Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serie A

Comments

• entertaining to say the least. I'm starting to fall in love with seria A again. Shame there isn't a decent highlight show for the whole league like the old one on channel 4.
  • Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

I forgot to add 6 yellow cards as well.

All hail the most corrupt league in the world.

EFA

Only Juve tbf

entertaining to say the least. I'm starting to fall in love with seria A again. Shame there isn't a decent highlight show for the whole league like the old one on channel 4.

BT Sport do a goals show in the week, and James Richardson does the European show on a Sunday. Still not as good as him sitting outside a cafe in some piazza though.
  • colthe3rd said:

Addickted said:

colthe3rd said:

I forgot to add 6 yellow cards as well.

All hail the most corrupt league in the world.

EFA

Only Juve tbf

entertaining to say the least. I'm starting to fall in love with seria A again. Shame there isn't a decent highlight show for the whole league like the old one on channel 4.

BT Sport do a goals show in the week, and James Richardson does the European show on a Sunday. Still not as good as him sitting outside a cafe in some piazza though.
    I saw that goal thing. poorly put together with music over the top of the footage.

would love that show to come back.
  • colthe3rd said:

As Paulie won't start up a new Serie A thread I thought I'd resurrect this.

Anyone watching the Juve Roma game?

Absolutely mental. Juve get a dubious pen, Tevez scores. Rudi Garcia (Roma manager) sent off for playing an imaginary violin. Few minutes later Totti is wrestled to the ground for a pen, gets up and scores. Then Iturbe makes it 2-1 Roma. Just after Juve get a second dodgy pen, Tevez scores.

And it's half time!

Quality game which had it all including dodgy decisions, red cards, penalties and some brilliant build up play.

A pretty bad tempered game but it was a top of the table clash which could have easily flattered to deceive but didn't.

ROma have a good squad and some really decent players like Manolas, Nainggolan and Iturbe (speed demon) hope there is going to be a shock result for Juve so they don't run away from Roma.

Gervinho looks a totally different player to the one who played in the Prem, nothing to do with lesser opposition imo, just a lot more confident.
  • It is a shame that the league as a whole is some way behind these two in that the title will be decided by their matches between each other. Juve obviously have the stronger squad but Roma are an exciting team. I'm a bit biased but Juve do still benefit from a lot of dubious decisions, whether that is down to them just being a huge name in Italy or something more sinister I guess we won't know (for now).

I think Gervinho always threatened to do it for Arsenal but as you have mentioned he is a confidence player and also benefiting from Gacia's mangement again.
  • Juve in dubious penalty shocker! Who'd have thought it....
  • Now on to the big one tonight. Forza Viola.
  • great goal for Fiorentina.

• I didn't know he could shoot
  • Good result for La Viola last night but Inter really do look disjointed and without a clue.

Vidic has been shocking and Medel has aswell, infact the defence in general for Inter has been terrible. The Cagliari game was a great example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent game in Turin, the new stadium has improved atmosphere and TV viewing (position of cameras).

Two nice goals for the Viola in the first 45 mins.
  • Went to Juve-Roma, was an amazing game that had it all - how people over here can still say Serie A is boring is beyond me. I can see Roy Keane is getting a lot of stick on here but he got it spot on when he called the Premier League 'the best brand in the world, not the best league'. Give me a Serie A game over a Premier League game any day of the week!
  • Went to Juve-Roma, was an amazing game that had it all - how people over here can still say Serie A is boring is beyond me. I can see Roy Keane is getting a lot of stick on here but he got it spot on when he called the Premier League 'the best brand in the world, not the best league'. Give me a Serie A game over a Premier League game any day of the week!

Watched my first Serie A game for a while on Saturday night. AC Milan v Chievo. It was toilet. How far AC Milan have fallen, now a squad of rejects.

Heard Juve v Roma was a cracker though. Interesting developments on the Vidal situation. Out boozing till 5am!!!

Have they changed the rules? Last time I was in Turin that match was on and they only allowed people who lived in Piedmonte into the ground

Watched my first Serie A game for a while on Saturday night. AC Milan v Chievo. It was toilet. How far AC Milan have fallen, now a squad of rejects.

Heard Juve v Roma was a cracker though. Interesting developments on the Vidal situation. Out boozing till 5am!!!
    Vidal came on as a sub late on, plenty of energy to use up, well played to the lad.

Milans quick fix approach has cost them both in terms of managers and in players. Honda however has looked brilliant aince the start of the season.

Best game so far this season was Parma 4 - 5 Milan, had everything.

Some Serie A games can be slow paced and lazy but there is far more quality to watch than not in my opinion. Watching it live is better still.

• Anyone else excited for Serie A this season?

Juventus, Lazio, Inter, Roma, Milan, Napoli all fighting it out for the top 3.

There have been some big names coming into the league to add to a lot of good talent that is already there.
  • Planning to go to Roma vs Genoa in December. Hopefully I can get tickets
  • Dizzle said:

Planning to go to Roma vs Genoa in December. Hopefully I can get tickets

Roma v Lazio would be the one to get to!
  • I almost convinced the missus to go to Roma vs Juve but she wanted to go to Rome around Xmas rather than next month. Unfortunately the weekend is booked and its Roma vs Genoa so it's that or nothing
  • Excited to see how Bacca does - have admired him from afar for a long time and I'm very surprised an English team didn't sign him, the Premier League would suit his game perfectly.

Juve will be fully focused on winning the Champions League and the two Milan clubs have strengthened, but they were so far off last year it would be difficult to bridge that gap in one summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

That'll be easy, there's a Roma store near the Trevi Fountain which sells tickets. Doing it the day before the match will be fine. Let me know if you need more help

• edited August 2015
    Dizzle said:

You will easily get tickets, probably on the day of the game as well. The likes of Roma, Lazio and the MIlan clubs always have loads of empty seats unless it's a bit game. A game against Genoa will be fine re tickets.
  • I'm staying right near the Trevi fountain so that's a result! Cheers. I'll check closer to the time for more advice
  • Should be booking my trip to Rome next week for the 7th November, the weekend of the Rome derby and I cannot wait. Have always wanted to go, taking the mrs along and guarenteed her it will be an 'experience'.

As for Serie A in general, I can't wait, so many teams have managed to keep the talent whilst adding. The top 5 could be anyones, Juve, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina. Then Inter have strengthened well and Milan with Mihajlovic should look alot more organised and dangerous, who knows where they could finish.

As always with Serie A it is going to be entertaining both on and off the pitch.

Will still be keeping 1 eye on Serie D for Parma Calcio 1913.
  • Dizzle said:

Should be able to just walk up on the day and get tickets for that one, had no problems doing this when I went to see Lazio V Sienna...crowd was 45,000...capacity was 80,000...not sure if this is still the case though.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Should be booking my trip to Rome next week for the 7th November, the weekend of the Rome derby and I cannot wait. Have always wanted to go, taking the mrs along and guarenteed her it will be an 'experience'.

As for Serie A in general, I can't wait, so many teams have managed to keep the talent whilst adding. The top 5 could be anyones, Juve, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina. Then Inter have strengthened well and Milan with Mihajlovic should look alot more organised and dangerous, who knows where they could finish.

As always with Serie A it is going to be entertaining both on and off the pitch.

Will still be keeping 1 eye on Serie D for Parma Calcio 1913.

Was it easy enough to get tickets for the Rome derby ?
  • Not on sale yet.

I've been told the online site which AS Roma use is good though and heard from alot of people that it is easy enough to get tickets. Would love to experience the Curva but not sure the mrs would be so keen being choked by smoke bombs.

@se9addick you thinking of heading out? Can get flights and decent hotels for about 140 for a few nights in November.
  • Curva and distinti sud are season tickets only. You'll be able to get derby tickets but probably not in a cheap area.

I went in 2007(ish), I booked through romalazio.co.uk but that seems to have closed down now. I asked them for distinti sud tickets so they stuck me in the away end with Lazio fans. Obviously great fun though, unfortunately it was 0-0 but it was a proper cup final atmosphere. We saw some scuffles outside as a few Lazio fans were in Man U shirts (they'd just thrashed Roma 7-1).

I saw Roma v Inter 2 seasons ago and used the shop I mentioned. Online ticket sites are generally fine in Italy, you'll probably be printing your own tickets. Just always take your passport to the ground!
  • edited August 2015
    Go and see Juventus rather than all these 'fashionable' clubs in touristy places! Will hard pressed to find a better atmosphere in Europe! I know that's quite a claim but having been to many stadiums including the likes of Barcelona and various Premier League sides I would say that the best two have been Juventus and Bayern Munich.
  • Go and see Juventus rather than all these 'fashionable' clubs in touristy places! Will hard pressed to find a better atmosphere in Europe! I know that's quite a claim but having been to many stadiums including the likes of Barcelona and various Premier League sides I would say that the best two have been Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Or they could pick a team with proper fans like Sampdoria, Atalanta or Verona ;)