainly next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That would be excellent and deserved as every other league takes pride in the Europa matches except England. Both Fiorentina and Napoli have said their aim is to win the europa league this season.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

That would be excellent and deserved as every other league takes pride in the Europa matches except England. Both Fiorentina and Napoli have said their aim is to win the europa league this season.

Is that anything to do with the fact that most serie A games are played on a Sunday anyway? Therefore there are limited fixture changes etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Roma, Juve and Napoli all doing well this week.

Napoli destroyed Brugge 5-0. What a performance, they've got a really strong team.

Lazio drew agains the holders of the cup and fiorentina lost.

They're picking up points and can definitely see Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio going far in Europa.

Juve and Roma is early days in the champs league.

But what a goal from Florenzi against barca. That felt sweet to see the arrogant barca get shown up like that.

Really enjoying serie a and their teams in Europe. So great to see clubs supported by real fans, with real players and not the plastic and the arrogance of the EPL. It really isn't the best league in the world. How would stoke, west brim, West Ham, Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle really do in Spain Italy or Germany. It's only because we are familiar with them and watch them week in week out that we think of them as decent, they're actually very average. Is La liga won easily because the other teams are rubbish, no. It's because the top two are so far ahead of any English team. Put them in the EPL and the league will be a 2 horse race.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Roma, Juve and Napoli all doing well this week.

Napoli destroyed Brugge 5-0. What a performance, they've got a really strong team.

Lazio drew agains the holders of the cup and fiorentina lost.

They're picking up points and can definitely see Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio going far in Europa.

Juve and Roma is early days in the champs league.

But what a goal from Florenzi against barca. That felt sweet to see the arrogant barca get shown up like that.

Really enjoying serie a and their teams in Europe. So great to see clubs supported by real fans, with real players and not the plastic and the arrogance of the EPL. It really isn't the best league in the world. How would stoke, west brim, West Ham, Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle really do in Spain Italy or Germany. It's only because we are familiar with them and watch them week in week out that we think of them as decent, they're actually very average. Is La liga won easily because the other teams are rubbish, no. It's because the top two are so far ahead of any English team. Put them in the EPL and the league will be a 2 horse race.

Spot on! Premier League is all about making money through marketing and sponsors etc. Clubs miles off Europe even with all the money. Also Players fit into a team a team doesn't fit into ayers so organised well coached teams are always going to have the upper hand against English clubs who are naive. The only people that think it's the best league in the world are Sky and those brainwashed by them.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2015
    What's your view on Ultras, Dennis?
  • Options
    WSS said:

What's your view on Ultras, Dennis?

Sussed on one post :- z
  • Options
    Napoli won 5-0 earlier this week against Brugge just beat Lazio 5-0 in Serie A. They look dangerous this season. Insigne a player to watch. He seems to have added something to his game, brilliant little player. Milan also looking like a stronger team this year with Bacca.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Inter 0-3 Fiorentina after 23 minutes :lol:

Get on BT Sport if you're not already watching

Edit: And now down to 10 men hahaha!
  • Options
    FORZA VIOLA!!!!!
  • Options
    Napoli team to watch. Insigne is a brilliant little player.